• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Cough medicines etc

Piper

Do these affect ketosis? I've been really good this week but its not seeming to show on the scales (i know I shouldnt' be weighing on my own - I'm working on it! LOL). I have a horrendous cough and have been taking cough medicine and Halls Soothers if I have any hope of getting sleep at night.

Will they knock me out of ketosis?

Lynne x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I was going to ask the same thing as ive had a really bad cough and cold and im taking cough medicine and sucking on tunes

Of course they will!! They have sugar in!!!

Painkillers and lemsip if you absolutely must (has sweeteners apparently).

PS - Get some Phenergen (antihistamine) from chemists - my doc recommended these as they are a very effective sleep inducer - just make sure you can lay in the next morning

Piper

Thanks Jo

I can't take anything that makes me drowsy though as I have an autistic 4 year old who doesn't sleep much - so nor do I - need to be able to be alert all the time just in case he wakes.

Painkillers dont help at all because I'm not poorly, just have a horrendous cough!! Will just have to hope I still have a loss - I should have even though Im not in ketosis - just wont be as much.

Lynne x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cambridge Weight Plan 3
Pregnancy Without The Pounds 11
Syn Values 2
Slim And Save 2
Cambridge Weight Plan 9