Diet coke..

I found that diet sodas gave me the munchies like an hour or so after drinking them. Even if Id had a huge dinner etc!

I switched to sparkling water and fruit juice and its just as yum and i feel so much better for it

Coming from a 48 can a week coke zero junky!

Since one can of soda per day will add up to more than 5 pounds per year, it stands to reason that eliminating those extraneous calories will equal some form of weight loss. Yes, it will. And, by switching to the diet, calorie free version of Diet Coke, you get your soda without the weight gain. Recently though, Diet Coke has been speculated to be as harmful to your body as the calorie packed version; because of artificial sweeteners, and the carbonation of the water contributing to disruption in the body.

Oh God, I'm addicted to diet coke - or should I say tesco's diet cola (just as nice - really - and only 57p for 2 litres). i drink about 2 litres a day. I know it's really not good for me but I've kicked a 40 a day cigarette habit and kicked the booze, ditched the junk food and lost weight and now coke is my only vice. Maybe I'll give it up one day - when I'm a bit stronger...

Mm soda water! I love it - also if you're going out for a night out soda water and lime (only a dash) is a good diet drink if you want to avoid coke- it's also dirt cheap!

I don't drink it very often at all - only if I'm really thirsty and there is nothing else in the house.

I don't like cola, but I could't survive without sugar free lemonade. I hate water on it's own.

I love diet coke :) also sugar free relentless energy drink..... I know they are both bad just can't help having them!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lifes to short not to enjoy the odd pepsi max in my opinion! Im not a pepsi junkie but i do a big glass with ice and a slice :)

Do love*

I have a coke zero every now and again but I'm not a regular drinker of it. At the end of the day, if we cut out everything we are told is bad for us, life wouldn't be worth living. A little of what you fancy isn't going to hurt in the long run and better to have a small lapse now and again, than go and binge and drop off the diet altogether

I have one of those mini mixer cans most afternoons at work at about 3/4pm to get me through the last part of the afternoon, just for a little lift and focus! it works a treat. That and listening to some tunes on my headphones!
:party0023:

Not a be fizz person but I do sometimes grab one as it suppresses my appetite. I like when I have a sugar craving it makes me want to eat like crazy so a can of diet fizz fixes this for me

joselin86 said:
Diet coke and pepsi has almost no calories, how could it be bad for your healt?

Because most of the ingredients are chemicals that provide no nutrition for your body? Asparteme has been linked to depression as an example. Google it. There is plenty of research out there demonstrating that most fizzy drinks can adversely affect your health, particularly consumed in excess. I think it's a personal choice, but I prefer to avoid them since I know that water IS good for my body.

And calorie count doesn't mean something is healthy/unhealthy. Nuts are very calorie dense but are also excellent sources of protein and fibre.

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I have not read the replies here, just the original question - and YES, diet drinks most certainly do impact weight loss!

I have tested it myself personally on three seperate occasions. And without a doubt I lose a lot more when I cut them out totally. I now stick to sparkling water, milk, and herbal tea.

Diet Cokes absolutely have negative effect on weight loss. Diet coke makes your kidneys produce more urine which dehydrates the body, makes it a lot more difficult for the liver to break down fat cells. You will feel tired, less energetic and yet you won't lose the fat.

Taking one every once in a while should not be a problem however you drinking diet coke daily during a diet (or at any time) is not a good idea.

Back