Do you notice your weightloss??

Daveypefc

Hello all

I'm new to the forum so go easy, I've have been doing soul source for 10 weeks now, and have lost almost 5 stone, which is truly amazing for me.

The only thing for me is, though everyone I speak to notices my dramatic weight loss, when I look in a mirror I don't notice it, does anyone else have this problem??

P.s its great reading everyone elses success on here it's a real booster

Hi and welcome and well done!!

It's a common issue Davey and we have to work hard to overcome. I think half the problem is that even when we were bigger we had an image in our head of how we looked that didn't relate to reality. We've had a distorted view of how we looked for so long that it's hard to shake that no matter what size our actual body.

But IMHO I do think it is something you have to work hard to address or else there is a risk of ending up with body dysmorphia (like when anorexics think they are fat even though they are wearing children's clothes). How to do that is the problem...... I remember always feeling much bigger than a friend a few years back who I thought had a lovely figure...and then one day she persuaded me to try on a pair of her jeans and although they were a bit tight in the waist they actually fit me and were a better fit on me through the hip that her. I was really shocked as I never "saw" myself as being a similar size as her.

can sometimes take the head a while to catch up

i look in the mirror and think im bigger than ever but i know that cant be right

so i put my before pic next to my now pic so my head can see what reality is

First of all welcome and well done on your weight loss , fabulous achievement :)

I am exactly the same , I have lost 7.5 stone now and still 'fell' the same as I did before !! I am far more critical of myself now as before i used to avoid mirrors at all costs and also knew I looked fat in everything so took no notice of what I wore , but now I am always critising myself and always think I look fat ... but I still get huge shocks when I catch sight of myself in shop windows etc ... think it just takes a while for the mind to catch up with the body !!!

i'm the same. i see my faults, not how much i've lost. i see my bulges rather than my thinner self. it's crazy.

It's odd CD don't have some guidance/advice about this side of things... or do they and we just haven't discovered it?

Cheers everyone, its nice that I'm not the only one, I do think it's a case of it takes the mind a bit longer to catch up, its just amazing that I truly don't notice, it's always frustrating aswell because people think it's attention seeking when you say I don't feel any different, as if I'm fishing for compliments?

But well done to everybody, as I'm still a 100% ss after ten weeks which I hope i don't rebound and put the weight back on because I won't be able todo this again haha

Back