ellies dukan diary the next step Cruise

ive no idea... can only try it and see lol

Okay will be the guinea pig with the quark and let you know!!! LOL - there will be a reason not to use it and I will culture a monster!!! LOL! x

sunday 21st january PP
B- oatbran porridge
L- turkey & a portion of strawberry mousse
D- Cajun chicken & cottage cheese

BRRRR its a freezing cold wind today, Horses are all out and im waiting on my neighbour delivering my straw, he said monday or tuesday so ill hang off before mucking out incase i need to skip out to save bedding otherwise the mucky sods will have nothing left to lie on if he waits till tommorrow.
have spent the morning chopping rhubarb and freezing it in portions, had some today with a gallette & yoghurt yummmm oh how ive missed it LOL will go out shortly and find a spot in the garden to plant my 2 rhubarb plants. need to also phone up a company to nsee out getting my poly tunnel repaired as its taken a bit oif a battering in the high winds :(

I really miss the polytunnel I had living on Lewis, they are great aren't they (although not in high winds!). I am still very envious of your rayburn - I even ordered a catalogue just so that I could look at them and sigh wistfully!! Wonder if I ask Santa very nicely...

monday 23rd january PV
B- cinnamon gallette, rhubarb & greek yoghurt
L- prawn salad with garlic ginger & chilli marinade
D- beef casserole, swede & carrot mash
s- ham, sf jelly, strawberry mousse

Chilly biting wind and cold here too Ellie - just cannot get warm wearing 2 fleeces & a sweater, socks so im going to bed soon in hopes I'll get warmer

Okay will be the guinea pig with the quark and let you know!!! LOL - there will be a reason not to use it and I will culture a monster!!! LOL! x

Hi Ellie & Trudy,

I decided to have a go at the mousse at it looked lovely in your photo, Ellie.
But as I didn't have any fromage frais I used 1/2 a pot of quark and about 300ml of nat yogurt.
Result......absolutely yummy but more like blancmange than mousse!

Like the sound of the strawberry mousse & def going to try that. Finally cracked the muffin recipe after getting a silicone mould - how do you do the carrot cake ones?

With the rhubarb, do you freeze it raw or cooked? I planted some in the autumn, and I can just see its tiny tops coming through. Not supposed to cut it in the first year apparently so as to strengthen the crown, but the way things grow in my garden - wild- it'll get out of hand if I don't hack bits off every now and again.

you freeze it raw. for the carrot cake muffins i used the chocolate orange duffins recipe, but adjusted it slightly to make 2 days worth, took out the cocoa & orange and added 1/2 or 1tbsp mixed spice & stirred in a grated carrot before putting it in the moulds. I think i wrote that in the recipe section for dontwanttobefatat50 :) you can also add 100gm of stewed rhubarb & cinnamon for another option.

the strawberry mousse i gorgeous... made the mistake of letting hubby taste it so i can see my stash in the fridge disapeering LOL

tuesday 24th january PP
B- 1 scrambled egg & a few slices of ham
L- savoury gallette , extra light philly & smoked salmon
D- smoked haddock, prawns & mussells
S- sf jelly & strawberry mousse

Thx! I'm experimenting with flavours in the muffins at the moment, so that's useful. Will give it a go.

But I can see where my strawberry mousses will go - OH is now (sort of!) doing Dukan, so he'll leap at the pudding options, lol!

LOL thankfully my last mousse is still in the fridge .... ill kill him if he steals it :p

the mousse is yum and defo a replacement for those damn quality street LOL ....will have to get more fromage frais when im out tommorrow, may try a blackcurrant one :D

Just made the strawberry mousse with the quark - just in the fridge now - made it in the office so now it smells like a sweet shop - I need this dessert at the mo!!! x

let us know how it turns out with the quark .... thats if i can get any round here as its not been in any of the supermarkets this week :(

Yum, yum double yum - Ellie - GREAT dessert and I made it in pretty ramekins too so they look really professional - I building up quite a dinner party menu these days!!! LOL x

hehe i just used old greek yoghurt tubs

Back