Diary of a bouncing back ww'er

Wow 12 hr shift! What do you do if you
Don't mind me asking? Well done on taking your lovely food with you your doing so well xx

Looks like a good day food wise yesterday and it's good to have treats now and then ;0) I hope that long shift went well! That's good that you went in prepared :0)

charlie's~mummy said:
Wow 12 hr shift! What do you do if you
Don't mind me asking? Well done on taking your lovely food with you your doing so well xx

I work in 'Her Majesty's Pleasure'. A male prison which has approx 1300 prisoners. Can be tough at times...... xx

Your food looks absolutely gorgeous!! Fancy coming round to mine some time and cooking my dinner? lol x

lauramarlow88 said:
Your food looks absolutely gorgeous!! Fancy coming round to mine some time and cooking my dinner? lol x

Thank you :)
Where do you stay? Lol x

Hazykay said:
I work in 'Her Majesty's Pleasure'. A male prison which has approx 1300 prisoners. Can be tough at times...... xx

Sounds good! I was going to apply to work in a prison hospital once then thought against it lol xxx

bulldogdaisy said:
Wow! A pretty full on job then!

It can be. Great to work in when it's quiet, but when it's not.......eek!!

charlie's~mummy said:
Sounds good! I was going to apply to work in a prison hospital once then thought against it lol xxx

My friend was the same, thought about it but didn't put pen to paper. She has stuck to General nursing in our local Hospital, within the renal unit. Listening to her stories, life woud be easier if she had appled for nursing within the Prison Service!!

Jaly said:
Wow! Sounds like a challenging job! Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

I love it, no 2 days are the same lol. I hope the sun is shining where you are & you are having a lovey day. Take care x

Hazykay said:
My friend was the same, thought about it but didn't put pen to paper. She has stuck to General nursing in our local Hospital, within the renal unit. Listening to her stories, life woud be easier if she had appled for nursing within the Prison Service!!

I'd end up getting sacked for poisoning a patient lol I couldn't work with a peodo or rapist at least when we get them in work I can get out of it most of the time and if I can't I treat them the same as every other patient I have I just don't like it :-/ xxx

bulldogdaisy said:
Yea I bet,how long has you been working there if you don't mind me asking?

I first started in 1991 & left after I had my son in 2005. Took a break from working to concentrate on weaning, toilet training, starting school etc. and returned last year. In total, 15 1/2 years service

charlie's~mummy said:
I'd end up getting sacked for poisoning a patient lol I couldn't work with a peodo or rapist at least when we get them in work I can get out of it most of the time and if I can't I treat them the same as every other patient I have I just don't like it :-/ xxx

You've got to distance yourself & not take it personal. It's better to not know what they are in for. Some are high profile and are in for some horrendous crimes. You've got to look at them as a person & not think about what they are in for. They are there AS puishment, not TO BE punished. The difficult type of prisoner for me to deal with are child killers. As a mother myself, I do sometimes struggle with them.
Whenever they verbally abuse you, you've got to remember it's the uniform & the system they are attacking, not me personally as they don't know me or anything about me.
At the end of the day, we are human and we have to leave our personal opinions at home as once you walk into the Establishment, you have a job to do & professionalism takes over x

Had a relaxing day today. Recharged the batteries for the week ahead. Going to be a busy one!

Brunch 15pp

image-3528153689.jpg

A whacking 15 pp but I've got weeklies to use & after all, it is Sunday!

No lunch, that breakfast kept me going until dinner

Dinner 10pp

image-118748869.jpg

Pork loin 5pp
Potatoes 4pp
Garlic, chive & mushroom sauce 1pp

Snacks 34pp
1/2 bottle red wine 9pp
8 crackers 6pp
Assorted cheese 18pp
Milk for tea 1pp

Zero points left!! I enjoyed every single one lol

Last edited:
Hazykay said:
I first started in 1991 & left after I had my son in 2005. Took a break from working to concentrate on weaning, toilet training, starting school etc. and returned last year. In total, 15 1/2 years service

Wow a long time then! I take my hat off to you hun :0)

bulldogdaisy said:
Wow a long time then! I take my hat off to you hun :0)

Thank you. I know it's a job that a lot of people couldn't do, just like I couldn't be a nurse for all the money in the world!! Total respect for them

Back