Cruise - Alcohol

samjay123

Silver Member
Hi everyone. Im going on a night out tonight. I've lost 12lb so far and have 14left so almost half way there so am not too worried about stalling for a week with the losing.

Im planning on sticking to vodka and maybe a glass of wine and will take it very slow. (I know alcohol is forbidden but it's a friends birthday and to be quite frank im really craving alcohol lol) But im a bit worried about having stomach cramps etc while im out.

Would anyone who has had alcohol on cruise like to share their experience? I would love to know what to expect.
Thank you in advance xx

I have had alcohol on cruise - and my advice is not to risk it.

First you will get drunk much faster than you would normally, and will find it harder to make judgements about your limits, your safety and food cravings (I was lucky I was with friends, but I almost fell asleep on a bus. The wrong bus. Going to the wrong entirely.)

Second - it will stimulate your appetite - the cravings for food are really strong and (because you are very tipsy) harder to resist.

Three - the hangover is epic! Worst hangover I can remember since I was a clueless teen.

Four - you'll be out of ketosis and will probably see your weight bump up a few lbs in the next few days, which can be pretty de-motivating.

That was my experience, and I wouldn't do it again. I just remind myself that I can drink in conso, and that if I don't drink now that first conso drink will come all the more quickly.

Ditto Atropos' advice, totally.

However, Dr D allows a glass of dry red wine, I believe (that's about 120ml, not the bottle-sized glasses that UK bars seem to favour now - or did last time I was in the UK) if things are getting desperate. If I had that, I'd cut out all tolerated items for the next week though.

I just remind myself that I can drink in conso, and that if I don't drink now that first conso drink will come all the more quickly.

I do that when I crave sweets. I try to remind myself that I will be able to have some sweets in conso..

I should have listened to you all. I was so excited to get dolled up for a night on the town there was nothing stopping me. And so excited about the fact I'd fitted into size ten jeans that still had the tags on from years of waiting in the wardrobe lol. The hangover was normal as I ended up having to get a lift home at 12 because I got drunk super quick as soon as the fresh air hit me. But I ate and ate and ate the next day, and not dukan friendly. I weighed on Tuesday and I was still 3lb up. The cravings Monday and Tuesday were crazy. I kept eating chocolate. I thought I could get away with a little weight that would go the next day. I've had two perfect days now but still have 2.2lb to go to get back to pre alcohol/binge weight. My week has been wasted because of it. BUT... I have learned a big lesson! Lol. And hope others learn from my mistake. If you want the scale numbers to go down do not do what I did :p Thanks anyway xxx

I could so see myself doing exactly the same. Probably will in the next 3 plus months. Thanks for sharing you hard earned lesson. It's the kind for me that's probably gotta be self taught, but I have yours and Atropos' stories rattling around now in my head to pull on. Hoping the 2.2 pounds drop quickly!

Dang chocolate, you siren, you!

Back