Diet coke..

laurenmay

Gold Member
Lately I've been drinking quite a fair amount of diet coke, I'd say probably 3-4 cans a day so over a litre... I drink water too, in coffee and bottled waters, but diet coke sometimes fills me up and stops me reaching for junk food & makes me feel like I'm having something naughty so I don't want anything else!

Do many of you drink diet soda drinks -- and do you find it hinders your weight loss at all?

A know a couple of people that drink a lot of diet coke and I drink a lot of Pepsi max. I know 2 of them lost more when cutting out the fizzy drinks but it could have been coincidence and unfortunately I'm not yet able to force myself to go without Pepsi max completely but I have cut down. Why not cut it out your diet for a week and see what happens? x

Put a dirty penny into a glass of coke, leave it there a couple of minutes and see what happens to it. Really is quite remarkable....

I used to be a diet coke junkie and drank ridiculous amount, since ive been off it Im less bloated and thinking clearly, feel so much better

It's the work of the devil and full of crap. Also extremely bad for you and stimulates appetite.

All the above doesn't stop me having a coke zero can once a week or so.

I recently read a Dukan Diet book and the author says to drink diet drinks because of the aspartame in it! I usually avoid aspartame because it's not supposed to be good for you. But according to Dukan aspartame helps with diets and does stop you reaching for the junk food. I try to drink mostly water through the day but I have a diet coke with my evening meal.

Normally drink about 1 litre of normal coke per day, I cant help it, its too nice, I tried to give up so many times because your pouring crap into you. But no other drink tastes the same, my weight loss would have been far more efficient if it wasnt for this stuff.

Fortunately if I want to lose a bit of weight for an event, I switch to diet coke for a couple of weeks and it really helps because it allows me to lose a decent amount very quickly. After the event I go back to normal coke.

Unfortunately drinking so much normal coke means you could easily put weight on quickly so I made sure I'm playing enough sports during the week to keep the balance.

Im addicted to coke zero and dr pepper zero. If i stop drinking them i have severe head aches and stuck in bed for a few days, just shows how bad they are for you! I cant help but drink them though :(

I used to drink loads of diet coke a couple of years ago, then my mother gave me a huuuge lecture about how bad it was for me so I ended up cutting down & then stopping completely and switched to flavoured still water...

But I've recently had 3 weeks off work, and in that time started drinking diet coke again and I'm hooked again! I agree it's real bad stuff & nasty for us, but it helps keep me sane and I know if I can have a can of diet coke a day then it'll stop me reaching for a chocolate bar instead!

But I do make sure water is my first choice, and I'm not allowed ANY diet coke unless I've drunk at least 1.5 litres of water over the day.

The diet drinks are even worse than the ones full of sugar as they're loaded with aspartame. Your body thinks you're having sugar when you're not so you later crave it.

I know of someone who didn't drink any fizzy drinks for a whole week and she lost 10lbs. I used to be a coke junkie (the drink kind) and now I rarely drink it, and when I do, it bloats me and I feel sick.

I've given up fizzy drinks and feel better for it - there's no doubt they're bad for you, whether or not they cause weight problems.

I would love to give it up, but I've got a bigger fight on my hands with the weight. I can't fight two demons at once, I just don't have the strength!

I try not to drink more than a small glass of pepsi max every day. Its really bad for your teeth, as someone said about the penny before, think of what it can be doing to your insides!

Ive become a fan of Soda water with a massive chunk of lemon in it

I try not to drink more than a small glass of pepsi max every day. Its really bad for your teeth, as someone said about the penny before, think of what it can be doing to your insides!

Ive become a fan of Soda water with a massive chunk of lemon in it

I must give this a go!

I'm trying to drink herbal tea & green tea instead of Diet Coke which seems to be doing me well. Not sure about any weight loss but my skin is definitely better.

The problem with diet fizzy drinks is that you think you can get away with drinking more because of the low calorie content. The truth is it's not the calories in the drink that are harmful.
Carbonated water
Artificial coloring
Phosphoric acid
Potassium benzoate
Citric acid
While your liver is dealing with these it cant metabolise fat. Two or more sodas a day (diet or not) and you are increasing your waist size up to six times greater than those who don't drink it.

If you get frequent headaches and drink fizzy daily, try cutting it for a week and see how better your head is after 7 days once your liver has cleared your system.

I used to drink a lot and wouldn't drink it if you paid me now and i wont let my kids drink it either.

I'm honestly shocked how bad diet coke etc is, I drink probably about 6ltrs a week and I'm starting to realise just how bad it is. As of tomorrow, I'll be going cold turkey so to speak......... x

Day 2 without any fizzy pop and I'm not even craving it, I thought I'd be going crazy by now, I hope it makes a difference to my weight x

Back