due dates, and weight gain

Hi ladies, introducing Ava grace born Thursday 2nd august ,@ 11.38am weighing 6lb 15ounches
I'm not weighing myself for a couple of weeks but am keeping to plan :) hope everyone is well

image-1295721885.jpg

Ava grace

Wow hun she's beautiful. Congratulations! I hope everything went well, how you feeling? x

Aww thanks ladies I'm coping really well am up and about but still sore keeping on top of my pain killers :)

I feel a bit ashamed to publish in "pregnancy without the pounds" counting that at just 17 weeks pregnant I have put on 1 stone and 3 lbs already... and the sad thing is that I put the most in a single week's holiday in Italy, in an all inclusive paid by my dad... unfortunately there were 2 factors that caused the weight gain, or better, 3 factors. 1) my father was THERE with us and was accounting for every piece of bread saying "I PAID FOR THIS!!!! You EAT it!" 2) the people from the hotel liked to really give value for money... they stuffed us like pigs... 3) the chef at the hotel was REALLY REALLY REALLY good...

luckily I'm losing a bit now, although getting close to 20 weeks, I feel as if the days of losing weight are over... my belly becomes bigger every day... oh well, I'll need to work harder after the birth to lose the weight...

I feel a bit ashamed to publish in "pregnancy without the pounds" counting that at just 17 weeks pregnant I have put on 1 stone and 3 lbs already... and the sad thing is that I put the most in a single week's holiday in Italy, in an all inclusive paid by my dad... unfortunately there were 2 factors that caused the weight gain, or better, 3 factors. 1) my father was THERE with us and was accounting for every piece of bread saying "I PAID FOR THIS!!!! You EAT it!" 2) the people from the hotel liked to really give value for money... they stuffed us like pigs... 3) the chef at the hotel was REALLY REALLY REALLY good...

luckily I'm losing a bit now, although getting close to 20 weeks, I feel as if the days of losing weight are over... my belly becomes bigger every day... oh well, I'll need to work harder after the birth to lose the weight...

Thats what happened to me last time I was pregnant, I went on an all inclusive holiday to tunisia for 2 weeks and came back really big. I wouldnt stress about it, I'm sure you will maintain from now and also it will be good for your baby x

4lb gain for me this week. I've just lost interest in cal counting and have been going right off track. This week wont be good either as its last week at work and I'm going out for lunch twice and the last day will be full of cakes and treats. Never mind. So thats 19lb gain at 36 weeks x

Thats what happened to me last time I was pregnant, I went on an all inclusive holiday to tunisia for 2 weeks and came back really big. I wouldnt stress about it, I'm sure you will maintain from now and also it will be good for your baby x

thanks Fordg, I hope you're right... I need to maintain at least until September the 5th, when I'm going to Italy again... -_-; I'm following this chart: http://www.indiacurry.com/women/pregcalc.htm. Ideally, I would love to maintain this weight up to the 18th of October because this would keep my weight gain to the minimum, but if I was able to keep it up to the 4th of October, or at least up to September the 13th (but I don't see this happening because of the week in Italy!) it wouldn't be too bad and I should be back on track at least to get to the maximum weight gain of 35 lbs!:angel09:

Last edited:
Hi all just weighed in for the first time since having Ava and I'm at a loss of 1stone 3 lb making me 3 lb lighter than before I got pregnant x

Fordg said:
1lb loss for me this week so thats 18lb gain at 37 weeks x

That's fab. Your doing really well with your weight hun. Anyday now baby could make an appearance. Which hospital are you having baby at? x

South Tyneside hospital, I hope he comes early now altho I was over with my last so doubtful. Ive been getting a few twinges so hopefully all heading in the right direction. How you getting on with two? You more tired than last time? X

Fordg said:
South Tyneside hospital, I hope he comes early now altho I was over with my last so doubtful. Ive been getting a few twinges so hopefully all heading in the right direction. How you getting on with two? You more tired than last time? X

I seem to be getting on really well, getting into a routine. I don't think I'm less tired, but I'm definitely more busier. Jack sleeps all night 10-12 hours so I'm not up with him and Naomi sleeps through 6-8 hours a night nearly every night and she has done for about 6 weeks so I'm really lucky. Takes me forever to get out the house some days cop by time you get them both sorted the other needs something lol but I'll get the hang of it.
Hopefully we'll be seeing you on the yummy mummy thread soon :) x

Back