Dukan Friendly Cottage Pie

Kay Knight

I just made a cottage pie for tonights dinner using extra lean minced beef, onions, garlic, mushrooms and a tin of tomatoes and instead of the mashed potato on top I put mashed swede and carrot mmmmmmm Only on p v obviously;)

Absolutely re cauli... I've done it myself...

(and you can use courguette to make tagliatelle strips - just use a peeler to peel off the green outer layer, and keep going! Excellent as spaghetti substitute... you'd hardly know!)

Jo would you cook it as you would pasta? I don't like corguettes but maybe done like this I could cope with it, I am thinking of making a bolognese type dish with extra lean mince, tinned tomatoes, plenty garlic and onion and oregano and basil, I love the thought of having tagliatelle with it

To be honest Kay, because the French person who gave me the recipe told me to simply plop the tagliatelle strips of raw courguette into a microwaveable dish --> 3 mins... I've always done that. I'm sure they'd cook in the tomato sauce otherwise.

My other half didn't realise the first time it was courguette - he hates courguettes too!

sorry to sound so thick but just 'plopping' into a microwavable dish as you put it LOL, do you mean with water? I know I sound thick sorry but courguettes isn't something I know a lot about

I made cottage pie this week with a cauli/squash topping - delicious.
Re pasta I hahve a gadget called a spirali and it produces spaghetti looking strands of vegetable e.g squash - they are good with pasta sauce.

Back