Christmas Countdown - not weight! NO BAH-HUMBUGS ALLOWED! lol

looks lovely BL

Love Poinsettia Cake BL. Very professional.
Who's going to eat it? Are you taking it to the in-laws?

Work of Art!

I posted this in the foody section already, but then thought as its a Christmas Thread - I would show pics of my first ever Christmas Cake. I am quite pleased with the results. :) Hope it tastes nice. It should the amount of booze thats been fed to it over the past couple of months!! LOL

Warning: PICS OF FOOD.

Picasa Web Albums - J - Christmas cake#

It looks amazing. A true masterpeice!

MM

***Sleeps***

4 to go!

:xmastree:

That is sleeps until Christmas eve as it all starts there!

Well, thats me done. Not a stitch left to do until Christmas morning now except sit back and enjoy the lead up to Christmas.

This is wonderful. I baked a Christmas Cake, as you know. ANd thats it. THat is all I have done, or are doing.

Previous years, I would be baking and concocting for days in advance, nrequiring a shelf in my outlaws fridge just for our contributions!

What a huge amount of pressure that is removed, keeping it simple and not food based! Loving that.

We still have snow here. THe pavements are like skaing rinks. Bit of slip and slide in my car today. But its so darn pretty, I don;t care about any of the inconvenience! I love it!

ANd now, going to pour a big cup of coffee, feet up, and watch "A Christmas Story" - which is my favourite christmas film, and was just ranked number 1 of all xmas films in America. Even beat Its a WOnderful LIfe and Miracle on 34th St! (They were 2nd and 3rd)

Happy lead up to Crimbo everyone! :)
x

happy early chrimbo to you BL
have a wicked chrismukkah

Last edited:
***Sleeps***

3 to go!

One for me... my son is getting on his plane in a few hours! Let's hope that there are no problems with it getting here (he has to land in North Carolina and take off again) -- and us getting him to anf from Gatewick tomorrow very early!

oh lovely
:D god bless you, it will be so lovely to have your little one back im sure :D
you done all the xmas shopping and so on?
went tescos yday and my gosh couldnt believe most of the desserts and chocolates were cleared :O

As I am unlikely to get online now for the week or more I would like to wish everyone a super Christmas.

Kat xx

Thanks Kat, Merry Christmas to you, too.

My son made his flight leaving Florida and should be in the Charlotte, North Carolina airport waiting for his connection to Gatwick. In fless than 12 hours he should be here.

MM

Mel you have a fabulous time and hug him very very tight when he gets here! :)

Enjoy it darling! xx

mel :) it will be awesome standing at gatwick waiting for your boy to come through them gates :)

***Sleeps***

2 to go!

Thanks Kat... my husband is on his way to Gatwick with our daughter to meet up with the boy. I decided to stay here with dog, since it may be a looong day on the road to and from the airport. His plane was delayed by just over an hour... not bad considering what those poor Eurostar travellers have been going through. MM

Yeah I bet Mel! I am so glad nothing has affected him getting home!

You must be soooooooooooooooooo excited!

Kat xx

wooo hooo

***Sleeps***

1 to go!

Hi Ya'll --

My son is happy to be "home" and seeing his mates. My neice was pleased to see snow for the first time -- but would like someone to turn the heat on! (Thin blood -- she has lived in Florida all her life.)
I am almost ready for Christmas -- we'll be baking some cookies tomorrow and doing the last minute bits.

MM

aww fabulous Mel!

Enjoy!

Kat xx

Back