Days without a binge/ Food Journal

Hi hon, gotta shoot off to work now but may get on a bit later...yr doing very well again. :) xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Another good one. 03/09/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, banana, apple, yogurt, dinner of vegetable soup with bread. Days without binge- 5.
Hi meeisgood, you seem to have cracked it! Just the weekend to get by and you can break your record. It will be 2 wks without a binge for me tomorrow - I am hoping to break the cycle. They say if you can cut a habit for 2 weeks you're on your way! My worst time are the evenings - the house is oozing with chocolate and biscuits (my sons) so I am upstairs on the lappy. I love oatmeal too and make a superthick dollop for breakfast to keep me going.

Well, all the best, keep going...:character00115:
XXX Pomooky

Hey...Meeisgood! Where are u? Hope yr absence from the site means u are doing so well u don't need us lol! I know u. Had plans for the weekend, hope yr having a lovely time. Speak soon :)

Success. It feels nice to say, I ate more than I would on a weekday, but not much more, and I have been exercising a little more lately. I'm not going to list all that I have eaten, but it has not been very bad for me, and it certainly has not been to excess. And poomoky, just don't buy your sons candies and cookies anymore, tell them to make it themselves, or make healthy choices, see if you can get your family in on your weight loss. Days without binge- 8.

Hi Meisgood and well done! You'll be feeling more confident and upbeat now, if you're anything like me. I think I have been walking about with my head inside my parka for the last 2 and a half years! Although I don't have heaps of weight to lose, it's the last pounds that are most stubborn and every calorie counts.

You're right about my son's choc/bic habit - it's got to be curbed. Difficult 'tho as he dislikes fruit and as for making his own cookies - I do not want margarine on the ceiling and chocolate chips in the carpet! :D

Anyway, it's good for me to have read all these posts because I thought it was just me who was pulled by an invisible force each evening towards the kitchen. I now realise that force was me all along. I think the reason that the house is stuffed with food is because I haven't been eating it!

Warm wishes Pomooky XX

Well I didn't escape the weekend completely unscathed. Today started normally, with oatmeal, a lunch of bean soup a sweet potato and some fruit. But the time change threw me for a loop, and I ended up having an extra bowl of oatmeal, alot of toast, and some cookies, in addition to more yogurt than normal and a dinner of whole wheat pasta and salmon. So days without binge- 9, but I'm looking forward to the week so I can get some real work in.

I'd say that was a HUGELY successful weekend hunny! Theres a massive difference between having a few extra treats and bingeing...the trick is knowing how far you can go before it changes from one to the other. And it looks as though u nailed it! Much easier to abstain COMPLETELY than to allow yourself a little extra and then know when to STOP. I think that's the trick to breaking the cycle and u did incredibly well to not get the 'sod it' factor whereby u think you've ruined it anyway so mite as well keep going and have a real binge. No, instead u limited yourself, stayed in control, and just did wot any 'ordinary' person would have done at the weekend...few little treats but nothing major.
You should feel so pleased and proud...YOU DIDN'T LOSE IT!!! And now you can have a wonderful week knowing that you CAN control your eating!
So pleased for u hon, keep posting and speak soon xx. :)

Well thank you for your nice encouragement. It was a Monday, so it was naturally good. 03/14/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, pear, orange, sweet potato, dinner of chicken soup with rice noodles. Days without binge- 10. Four more, I think it's fitting this is going to end on a Friday night.

Today was a Tuesday, makes eating correctly simple. 03/15/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, pear, orange, yogurt, dinner of sweet potato, fish, and roasted cauliflower. Days without binge- 10, back into the double digits.

Oooooh...I'm starting to get a bit excited now...feels like I'm going on holiday and I can nearly see the sea!!! We are getting close now ;) I think it will be plain sailing from now on hunny :wow:

Keep going, cant wait for the party on Fri when u suceed!! :party0023:

Let's hope I can make it. Wednesday 03/16/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, pear, orange, sweet potato, then dinner of beans and rice, but I had one too many servings. I just need to finish strong. Days without binge- 11.

You CAN make it!!! :)
Failure is NOT an option lol!!! :whoopass:
I'm so sure you are gona do it this time hunni xx

Hi meeisgood

That's great news! This time you're on track and doing really well. I can see you like your oatmeal - I love it too but I've developed a liking for Weetabix with Splenda and skimmed milk as a change. I am trying to vary my diet now as before (before I got fat that is :rolleyes:) I used to eat the same thing day in, day out and I think it was a little too controlled - maybe that's why my inner fatty broke out and scoffed so many packets of chocolate biscuits and snack bars!

Keep up the diary - it's keeping me motivated too..

Hi Skinnydawn - hope everything is good with you too. I just saw how much weight you have lost. Do you find it harder as it goes down?

Well, I'm going to have a couple of squares of dark chocolate and that's me done for today. ;)

XX Pomooky XX

Hi Meeisgood,
Just popping by to say hope u had a great Thursday...not long now hun! Xx
Have you got any plans for the wkend...don't want u celebrating by having a mega binge lol! Xx

Hi Pomooky,
Yes, the weight losses are a little slower I think, but I gona try not to complain (too much!). Today I lost 1 1/2lbs which I'm more relieved about rather than pleased! Two meals out in two days...yummy...so feels a bit like I was lucky to get away wiv a loss instead of a gain! I'm in bed on my mob now so can't see much on profiles...how r u finding it?

Congrats on the weight loss, and I find that if it is a weekend and I am at home a varied diet keeps me from eating incorrectly. But when I am out during the week a routine is very hard to break. Today was ok, oatmeal, normal lunch, yogurt, pear, banana, then bread, tortellini, orange, and veggies with garbanzo beans for dinner. Days without binge- 12. Just the weekend to get over.

Gotta ask...what are garbanzo beans? Sound interesting!

Chick peas, must be an American thing. Today was not great, but I still maintained or lost weight, 03/18/2011 Oatmeal, normal lunch, pear, banana, pita bread, sweet potato, chicken and rice for dinner, then more fruit actually. Days without binge- 13. Tommarow may be very difficult for me, I just have to brush my teeth early.

Hi there Meeisgood,

Don't let the day put you off your goal. Think of it as a day like yesterday or Monday or whatever. Somehow, sometime you must have wired up your head for weekend binges - have you read the All about Fred thread on here? After counselling and CBT etc - to no avail - this was the only thing that worked for me and I haven't binged since (early days!).

I too used to eat garbanzos - my spanish mother in law used to fry them with potatoes (eeek! :eek:fat splurge!), tomato salsa etc. but they were delicious.

Keep strong Meeisgood - you'll feel SO good the day after :)

Pomooky XXX

Morning Meeisgood,
Hope you are doing ok :fingerscrossed: I have to say I'm on tenter hooks here...can I open the bottle of bubbly yet? ;)

I finished slowly but i fimished. I was incredible bored today, and I had alot of food, I grazed all day, but I did not eat past the point where I was unbearably full. So thank you to all who posted, I will continue to post. But I can thankfully say days without binge- 14.

Back