Chinese Takeaway

Here is something that I bet you never thought of:

The reason that the Chow Mein is synned is because of the vegetable oil it is cooked in, the veg oil is used as its a quicker way of cooking it BUT if you ask the person in the takeaway to cook it in Soy Sauce instead which is free on the plan then you have a free Chow Mein!! Ive been eating these for ages and I think they actually taste better cooked in just soy sauce.

Hope that helps

You might want to put this in the TIP OF THE DAY thread, then everyone can see it as its wonderful to know. :D

Thank you x

This is really helpfull thanks!
I know flexi syns are fine and as long as you go back on the plan all is well.
However whenever i have a "treat" i instantly regret it still as iam so aware of how many syns etc it is.
So yeah its good to know that you could have a chiense within syn allowance, Just got to control myself now!
Were going to a chiense buffet for a birthday, if it was up to me i would avoid putting myself in this situation and eat somewhere when what comes on my plate it the limit. LOL

xx

chinese style salt n pepper chips

dos anyone know how many syns are in chinese style salt n pepper chips?

thanks

Doesn anybody now how many syns are a chinese curry either chicken, special or beef?

I had one th other night, and trying to see how many synsi t would have been?

Thanks x

What a great thread. Having Chinese tonight and will try the beef in black bean sauce as I've never had it before, always go for the safe chow mein option so be good to try something new.

Had Chinese last night and holy crap I felt dreadful afterwards! Yeah I felt guilty but I felt shaky and sick! Gross x

Hi
Has anyone any idea of the syns of chicken in hot garlic sauce (extra veg lol) in the Chinese???
Thank you x

Thanks for this great thread..very helpful and informative!! I will be going out for a chinese on Friday to celebrate my birthday and thanks to all this great info, I will be making the right choices!! :D

Hello :) I was just looking through here to decide what I fancied from the chinese, and looking in my SW book. Then I thought I'd see if there was a 'useful feature' on chinese on the slimming world website and there was!

But I'm so confused as it says boiled rice is 6.5 syns per serving?!

'If you fancy rice with your dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns on Original and Free on Extra Easy!'

Can anyone help please??!! :)

It's so annoying as they never say what syns are in any vegetable dishes (apart from stir fry). How many syns in veg curry, veg blackbean, veg kung po, veg satay etc? :cry:

Not made to measure said:
It's so annoying as they never say what syns are in any vegetable dishes (apart from stir fry). How many syns in veg curry, veg blackbean, veg kung po, veg satay etc? :cry:

I wouldn't imagine there's much difference as chicken, etc. is free anyway.

The veg ones will be the same value on green as the chicken ones are on ee.

Do you know the syns of kung po? I've never managed to find them

This is great to have!! I normally have fried rice but looks like I'll be changing to black bean sauce! I'm actually not craving a takeaway at the moment but at least I know when I do what to have instead of having it and trying to work out the syns afterwards and being horrified lol that's what I'd normally do

Cool, thanks for that! No I've never found the syns for Kung Po :-( If I do I'll post it on here

I looked online myself and found a couple of websites with nutritional information on for kung po, put it in the syns calculator with 360 g and once again with 400 g as the portion size and it came out between 12 and 14 syns. (I tried two different sets of nutritional info)

I think if I'm really treating myself this puts my mind at rest that I'm not having stupid syns, but don't know if I'd trust it completely. So I would have it but would count it as a full 15 syns I think just to make sure....

we're going to a friends on Saturday and really hoping we get takeaway as I haven't had it since starting slimming world (one and a half years ago) so think I might treat myself

I looked online myself and found a couple of websites with nutritional information on for kung po, put it in the syns calculator with 360 g and once again with 400 g as the portion size and it came out between 12 and 14 syns. (I tried two different sets of nutritional info)

I think if I'm really treating myself this puts my mind at rest that I'm not having stupid syns, but don't know if I'd trust it completely. So I would have it but would count it as a full 15 syns I think just to make sure....

we're going to a friends on Saturday and really hoping we get takeaway as I haven't had it since starting slimming world (one and a half years ago) so think I might treat myself

You havent had a takeaway in 1 1/2 years? I have one regularly and just count it as the full 15 syns and it works ok. I wish i knew how many syns was in a veg curry though haha. Thanks so much for the kung po syns. My 2 fave meals! Enjoy your takeaway!!! :D

Back