Days without a binge/ Food Journal

Well I got a little inebriated this past weekend, so that was not to good for me. I went on a little vacation, ate alright, not too bad, but not too good either, it's much easier during the week when I am busy and in a rhythm. Today, 02/27/2011 Oatmeal, sweet potato, beans, banana, and pear for lunch, 1 cup Greek non-fat plain yogurt, then a dinner of homemade spaghetti with beans and roasted vegetables. Days without binge-6, I am feeling like I licked this habit, I also decided I am never eating cereal ever in my life again.

Hi, its good to see your very positive post today! I should imagine your little break really did u good, maybe gave you a chance to relax a little (Love the bit about the alcohol LOL!) You did well to stick to your food plan while u were away, I always go mad and eat everything I can when I'm on holiday...I can easily put a stone on in a week!
Well there's not much more I can say other than well done, and hope you have got this thing licked!!!! Xx

Haha thank you, Today was good 02/28/2011 Oatmeal, normal weekday lunch, a sweet potato and a pear, then dinner of rice with veggies and chicken with some pineapple and strawberries. Days without binge- 7.

7 days without a binge...:woohoo:

We got to 11 days before, so only 5 more to beat that, and only 7 more to hit your target of 14! :winner:
Good for you hon, we are on a roll!! :talk017:

Thank you, I am on a roll, but it's the weekends that give me so much trouble. Good day today 03/01/2011 Oatmeal, normal weekday lunch, yogurt and a pear, then veggies, pasta, and beans for dinner. Days without binge- 8.

Not the best day, but every day cannot be great. 03/02/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, yogurt, pear, grapefruit, dinner of veggie soup with salmon, with some bread, then vanilla yogurt for dessert. Days without binge- 9, I just have to get passed this weekend.

Not doing so hot. Today oatmeal, soup, sweet potato, 1 cup yogurt with some mixins, more oatmeal, dinner of pasta fruit and beans, with a tortilla with jam. Days without binge- 10, but I don't know if I can make it through the weekend.

Oh you are so close to yr target of 14 days...you have to make it through the wkend! Keep trying hon, try to plan ahead and I will keep my fingers crossed for u xx
Haven't been about much as dad is in a hospice and my Stepmum is staying with us as she had an operation today, but I'm still wishing u lots of luck even if I'm not on here. :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Well I fudged it up again, but this time I think I will actually make it. Yesterday I went hardcore, an entire chocolate bar, and eating until I felt sick to my stomach. Today was, naturally, fantastic. 03/05/2011 Oatmeal, banana, pear, apple, soup of no sodium vegetable stock, beans and onions, sweet potato, then pasta with beans and mushrooms for dinner. Days without binge-1. I think I can do it.

Well I fudged it up again, but this time I think I will actually make it. Yesterday I went hardcore, an entire chocolate bar, and eating until I felt sick to my stomach. Today was, naturally, fantastic. 03/05/2011 Oatmeal, banana, pear, apple, soup of no sodium vegetable stock, beans and onions, sweet potato, then pasta with beans and mushrooms for dinner. Days without binge-1. I think I can do it.

Yes, you can, you've done it before - just need to stretch it out. I hate the weekend for binge temptation! I have binged continuously for almost 3 years and gained a stone (I was skinny). I read a post on here "All about Fred" which really hit home. For the first time I haven't binged for 7 days! I have got the munchies today so I am glued to my lap-top but thinking about food non-stop. I am not going to give in! I've had porridge, a banana, a tea and a coffee and then pitta with Philly light, ham and salad and an Activia FF yoghurt so far.

I am really looking forward to the time when I can go and buy some jeans (or anything new) as I refuse to buy anything in my current size and hate to see my sausage legs :D. I'm going on my exercise bike after reading all these threads - it's spurred me on.

All the very best Pomooky :) XX

Well done Pomooky! Good post, and good for u for not giving in, even though its really hard!
Meeisgood, at least u know yr not alone in yr struggle hon. I think you know u can do it, is it always wkends that u find difficult? Or are u tempted during the wk too? I've had a bad day today actually...not a binge but certainly had too much alcohol, and also pancakes and cream! I know I'm gona pay for it on the scales this week, but OMG I enjoyed it all!
Good luck to u both xx

Haha, yes it is only the weekends that I find difficult. Friday and Saturday are by far the worst. During the week I just follow my rhythm.Today was another good day, 03/06/2011 Oatmeal, Soup, sweet potato, banana, apple, half a grapefruit, yogurt, and dinner of chicken sausage, pasta and roasted vegetables. Only twelve days until I can finally reach my goal. Days without binge- 2

I totally agree with u about the wkends...I love a glass of wine so thats usually my downfall, although I have been limiting myself since I started my diet after xmas.
We have some celebratory meals coming up soon...hubbys birthday on monday so I've got the day off work to take him out for dinner. And I usually organise another big get together with all of his family (2nd marriage for both of us) which involves more food. So next week is going to be tough I think.
And now of course I am going to and from the hospice every day which luckily is only 15 mins away but it really throws me out of my eating routine so I'm having meals at funny times. But hopefully we will have Dad home soon.
Your food journals always sound really nice each day. Really healthy and quite varied. Do you have anyone else to cook for? I have my 3 grown up children at home, plus hubby, and I find I make much more of an effort with meals if I'm cooking for them too. Otherwise I probably wouldn't bother much and end up snacking. Hubby cooks on the days that I'm working and he's very good at following my diet plan. He's never been overweight, and I feel huge next to him!
Well it's the beginning of a new week hon so let's GO FOR IT lol!!! :girlpower: We can do it!!!

Hi Skinny Dawn

I am glad to hear that your dad will be home soon. You have had a lot to cope with over the last few weeks and it must be a very stressful time for you. You've done well not to have a major chocolate fix!

You always have time to give out great motivation and advice even though you must feel upset at times and I just wanted you to know that it's much appreciated - I'm sure many others would say the same. I hope you get some "me-time" and you will definitely be skinny if you don't take a pause! ;)

Take care Pomooky XX

oh Pomooky...your post took me totally by surprise! How lovely you are...I am so touched, thank you xx.
Dad's gona have a complete review of all his meds while he's in the hospice, and they are gona start some gentle physio tomorrow to see if they can get some mobility back. Oncology appt on Fri to see if he can have some rt on the tumour in his leg, fracture clinic next week, so hoping to get him home in about 2 weeks :) The cancer is wide spread...spine, femur, pelvis and spine...but he's a fighter. Given 3-8months to live but that was 3 years ago! He's the longest living survivor on this new drug called Tarceva.
Anyway, I'm hijacking Meeisgoods thread here!! :whoopass: I should think I'm totally DE-motivating everyone now so I'm gona shut up!! I get a lot out of this site, not just diet related, and it takes my mind of other stuff.
Take care ladies and be good lol!! xx

I do not mind you, "hijakcking" my thread, and it's great that your father's a fighter, you must have some of his genes. Today was good, 03/07/2011 Oatmeal, normal weekday lunch, banana, apple, sweet potato, then dinner of rice and beans. Days without binge- 3

So we are rocking and rolling again Meeisgood! Sounding positive and looking GOOD for another day :)
We got the best part of the week ahead of us to get our heads straight before the dreaded WKEND hits us ... how about making some plans for it so yr mind is off the food? See some friends, visit relatives, go to the movies...anything to take u out of the environment where u wud normally binge. Good luck for another successful day xx

I have already made healthy plans for the weekend, going on a walk on Saturday afternoon, and I am going out on Friday night, so I should be fine there. Today was good, although I worried about my recent lack of calcium, so I ate yogurt at the end of the day, if I'm going to eat yogurt I need to not eat a second helping of dinner. 03/08/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, banana, apple, sweet potato, 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, dinner of tortellini, fruit, and vegetables. Days without binge- 4.

Another good one. 03/09/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, banana, apple, yogurt, dinner of vegetable soup with bread. Days without binge- 5.

Back