Cross Stitch Crazies

jayde1148 said:
Hi all, I love cross stitch! Just started a new big project last night - the Footprints poem and a figure of Jesus, it is a beautiful picture. Its gonna help me avoid that fridge lol!! I'd love to see peoples work, I give a lot away as gifts but going to start taking pictures x

That sounds amazing ... Where did you get the kit? Was it expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

AnwenG said:
Can't wait for my exam to be over and done with so I can finish my cross-stitch :D

Took the words right out my mouth...exams and studying take the joy out of any free time :(

(and yes i love winnie the pooh :p )
Really love your Winnie the Pooh work. :) Doing a Pooh one for my god-daughter's first birthday present at the moment. Figure it's nice to make her a little something she'll always be able to keep.
Not sure if I'm alone here in being a man who stitches though. I took it up a few years ago, and find it so relaxing...even if I have been known to sew my shirt into it while not focusing on what I'm doing.

My latest project

b61dcd45.jpg
[/IMG]

i am a sticther too. all your work is amazing. i am finding it hard to be motivated at the moment. i am doing some paper embroidery cards for a change.

Wow there are some gorgeous finishes on here. I am a cross stitch addict also and just love stitching away for hours. I will post some photos of my work once I have enough posts to do so as I think until I get to a certain number posts I'm restricted on what I can do on here.
I'm a member of a stitching forum also, its great there, made some wonderful friends and its lovely to be able to share my work with fellow stitchers too

I'm a bit of a newbie to cross-stitch, but I really do enjoy it! It keeps my mind occupied and stops me reaching for the biscuits! I have to admit though that I absolutely hate doing the backstitch for the outlines!

I'm currently doing a Me to You baby cross stitch, and have an Eeyore Christmas one to do next :)

Some fab photos of your work!!

I hate doing the outlines too. You get nearly to the end and very excited about getting finished (sad I know), and then you remember the flipping outlines need doing. It does make a difference though so worth it.

I hadn't thought about stitching forums, maybe that's something I should look into.

I am a fellow stitcher, and I am serial starter, I have many projects on the go. When I am allowed I will post pics

Lol serial starter, that's me too. I've just picked up a cross stitch I started at least 3 years ago and am being strict with myself - your not ordering that tapestry canvas you want until you've finished this cross stitch !

I think it's 50 posts before you can post photos although I'm not entirely certain of this. Maybe try after 20 posts then if it doesn't work it's probably 50.

I hate doing the outlines too. You get nearly to the end and very excited about getting finished (sad I know), and then you remember the flipping outlines need doing. It does make a difference though so worth it.

I hadn't thought about stitching forums, maybe that's something I should look into.
I don't like doing the backstitch much either, it can get a bit boring! Sometimes I do it as I go along as there is not as much to do at the end, obviously I only do that if I have finished one section and no more stitches need to go in except the backstitch.

If you'd like a good forum to visit you should come to the one I go on, everyone is lovely on there and really friendly. I'm not sure if I am allowed to give links out on this forum am I?

Yes but we cannot send or receive PM's yet until we get to 50 posts so we're all gonna have to post, post, post :D

If you google "Cross stitch forums" the forum I use is the third link down.
Are you on EMS then?
if you are you'll know what I mean I am on a couple but don't post as much as I used to, I have got hooked on Crochet at the moment and doing a Hexagon English Paper piecing quilt.

I have to admit though that I absolutely hate doing the backstitch for the outlines!
I don't mind doing the backstitch, personally...usually as it means I've nearly finished one that's been on the go forever, and I'm glad to have it out the way. lol.
It's big blocks of pale colours I hate doing, especially yellow. There's something about working with yellow cotton that drives me insane. :p

Back