• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Dukan Friendly Cottage Pie

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Absolutely re cauli... I've done it myself...

(and you can use courguette to make tagliatelle strips - just use a peeler to peel off the green outer layer, and keep going! Excellent as spaghetti substitute... you'd hardly know!)

Jo would you cook it as you would pasta? I don't like corguettes but maybe done like this I could cope with it, I am thinking of making a bolognese type dish with extra lean mince, tinned tomatoes, plenty garlic and onion and oregano and basil, I love the thought of having tagliatelle with it

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
To be honest Kay, because the French person who gave me the recipe told me to simply plop the tagliatelle strips of raw courguette into a microwaveable dish --> 3 mins... I've always done that. I'm sure they'd cook in the tomato sauce otherwise.

My other half didn't realise the first time it was courguette - he hates courguettes too!

sorry to sound so thick but just 'plopping' into a microwavable dish as you put it LOL, do you mean with water? I know I sound thick sorry but courguettes isn't something I know a lot about

m-mouse

Not very good at this!
I made cottage pie this week with a cauli/squash topping - delicious.
Re pasta I hahve a gadget called a spirali and it produces spaghetti looking strands of vegetable e.g squash - they are good with pasta sauce.