Chinese Takeaway

Yes this seems to be the case for me. I was told I could save all my syns for a special occasion or for weekend treat but if I do that I never lose anything. It's so annoying. I was wondering why I wasn't losing any weight at first. I'm going to have to try and do what you do and just refuse to go somewhere or just stick to syns daily and flexi it. Nothing is ever simple lol :break_diet:

all the syns that are on the 1st page, if you're on the EE plan is it the first number that you use??

Asked Chinese if I cud get the chicken chow mein cooked in soy sauce instead of veg oil and was laughed at and told that it has to be cooked in oil and couldn't have soy sauce! Anyone had any luck recently in getting it substituted lol x

*Shine Bright Like A Diamond*

I asked 2 different Chinese take away's to do mine without oil. One did it totally without oil and other used a small amount.

Subscribing. Thanks!

That would be hard to gauge because it's still been deepfried.... If you don't like the batter why not just get Sweet and Sour Chicken and boiled rice? That would be 8.5 syns on extra easy.

Thanks for this thread - I'm quite new to SW and this thread has been very helpful. I always get sweet and sour chicken balls but I don't like batter so I cut them open and just eat the chicken with a small amount of the sauce - how many syns do you think this would be (roughly)?

Thanks

Sorry to quote my own post, but wanted to share this in case it helped anyone else :)

I asked my consultant and she found out that the syn value for this is 7 syns.

Sweet & Sour Chicken in Batter, average portion, 320g serving 17½,17½,25½

Whats an ...average portion?
With my chinese I always get boiled rice, have 3 chicken balls, some sweet and sour sauce and 5-6 chips? lol!

I allow my syn allowance for a friday always to be 25 for a chinese speficially, do you think that would be covered?

Back