Described as "this tall and this WIDE..." New me starts now!

Thank you mspiggy :eek: oh an dont worry I will happily give you a shake when a small increase happens!! ;)

Sorry I was so grumpy! just worked real hard this week, swimming, wii fit, zumba blah blah blah!!

I am so dissapointed in myself, you are so probably right maybe TOTM - never know when its coming with me implant!!

Ok I will now wait for RRose's good old shake to get me back thinking correctly now x :479:

So I have been thinking, tommorow is another day! start again, be super de duper good, have my hypno and I will damn well lose my 3lb next week to get to my 2 stone loss hell might even manage a 7lb loss to take me below 19 stone!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Oh my, OH just popped to the supermarket, on his way out he asked "do you want anything love?" I responded with "yes, chocolate, merangue, cake, pies, pastys anything that is bad for me":cry:

Obviously I didnt mean it but was half expecting him to bring me back a twirl!

He has just returned with the biggest bunch of flowers and a great big hug saying "I love you and you are doing so well!"

im happy now! :love:

oh I know trnaquility, stupid outburst I was just so upset!! Sorry x

lol it happens to us all.
My tip of the day: use a tape measure as well.
I once went 6 weeks of STS on the scale but went down a dress size.
The body and scales work by different rules.

Good morning my friend :)

*opens door, and gestures towards the comfiest sofa*...:)
"sit down hun, relax..here have a nice cuppa, its just brewed..and as it is wednesday, and a big day for you...have a wee tea biscuit too!!!! :D"

..and prepare yourself for another of my wee pep talks :)

Firstly, everyone is absolutely right, as you know! I felt the exact same last monday, lots of sighing, frustration, confusion, even crying :cry:because the scales didn't move. I even had the
"maybe, this is as far as my weight loss will go, and I'm meant to weigh over 17 stone FOREVER!!!!..ooh, what if i truly don't lose another ounce..ever!!!! thought"
Panic, panic , panic, tears, depressed etc etc, i remained like that the whole day, felt a failure, and yes, like you thought,
"what's the point?????" I had done nothing different, i ate the same, i exercised the same, so WHY had i lost nothing at all????????

Went to bed that night, feeling so low...BUT woke up in the morning feeling determined that the next scales result would be different.
I used all that frustration and anger to motivate rather than depress me, and remembered just how good I feel, even when I've lost a lb.

Everyone on my thread helped and supported me with lovely encouraging messages, and I realised that they were telling me, everything I tell others, when things get rocky!

I just know you will have woke up to this brand new day, feeling better and optimistic about everything. Massive pat on the back to your lovely, supportive hubby..WELL DONE MR PEPSHOUSE :) he did exactly the right thing, in your hour of need, he supported and loved you...and lavished you with flowers! GOOD MAN!

*here, have another cuppa....I'm nearly finished my wee talk!!!!* :)

Now, the reasons, why you feel emotional, angry and had a teeny, weeny gain? What time of day do you weigh in? Is it the same time every week?

I suspect evening weigh ins will be slighty heavier, as you've been eating throughout the day..and its still to be 'processed' through your body.
Also, i suspect totm in your case. You sound like me and get hormonal prior to totm. You were upset at the weekend, and worried, and rightly so..then you felt more relaxed a few hours later. I so relate to those feelings :)

At my nurse's appt yesterday, i mentioned how i felt last week with a sts, and emotionally what affect it had on me. She explained about weight gain or a sts at totm. The uterus and breasts are full and therefore weight does flunctuate prior, during and after totm..from ounces to lbs!!!!

The body craves sugar at that time too, so many reach for chocolate and biscuits to ease the craving, and the scales reflect that too.

Your implant will be the reason, i think, for emotional or angry moods at various times. I am not suggesting you get it removed or anything!!!!!...I just think that it may well explain your emotions etc...and as totm can be 'anytime' it also explains that teeny wee gain, when you've been so good and focused. So any future gain or sts will become more acceptable and understanding for you..and its NOT the standard result you will have every time..always remember that!

Final word, *as I help you on with your coat..which I notice is becoming too big for you* :)

We have GOT to experience the 'not so good' results..to appreciate the mind blowing wonderful results!!!! :D

My "Weigh To Go" office, slimming club and support centre is open 24 hours..no appointment needed hun, just pop in!!!!! hee hee :D

(crikey :eek:..i think this weight loss malarkey is making me lose my marbles..not just my weight!!!! :rolleyes: )

Hope all goes well with hynotherapy later, you must be so excited, can't wait to hear all about it :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
Now I'm crying again rr!! You must be a councillor???? Everything you say is right and I can not thank you enough x I have woken this morning and initially went to have hot buttered toast! The across my mind came your butter mountain quote!!

So the banana won :)! Silly isn't it half a pound and I lost the will to live let alone lose weight!!

Thank you rose once again for my steaming hot cups of tea, biscuit and comfy sofa to relax on xx

P.s you should be on salary on here!! Xx

Aww, you are very welcome hun x

thankyou for lovey, kind words...hee hee :) Good idea, I could do with some extra pennies to buy all those new clothes I'll be needing :)

So proud of you for choosing the banana hun x Step way from the buttered toast...'comfort food'..and you proved to yourself, you don't need it, you're a lovely, strong-minded woman...keep it up lovey! Have a wonderful and optimistic day ahead :)

what time is hynotherapy appt?..I'm excited for you! :)

* as she strolls away, wondering if she still has time to train as a councillor when she is the wrong side of 40????????* :) hee hee

Last edited:
6.30 tonight! It's just the initial appt where we look at cbt and go through the consultation with the surgeon! I think the hb gets fitted in week 2 or 3!!

hey hunni, first of all good luck for this evening, i hope it goes well for you!! xxx
Sorry about the half pound hun, but like othershave said its down to many factors, totm is the culprit for many peoples gains, its not fair really is it? but never mind, you might have even lost inches instead.
Glad you are feeling better today though anyway.
xxx

Well, sorry I havent posted earlier but internet been down all night and morning but we are back up and running now!!:sigh:

Last night, just as I was leaving the house for my hypno band appt the lady phoned and appologised but she had a bad case of cistitus (bad spelling) and wouldnt be able to give me 100%!!!:rolleyes: so now been rearranged for next wed eve!!!

Im ok about it tho, these things happen! I mean I habe been overwieght for 36 years nearly so one more week is fine! :D

Had a better day yesterday got over my 'toys out pram' attitude and realised I just have to get on with it!!!

Good day yesterday! Got my degree results for the last 3 modules! Well pleased passed with flying colours!!

I'm amazed at this point in my life I have decided to do a degree, 3 smallish children full time job, house to look after and oh to please!! However I am loving it, tine consuming but ever so enlightening and a right confidence builder (if you get the grades)!!

Have a great day everyone!! X

Congratulations on your grade results!..you clever woman *round of applause*...so inspired now, i might actually give a councilling training course a go now! :)

It can't be easy to achieve what you just have with such a busy lifestyle..i'm proud of you pepshouse :) :)..what is your degree in?

disappointing news about the hypno band, but as you said..another week and you'll be on the road to success :)

Have a lovely day and happy and focused weekend :)

Last edited:
Why thanks Rose x my job is a preschool supervisor so I am doing a degree in teaching and learning!! Three year course (just finished my first year) then I can go any way! Primary, secondary or early years teaching!! I quite fancy working for ofsted too!!

Defo should seriously consider counciling you are great x

oh how impressive pepshouse, well done you! I wish you a mountain of good luck achieving your goals. I was a teacher's assistant for 5 years, very satisfying job, so enjoyable working with children, especially the young age group.

Go for it pepshouse..lifestyle changes for you in every direction :)

Well done to you!!!!:talk017: feels sooo good when you pass, really pleased for you, hope you have a great big smile on your face, and now that its out the way you will be so much more relaxed for your hypno next week.:)

Oh oh oh mini panic sister has called to invite me out to lunch with the children!!!!!! Right let me count to ten slowly big deep breaths and relax!!!!

I will make the right choices, salad and low cal drink! Fingers crossed!! X

Back