Cough medicines etc

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by Piper, 3 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Piper

Piper Regular Member

Do these affect ketosis? I've been really good this week but its not seeming to show on the scales (i know I shouldnt' be weighing on my own - I'm working on it! LOL). I have a horrendous cough and have been taking cough medicine and Halls Soothers if I have any hope of getting sleep at night.

Will they knock me out of ketosis?

Lynne x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JayneGreeny

JayneGreeny Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.76%)
    Diet:
    shake that weight
    I was going to ask the same thing as ive had a really bad cough and cold and im taking cough medicine and sucking on tunes

4. jo_star

jo_star Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Of course they will!! They have sugar in!!!

Painkillers and lemsip if you absolutely must (has sweeteners apparently).

5. jo_star

jo_star Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    PS - Get some Phenergen (antihistamine) from chemists - my doc recommended these as they are a very effective sleep inducer - just make sure you can lay in the next morning

6. Piper

Piper Regular Member

Thanks Jo

I can't take anything that makes me drowsy though as I have an autistic 4 year old who doesn't sleep much - so nor do I - need to be able to be alert all the time just in case he wakes.

Painkillers dont help at all because I'm not poorly, just have a horrendous cough!! Will just have to hope I still have a loss - I should have even though Im not in ketosis - just wont be as much.

Lynne x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.