Dilemma.. help

MrsEdz

Silver Member
One of the mum's in my son's class has very kindly asked if he & I want to go swimming with them (her her OH & her son) after school as they have guest passes for their sports club.

My son loves swimming and the club is lovely and he and the other boy are good friends..

now the dilemma.... totally selfish I know but....

I don't want to have to wear a swimming costume in front of these two slim people..:cry::cry::cry:

am I being really shallow?:(

Part of me wants to run a mile but that's not fair on DS.

What would you do?

Sx

I would go...

If you don't you will feel guilty for yourself

then your son

Then think oh what was the fuss about... they will have their own hang ups too that they will be worrying about.

It is only getting from the changing room to the water....

Go for it... liberate yourself and it will be great for you too!!!

Do hope that you go

Just think of it as exercise!! Just concentrate on playing with your Son, rather than thinking that people are looking at you.
Do you really want your Son to miss out with his mates?
K
xx

Thanks, I know it would be really mean of me not to go but it's the thought of donning a swimming costume and wearing it in........public! :eek:

I will go though... I promise.

:8855::8855::8855: We want photos as proof...:8855::8855: only joking... you will have a great time once you are in there... see his little face light up as he swims around and I bet he wants to prove to his mum how well he can swim which will make him and you feel so proud.

Have fun!

I'd go too hun, however, I can understand why you don't want to, could you just go and watch from the side for the first week, then get in with them the next week?

I hated the thought of going but I loved it when I got there xxx

Make sure you do missus!! U will be fine when u ther and I know there will be some shocking sights there n U wont be 1 of em :)

I'm going , I'm going already!!! ;)

You are all right of course... at least I'm a stone lighter than I would have been if they'd asked me in September! :D

i know what you mean, i always feel inferior and im not even overweight anymore. i just got back from holiday and there were some really big people round the pools in bikinis, one girl in particular looked absolutly fab she just oozed confidence and even though she was a hell of a lot bigger than me i was jealous of her as well!!

you can let your weight control your life or you can live each day to the full

I now weigh 19st 2.5lbs and I am perfectly fine with letting it all hang out (I dont do bikini's though. That would just be rude). If people have got nothing better to do than stare at my fat ass, then they really need to find a life!

You know that your doing all you can to lose weight, so dont be embarassed. I always used to say to my hubby if I looked fat in things and he would say, no amount of clothing is going to disguise the fact that your big, so just wear what you feel happy and comfy in. So what I am trying to say is that your friends know what size you are, and I bet they wont blink a eye just because you are in a cossie!

Hope that came out right?

this is one of the reasons why i want to lose weight. i had a massive strop on hols in june about going swimming with my kids and hubby - just couldnt bring myself to get into the costume but sooooooo wanted to take my baby girl swimming for the first time. i cried and stroped and cried like my 2 year old! But i did it for the kids - we had a great time. i made my husband bring my towel right up to the pool so i could hide asap when i got out but i did it.

so i really feel for you.

But realisticaly noone will be looking at you everyone will be too busy doing their own thing and worrying about their own bums to look at yours!

well done for being brave and going - that change in attitude is what will help you reach goal.

roll on the day when our first thought about going swimming is - ahhhh my legs need shaving not ahhhhh my bums too big!!!! we will get there!!

this is one of the reasons why i want to lose weight. i had a massive strop on hols in june about going swimming with my kids and hubby - just couldnt bring myself to get into the costume but sooooooo wanted to take my baby girl swimming for the first time. i cried and stroped and cried like my 2 year old! But i did it for the kids - we had a great time. i made my husband bring my towel right up to the pool so i could hide asap when i got out but i did it.

so i really feel for you.

But realisticaly noone will be looking at you everyone will be too busy doing their own thing and worrying about their own bums to look at yours!

well done for being brave and going - that change in attitude is what will help you reach goal.

roll on the day when our first thought about going swimming is - ahhhh my legs need shaving not ahhhhh my bums too big!!!! we will get there!!

Thanks, I know what you mean..

I always cry off when OH takes our son swimming, didn't go with them on holiday but am going today.. although the thought does make me feel slightly sick!

One of the people I'm going with has just had the all clear from a cancer scare so I am sure that she has better things on her mind than , my god look at the size of her!

I have told me to get over myself, shave those legs and dig out that cossie!

Sx

Am now wearing said cossie (under my clothes don't panic!) legs & pitts are fuzz free, re-painted my toenails (one now stuck to my sock! :rolleyes:).. you'd think I was going on a date !

the aforementioned mum just rang to say that if they look shattered, as they have been on a field trip today, we can take a raincheck.. sheesh... I'm all geared up now!! :p

Bloomin typical after you decided to get ready!!! I would do as Wonder suggested and go anyway, you'll be pleased that you did!

Back