Diary of a yo yo dieter!

GalwayMum

Gurgly tummy!
I thought I'd write up some goals, some of them are weight goals, some size goals, some fitness goals and some clothing size goals...

Away we go:

Weight (start 14st 6lbs on Oct 20)
- 1 stone by November 17 (4 weeks in total) Achieved November 6
- 2 stone by December 15 (8 weeks in total) Achieved December 4
- 3 stone by January 26 (14 weeks in total) Achieved January 15
- 4 stone by March 16 (20 weeks in total) ---
just in time for Paddy's Day!

Weight goals:
13st 3lbs (BMI:29.9) Overweight --- Not obese!
Date achieved: 8/11/2010 Reward: fill gel nails

12.5st (BMI 28.2) Overweight
Date achieved: 04/12/2010 Reward: 4hrs thermal spa

12st (BMI 27.1) Overweight
Date achieved: 27/12/2010 Reward: 1/2 day spa w/ 1 treatment

11.5st (BMI 26) Overweight
Date achieved: 15/01/2011 Reward: new outfit

11st (BMI 24.9) NORMAL WEIGHT
Date achieved: Reward: new shoes

10.5st (BMI 23.7) Normal
Date achieved: Reward: new bag

GOAL: 10st3lbs (BMI 23.1) Normal!
Date achieved:
Reward: trip to Berlin w/ my OH
Berlin_Mitte_by_night.jpg

Clothing size
get into 18s Date achieved: 31/10/2010
get into 16s Date achieved: 06/11/2010
get into 14s Date achieved: 04/12/2010
get into 12s Date achieved: 31/12/2010
get into 10s Date achieved:
get into 8s Date achieved:

Specific Clothing
Monsoon black pencil skirt size 16 Date achieved: 13/11/2010
Khaki shirt dress size 14 Date achieved: 08/12/2010
Gold/black crinkle dress size 12 Date achieved: 10/01/2011
Topshop tube dress size 10 Date achieved:
size 8: new buy!! very nice jeans from B&T: Date achieved:

Waist measurements: as measured by CDC 19/10/2010 41 inches!!! Yuck!
40" Date achieved: November 2
39" Date achieved: November 30
38" Date achieved:
37" Date achieved: December 10
36" Date achieved:
35" Date achieved: January 14, 2011
34" Date achieved:
33" Date achieved:
32" Date achieved:
31" Date achieved:
30" Date achieved:
29" GOAL Date achieved:

Fitness Goals
Week 1-2: no exercise
Week 2-4: walk 10 min 3x/week
Week 4-6: walk 20min 3x/week
Week 6-8: walk 30 min 3x/week
Week 8-10: walk 30min 3x/week + Aquafit 1x/week
Week 10-12: walk 30min 3x/week + Aquafit 1x/week + cardiobox 1/week
Week 13-14: walk 30min 3x/week + Aquafit 1x/week + cardiobox 1/week
Week 16-18: walk 30min 3x/week + Aquafit 1x/week + (cardiobox 1/week or Cardioparty 2x/week)
Week 18-20: walk 30min 3x/week + Aquafit 1x/week + (cardiobox 2/week or Cardioparty 2x/week)
Week 20+ (Goal): same as above

*Snip*
I will post my 'now' pic and my 'once I was thin' pic for motivation! Soon hope to add some during pictures too!

About 14st 9lbs
6232b962.jpg

Front 14st 5lbs (spring 2010)
853b2a51.jpg

My former glory (not smallest) at about 11st
8f4b22d0.jpg

My smallest face pic, about 10st 3lbs (my goal weight)
a99c26db.jpg

And finally, here's how I want others to see me and for me to see myself (again)!

0c591cc5.jpg

Sorry for my massive pics, but this is my diary ! :D

Last edited:
Hiya and welcome to the boards. Wow, I love your first post! You are so organised and motivated and I think that's brilliant! I look forward to following your weightloss journey. Stick to these boards - there are some really fantastic, motivational and inspiring people on here.
Good luck. :D

Thanks tessie

I should have said what I meant by 'serial goal achiever'

I have gotten to goal about 6/7 times and put the weight back on! From 215lbs (over 15st) down to 143.3lbs(10st 3lbs) and piled it back on!

Grrr...I'm hoping to lose the majority of it on SS and SS+ and then switch to Atkin's/SouthBeach (hi protein, veg/fruit, not a lot of fat) to maintain or lose the last bit...I also want to incorporate exercise from Week 3 onwards.

My weigh in w/ CDC is on Tuesdays but I weigh everyday myself as I like to weigh in the morning and I go to her in the afternoons.

So far,over 6lbs lost and this is day 5! Not too shabby!!

wow - you are gorgeous!
We have similar goals and starting weights..would love to follow your story. How inspiring.
I love dermabrasion, I have Crystal Clear and its the best treatment a girl can give her face for £25!

wow - you are gorgeous!
We have similar goals and starting weights..would love to follow your story. How inspiring.
I love dermabrasion, I have Crystal Clear and its the best treatment a girl can give her face for £25!

£25 is so cheap! It's more like €90 here! Another reason why Ireland is known as The Rip-Off Republic! I love the feeling of my skin after dermabrasion. Feels as smooth as a baby's arse!

Great stuff, rumbly-tums! I am always interested in people who have a start weight the same as mine! And you're a week in like me...great! I'll definitely bookmark your diary and check it regularly.

I know I shouldn't put up pics of what I used to look like, but it is inspiring to me, moreso than my NOW pictures, which really make me feel quite despondent!

Thanks for stopping by! You can def notice a week's difference in your pics!

Wow ! Love that dress ! It will really suit your colouring too.
What is involved in the dermabrasion ? I am looking for rewards as I hit goals and could do with a bit of physical maintenance !
Good luck and stay strong xxx

What is involved in the dermabrasion ? I am looking for rewards as I hit goals and could do with a bit of physical maintenance !

Its a treatment for the face where they blast off the top layers of your skin and it exfoliates and smooths the lines and texture. It does not hurt as the particles are ultrafine. But you face afterwards feel slike you have just been born! Its totally worth it x

I would highly recommend the dermabrasion. It gives you a fresh palette to start a good skin cleansing, toning and moisturising routine. Not that I did that myself! :) But I will this time.

I love beauty treatments so they work for me as rewards, because I don't really need new clothes because, as you can see, I've been every size from 10-20!! :)

BE WARNED: BLABBERING AHEAD...

So, I was thinking...I started CD 100%SS on Wednesday 20/10. I was absent from school (am a teacher) the Thurs and Fri 21/22 and then from tomorrow we have a week of midterm hols. Which means, by the time I go back to work on Mon it'll be 12 days since I was last at work.

If you've ever worked in a school, you'll know there are some nosey nosey nellies working there. We have about 60 tchrs and staff and only about 10 are male so that's 50 women looking you up and down every day!

I'm thinking of what to say to them if they ask "Have you lost weight?"
I'm thinking I might just say, "No." until I can no longer get away with that excuse and as another CDer said on here, not wearing really fitting clothes for a while so as not to accentuate the loss. I'd prefer to tell no one until I absolutely have to...

Most of them have seen huge gains/losses and it's kind of like a hobby to decide if I'm on a downward or upwards trend. I'd prefer to be private. I think I might actually just play the really offended role and give them a sharp fairly nasty reaction if they get too inquisitive.

So, I'm thinking of two women in particular...

A: Have you lost weight?
Me: No. Why do you ask?
A: You look smaller.
Me: Looks can be deceiving!

These same two have to have a comment about what everyone is eating, wearing, how they wear their hair, what their new shoes/boots are like, etc.. They take a particular interest in me because of my constant changing!!

Any suggestions to what to say to them when they start on me?

first of all, its none of the flaming business! But I know what women can be like in that environment.

Because I have yo-yo'd since I was 25 years old I dont tell people Im dieting cos when I have, Ive only put it back on again. If they notice, they notice but if they dont' I just get on with my life.

On this diet I just say that ive cut a few things out of my life and that Im just upping my protein (CD is high protein so you are not lying). Nobody need know Im doing CD becuase of the constant jibes that comes with it. Just remember that you will have the last laugh xx

I definitely have learned my lesson (after about 6 big losses/gains) that this time I will hide my 'light' under a bushel!
I will say nothing and if asked, feign disinterest. A great suggestion by a person on another board:
"Have you lost weight?"
"I don't know. I haven't weighed myself recently. I don't obsess about it."
As this person suggests, this implies that they *do* obsess over mine and their own weights but it's also not rude!

Result!

I definitely have learned my lesson (after about 6 big losses/gains) that this time I will hide my 'light' under a bushel!
I will say nothing and if asked, feign disinterest. A great suggestion by a person on another board:
"Have you lost weight?"
"I don't know. I haven't weighed myself recently. I don't obsess about it."
As this person suggests, this implies that they *do* obsess over mine and their own weights but it's also not rude!

Result!

You know I amnot telling anybody nuffin.End of. When they ask I am going to say either 'none of your business' or 'I do not wish to talk about my body with you'.Either way I am not talking. I actually find the comments intrusive and I do not want the praise or the 'how are you doing it?' questions. I am not a spectacle .

Its a treatment for the face where they blast off the top layers of your skin and it exfoliates and smooths the lines and texture. It does not hurt as the particles are ultrafine. But you face afterwards feel slike you have just been born! Its totally worth it x

does it really work?And does it do anything for patchy greyness in the skin, my skin needs TLC, its soo ashy in places :sigh:

BE WARNED: BLABBERING AHEAD...

So, I was thinking...I started CD 100%SS on Wednesday 20/10. I was absent from school (am a teacher) the Thurs and Fri 21/22 and then from tomorrow we have a week of midterm hols. Which means, by the time I go back to work on Mon it'll be 12 days since I was last at work.

If you've ever worked in a school, you'll know there are some nosey nosey nellies working there. We have about 60 tchrs and staff and only about 10 are male so that's 50 women looking you up and down every day!

I'm thinking of what to say to them if they ask "Have you lost weight?"
I'm thinking I might just say, "No." until I can no longer get away with that excuse and as another CDer said on here, not wearing really fitting clothes for a while so as not to accentuate the loss. I'd prefer to tell no one until I absolutely have to...

Most of them have seen huge gains/losses and it's kind of like a hobby to decide if I'm on a downward or upwards trend. I'd prefer to be private. I think I might actually just play the really offended role and give them a sharp fairly nasty reaction if they get too inquisitive.

So, I'm thinking of two women in particular...

A: Have you lost weight?
Me: No. Why do you ask?
A: You look smaller.
Me: Looks can be deceiving!

These same two have to have a comment about what everyone is eating, wearing, how they wear their hair, what their new shoes/boots are like, etc.. They take a particular interest in me because of my constant changing!!

Any suggestions to what to say to them when they start on me?
Good morning GM i am also a school teacher with half term off myself im so chuffed i have a whole 7 days to get back on this diet ive been away for a hen weekend in Brighton 22 girls on the town, glad i went for my friend and glad im back at home drinking my shake again.
and yes ppl are nosey at work i have started to stay in my classroom for lunch times so far so good nobody knows im having my shakes and bars. In my early stages of loosing the weight all i said was ive started the gym which was a lie cuz i started the gym when i got to my goal weight in May this year. i lost 4 stones already but have regained a stone from the 6 weeks hoildays, so back to loose the gain. Nobody at school knows ive been on CD and that's the way im keeping it for every.!! lol
Good luck with your weightloss you can do this.!! x

Thanks so much shanny and belle for posting in my diary! I think I will go for the idea re: having the shake in my room, good idea. I'm going to get a hand blender today and I can do it in my room, pack it up and wash it daily at home. A much better idea!

I think the reason why so many people think commenting on how I look and my weight is fair game is because *I've* talked about before and opened it as a subject. Those days are over, belle, and I'm getting an attitude like yours.

Anyone who comments, even my closest friends will get an icy response than will ensure they don't ask again!!

I'm stressed/cross/frustrated with my husband and what I'd love to do is go to the garage and buy 5/6 bars and stuff them down my neck but I won't. I'll be stronger and fight the urge by taking a nice hot LONG shower and getting ready to go into town with the family tho at the moment, I can't bear the sight of him!!

Back