Chinese Takeaway

Yes, fish is free if batter removed. I thought it may be the same with the sweet and sour chicken balls but decided I would check anyway, just to be sure. I asked my consultant and she said that she didn't know and would find out for me - she got back to me the following day and said 7 syns.

One thing that may or may not be different to the fish in batter is that when you take the chicken out of the batter it doesn't taste like plain chicken - there is a heck of a lot of salt added to it. It really is salty. I've always eaten it batterless as I don't like batter and no matter which Chinese take away I go to the chicken always tastes like this. Maybe the salt added changes the syn value due to it being less healthy? :hmm: Fish in batter is always just plain, unadulterated fish.

Yes, fish is free if batter removed. I thought it may be the same with the sweet and sour chicken balls but decided I would check anyway, just to be sure. I asked my consultant and she said that she didn't know and would find out for me - she got back to me the following day and said 7 syns.

One thing that may or may not be different to the fish in batter is that when you take the chicken out of the batter it doesn't taste like plain chicken - there is a heck of a lot of salt added to it. It really is salty. I've always eaten it batterless as I don't like batter and no matter which Chinese take away I go to the chicken always tastes like this. Maybe the salt added changes the syn value due to it being less healthy? :hmm: Fish in batter is always just plain, unadulterated fish.

There will be some method in the madness.

So helpful. Can I just check are these syn values still the same? If not can someone tell me the syn value of chicken in black bean? I've just had it going off what I could find online but if it has actually changed massively I need to make sure I have no other syns! Thank you :)

So helpful. Can I just check are these syn values still the same? If not can someone tell me the syn value of chicken in black bean? I've just had it going off what I could find online but if it has actually changed massively I need to make sure I have no other syns! Thank you :)

A 360g portion of chicken in black bean sauce is 5 syns on EE and Red. 14 on Green. Just remember though that not all Chinese takeaways serve the same portions. Mine do a 460g portion of this dish, making the syns 6.5 instead of 5, which to be fair is still bloomin' good! ;-)

A 360g portion of chicken in black bean sauce is 5 syns on EE and Red. 14 on Green. Just remember though that not all Chinese takeaways serve the same portions. Mine do a 460g portion of this dish, making the syns 6.5 instead of 5, which to be fair is still bloomin' good! ;-)

Amazing - I weighed mine to be 360g and it was most of the portion anyway! I feel so much better about allowing it now as it's my all time favourite from the Chinese anyway :) thank you for your help!

A few have asked about this but no one has had an answer so far. wondering if someone may know now about foo yung?

How many syns in vegetable chow mein? - always have this with boiled rice when I get a takeaway.
Also (I know they will be high!) but how many syns for a vegetable spring roll? Think I'll have to have a go at making my own :D

fantastic thread i love Chinese food! I have only been SW for 10 days so I am resisting a take away as much as I can but at least i know my options now for when I get one xx

Being treated by the boyfriend to a Chinese out tonight, so I'm loving this!
Think mines beef in black bean or chicken in oyster then

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I read this thread in way home last night and ordered a chow mein.... When I went to add it to my online food diary it came up at 16 1/2 syns! Not 7 :(

Hi I have just tried your idea and it was so much nicer and healthier than an original dish swimming in veg oil.
Thank you for your post - delicious and as you said free

Hi Jenstarr
did you order your chow Mein to be cooked in soy sauce. I did as a special request through just eat and the restaurant so nice phoning up to check it was right.

Back