Crisp maker

I had one of these years ago! I think I got it from lakeland. Yes it did work but it took ages to slice the potatoes and much longer than it said to cook them . Eventually the plastic melted it got so hot :eek:

i usually just spray a plate with fry light and put my cut potatoe on it then spray the top of the potatoe and add seasoning yum yum xx

Mine just arrived and it was only a week and not the 2 to 3 they said. I'll try it out this evening.

Mine just arrived and it was only a week and not the 2 to 3 they said. I'll try it out this evening.

Good greif how can you wait over 5 hours to try it out woman!!!!!!! I want to know how good it is nowwwwww all this talk of crisps has got me going and I haven't had a gadget for ages, get slicing them tatties and post sooooooooon hun xx:D:D:D

yeah i can't remember why they're free but they are :) ...if i she's free to talk to tomorrow i will try and get my consutant to explain why :)

yeah do let us know if you find out why because im still pretty skeptical/very interested?? xxx

I made some last night using the slicer bit on my box grater and laying them on a plate with some frylight and oxo (as suggested above (thanks btw)). The ones that crisped up properly were lovely!! I can't wait until my crisper comes from Hong Kong... I'm not synning them as it is a bit of a faff and it is not like anyone would make batch after batch after batch and scoff the lot as it would take too long. I can eat far more of the fatbum chips and not syn them. Therefore, I think it is pretty safe to count them as free!!!

i too have made some microwave crisps, with various end results form emmmm to errrrrr using the plate method...
little tip, dab the cut raw crisps with kitchen towel before adding frylight, it removes some of the moistness before microwaving

I received mine this week and made some, which were yummy. I also added a review of the crisp maker on my blog.

Last edited:
I've been making these in the micro for hubby's kids for years ...... its really easy - I just slice the potatoes on our V slicer, fry light a large plate, lay the potato slices on the plate, fry light them again and sprinkle with flavour (bovril cubes - now free - make fab beef crisps) and then bung in the micro on full power for a few minutes ....... just keep checking them until they're golden brown and crispy ....... they do turn quite quickly so you have to keep your eye on them ... but they're lovely!!

xx
Of course the V-slicer didn't think of that duh! Umm you know how you are with gadgets though are you ok? ;)
Wendy

Good greif how can you wait over 5 hours to try it out woman!!!!!!! I want to know how good it is nowwwwww all this talk of crisps has got me going and I haven't had a gadget for ages, get slicing them tatties and post sooooooooon hun xx:D:D:D

Sorry!! I forgot to respond... and I did wait before trying!!
They were FANTASTIC!!
My hubby ate most of my first batch so I had to make more!!
I have made them a few times since.
I have made them with plain salt and with Aromat, which makes them taste like salt & vinegar. I want to get more flavourings too.
I have also tried spraying with fry light before popping them in and also without, as I forgot... and they both came out nice and crispy. It is a good investment!!

Sorry!! I forgot to respond... and I did wait before trying!!
They were FANTASTIC!!
My hubby ate most of my first batch so I had to make more!!
I have made them a few times since.
I have made them with plain salt and with Aromat, which makes them taste like salt & vinegar. I want to get more flavourings too.
I have also tried spraying with fry light before popping them in and also without, as I forgot... and they both came out nice and crispy. It is a good investment!!

How does it work exactly? I really miss crisps!!

Thanks

It's been 2 weeks to the day since I bought mine but ebay shows that it has been dispatched. I am desperate to try it.

Back