DUKAN DIARY - getting back to those size 10s (fingers crossed)

Well last of the dreaded nights looms... been doing them for over ten years and still dread them :(. Anyway tomorrow I will be back from living on the dark side and can rejoin the real world.I've kind of slipped out of a regular PP/PV pattern with being up all night. Stuck with the protein foods list but added the veggies in that I fancied alongside. I know this isn't what I should be doing on the diet but felt like my body was craving and missing the veggies so much that it just wasn't natural. Anyway it seems to be working just fine for me like this. Feel better and still losing so smiles all round ;)

ditto: if it ain't broke... :cool:

Thanks girls! 3 inches off my waist since I started. Clothes are fitting. To be honest I think I'm pretty content to maintain at this weight. I feel better about myself and have had lots of comments over the past week. One of my work friends reminded me that I was actually 10st 4lb just before I started this so that's a loss of nearly a stone. Wow! Anyway I'm going to stick with what I've been doing but happy as long as the scales don't show a gain :D

Last edited:
Well done on losing those inches! It's such a great feeling when you can fit into all of your old clothes again, and makes it much more fun when you go out clothes shopping :D

Well done on losing those inches! It's such a great feeling when you can fit into all of your old clothes again, and makes it much more fun when you go out clothes shopping :D
You should know! You're doing so well with those jeans! x

Been a few days since I updated my thread. Nothing to report since the weekend really. Think the indulgences have made the weight loss (so far this week) non existent. I have been a very good girl since Saturday though and the pudding was worth the stasis :eek:.

So it's onwards.... still got another 4 days until I weigh in again. Will be happy with a one pound loss this week.

Roll on Sunday. I've done enough working already this week. Too many extra shifts. Absolutely exhausted.

arrgghh dont make sunday roll round faster please i work weekends!! grr monday will be fine no work then! altho i will say i eat a lot less when i am at work. no idea why it should be torture seen as i work in a shop surrounded by sweets and chocolate!!

If it's any consolation Charly Sunday is my only day off this and next week. Tomorrow will be my 6th shift in a row this week then 1 day off and back for another 4 (unless the NHS has another crisis and needs me to work more shifts after that! I knew I should had done accountancy or something sensible for a job instead!

After a lot of thought I've decided to make a move to Primal/Paleo. Used it last year as a short term measure to get some weight off before my holiday and it worked beautifully. I think I'll find it much easier to stick with, more enjoyable and kinder on my bowels :sick0019:

Hi .. Sorry to butt in but What type of breakfast food do you eat on paleo.??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Usually bacon or wheat free sausages (black farmer or jimmys from tesco are good), eggs, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fruit (usually have blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in with the fruit), and spinach (greens are really important).

This is making me hungry. Mmmmm breakfast.

greeneyedhippychick said:
Usually bacon or wheat free sausages (black farmer or jimmys from tesco are good), eggs, mushrooms, fried tomatoes, fruit (usually have blueberries, strawberries or raspberries in with the fruit), and spinach (greens are really important).

This is making me hungry. Mmmmm breakfast.

Thanks for that :) iv been calorie counting but trying to watch my refined carbs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

booo :wave_cry: we'll miss you, greeneyed!

good luck on the new diet and if it's worked for you before, i'm sure it will work again. sorry to hear about the dukan effects.

come back and visit and share your results!

Good luck on your new diet......ive never herd of it before....x

Awww. Thanks guys. Feel like I'm deserting you but I'm not really. Will still be here checking up on you all!

Primal/Paleo isn't really a diet as such, just a different approach to what we should be eating to optimise our health. I think it's a philosophy that I can embrace wholeheartedly and hopefully stick with long term.

ahh not deserted your just changing sides lol!! i haven't heard of this diet before. i'm not going to research it tho as i dont want to be tempted away lol. good luck!! let us know the results!!

my son made me laugh (he's 8) he said
you know you lose a lot of weight at the beginning of a new diet?
yes i said
well then why dont you do lots of different diets but only a week of them all then you will be really skinny

what a shame it dosent work like that i thought lol

After a lot of thought I've decided to make a move to Primal/Paleo. Used it last year as a short term measure to get some weight off before my holiday and it worked beautifully. I think I'll find it much easier to stick with, more enjoyable and kinder on my bowels :sick0019:

If your bowels are happy, then you're happy!! :D

Good luck

P xx

I'm cracking up at that bowel smiley lol!

Too funny :8855:

Back