Confessions of an Indecisive Dieter - Restarting with no cheating!

Hello :)

Here's a bit about me; I'm in my 20's and I've been on almost every diet going but I always allow something to get in the way. I struggle with depression so that's probably half of the problem, but I'm determined to reach my goal this time. I'm tired of having excuses! To see friends, go on holiday, change career etc.

I got engaged Christmas eve and I refuse to start planning my wedding properly until I'm close to goal. We also want to try for a baby soon and that can't happen at this weight.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you :)

Last edited:
Yay finally ordered a sample of everything I haven't tried. My sleeping pattern is so messed up this week though as I'm working nights as a one off, so day one will be when I wake up later today lol. Or I might wait until sunday? I've started cutting down on carbs already so my body doesn't get too much of a shock.

Hi ilikepencils just wanted to stop by and wish you luck

I suffer with depression too but it is a lot better when I am slimmer as my confidence rises and overall the depression isn't as bad as it is now.

I am glad you managed to order the individual samples. I did the same as I didn't want to order the big sample pack as I knew I probably wouldn't like the soups! I did find their ordering process a little confusing at first though lol.

I think it's a good idea to start gradually lowering carb intake prior to starting, I wish I had done that! I had such a horrid first week but by week 2 I was on a roll. I think I am just slower than everyone else... from what I read on here, most people start to feel better between day 3 or 5!

Day 1

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5 lbs in the few days before starting S&S, very happy but part of me worries my first week won't be such a big loss now :rolleyes:

How can this be a vlcd? I'm full, content and ready for bed lol. The only bad thing I have to say about today is I've had a bit of a bad tummy, but I expect that's normal in the beginning.

Here's what I've had in order;

Red berry shake -this was okay and tasted more like a strawberry shake to me, although I've not tried an s&s strawberry shake yet.

Porridge - LOVE! I've read a few bad reviews on this but I'd rate it a 9/10. It tastes like a weird rice pudding to me, tiny bit powdery, but I think I could have this daily. I added sweeteners and cinnamon.

Prawn salad - filled me up and felt normal, even without the carbs.

Lemon yoghurt & white chocolate - microwaved into bite size 'biscuits' with orange 'squash' I would happily have all of what I've had today off the diet, maybe with the exception of the berry shake, not that I don't like it, but makes me feel a bit meh.

Hi ilikepencils just wanted to stop by and wish you luck

I suffer with depression too but it is a lot better when I am slimmer as my confidence rises and overall the depression isn't as bad as it is now.

I am glad you managed to order the individual samples. I did the same as I didn't want to order the big sample pack as I knew I probably wouldn't like the soups! I did find their ordering process a little confusing at first though lol.

I think it's a good idea to start gradually lowering carb intake prior to starting, I wish I had done that! I had such a horrid first week but by week 2 I was on a roll. I think I am just slower than everyone else... from what I read on here, most people start to feel better between day 3 or 5!

Hi Luv2bslim, thanks for wishing me luck! Just noticed we have very similar stats. Congrats on your loss so far, will have to have a nose for your diary :)

ilikepencils said:
Day 1

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 5 lbs in the few days before starting S&S, very happy but part of me worries my first week won't be such a big loss now :rolleyes:

How can this be a vlcd? I'm full, content and ready for bed lol. The only bad thing I have to say about today is I've had a bit of a bad tummy, but I expect that's normal in the beginning.

Here's what I've had in order;

Red berry shake -this was okay and tasted more like a strawberry shake to me, although I've not tried an s&s strawberry shake yet.

Porridge - LOVE! I've read a few bad reviews on this but I'd rate it a 9/10. It tastes like a weird rice pudding to me, tiny bit powdery, but I think I could have this daily. I added sweeteners and cinnamon.

Prawn salad - filled me up and felt normal, even without the carbs.

Lemon yoghurt & white chocolate - microwaved into bite size 'biscuits' with orange 'squash' I would happily have all of what I've had today off the diet, maybe with the exception of the berry shake, not that I don't like it, but makes me feel a bit meh.

Hello ilikepencils and welcome!
I have recently made the change from Exante to S&S and so far I'm enjoying it alot more! :)
I agree with you so far, I wasn't keen on the Red berry shake, compared to other flavours it isn't that nice!
I loved the porridge too! I dont see what was wrong with it thought it was real yummy but not alot of people seem to like it?!
Lemon and yog bar is just delish!! So is Choc Truffa and Choc Praline! not keen on the other bars especially muesli it had a really funny after taste :-/
My fav meal is Spicy Spag Bol it was lush with lettuce and cucumber!
Anyway hope u are getting on well so far?
Check out my diary I recently started and we can support each other! :)
Kele x

"Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels!"

Hi ilikepencils,
I have had depression in the past - I found 2 things help - walking/exercise in the countryside and resolve any conflict that causes your depression, by making a decision that stops you being pulled in two different directions (easier said than done, i know). Perhaps that will make dieting easier and give you a boost as your results improve?

Hello ilikepencils and welcome!
I have recently made the change from Exante to S&S and so far I'm enjoying it alot more! :)
I agree with you so far, I wasn't keen on the Red berry shake, compared to other flavours it isn't that nice!
I loved the porridge too! I dont see what was wrong with it thought it was real yummy but not alot of people seem to like it?!
Lemon and yog bar is just delish!! So is Choc Truffa and Choc Praline! not keen on the other bars especially muesli it had a really funny after taste :-/
My fav meal is Spicy Spag Bol it was lush with lettuce and cucumber!
Anyway hope u are getting on well so far?
Check out my diary I recently started and we can support each other! :)
Kele x

"Nothing Tastes As Good As Skinny Feels!"

Hi Kele! Thanks for the welcome & support. I love the choc truffa bar too, that and the lemon and yoghurt bar are the only bars I like, defo agree with the muesli bar - blurgh. I'll have to get a praline sample.

I am getting on well surprisingly! This doesn't feel like a vlcd at all! How are you getting on? Will check out your diary :)

Hi ilikepencils,
I have had depression in the past - I found 2 things help - walking/exercise in the countryside and resolve any conflict that causes your depression, by making a decision that stops you being pulled in two different directions (easier said than done, i know). Perhaps that will make dieting easier and give you a boost as your results improve?

Hi Graham, walking/exercise definitely helps! I love scenic walks/hikes but never seem to get around to it anymore. I'll have to make more effort! Thanks for the advice :)

I always get totm on day 2 or 3 of a vlcd! How strange :/. Yesterday I had the worst headache ever :( apparently it's called a thunderclap headache. I went to bed early then had to get back up for my final pack. LOVE the mushroom pasta with added chicken - noms! I'm not so keen on the original oatmeal. I think I added too much water to the crispy chocolate shake.

I've just tried the hazelnut shake for breakfast, quite thick and filling. So far I prefer Exante shakes but I have no complaints about s&s shakes and the meal packs more than make up for it.

I feel really tired and meh, but hopefully I'll have an energy boost soon! I'm sure this is normal for the first few days, right?

Apart from the headache and lack of energy I'm a huge fan of this diet!

just you wait until ketosis kicks in!!! wowzers! you will feel awesome xx

That's what I'm waiting for Paula! Feel a bit better now though.

Mushroom soup - blurgh! I'm not a fan of soup off the diet so not sure why I ordered any. I used to make my Cambridge soups into 'crisps' although you're not supposed to.

Oh no! I had double the amount of tofu allowance. I thought half the pack was 100g but it was 200 :-/ I'll be sticking to chicken and prawns from now on, as I don't think the tofu is worth the calories, although I used to love the stuff.

I'm ready for bed - I'll try to stay up for another 30-60 mins though lol what a rebel. Hope my mood picks up soon, OH has noticed but he's been making me giggle lots, so it's not all bad.

4 days in 8 lbs down :D I know I'm not mean't to weigh daily, but I can't help myself. My mood has lifted too. I know I'm only on day 4 but I really feel like I can do this! I love the dinner option and using the mushroom pasta or another meal pack as a sauce over chicken makes this a breeze. I don't feel so hungry today either.

I caved last night when OH ordered a Chinese I had a tiny bit of it.. Then I had 2 glasses of wine. It was my choice but he'd been going on about take aways and alcohol all day, I was strong until the last minute. Usually I'd give up and go on a huge binge but I'm back on plan and putting this behind me.

Good work hun on resisting the pizza :) 8lb down is ace, dont worry about the blip..keep going :)

1 day at a time :) xx

Thanks hun :) x

I'm being tortured atm! My OH is here along with my very pregnant & hungry sister and her boyfriend - they've been talking about food for the last couple of hours and now the men have gone to get a take away, whilst tempting me the entire time. They don't understand why I'm on a vlcd, so I don't blame them but this is so hard! I won't be giving in though..

I'm proud of myself - they made it really difficult to resist at one point. May sound silly but I've always given in with things like that in the past.

Made a big s&s order earlier, hopefully I'll get them tomorrow because (other than exante shakes) I only have spicy spag bol and cottage pie in the cupboards and I'm not keen on them at all.

Good work hun!! my OH is on strict instructions to cook himself from tommorow!! lol am lucky hes on a strict training diet...so the worst that will be wafting is some grilled chicken!! lol

How was today??

Back