Em's diary

I saw the smoked chicken on the waitrose website -it's flavoured with juniper and something else. might give it a go as a treat.

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Rest of roasted red pepper beef & peppered smoked mackerel
D: Fillet steak & salmon fillet
S: Rest of galette

Edit: I've put all of this into my fitness pal as I was interested to know what it would come out at and apparently today I've had 1049 calories.

Last edited:
It's easy to smoke your own - I used an AWT recipe - can't find it now though.

So, while we don't (officially) count calories on Dukan, it's good to see where you're at... particularly as Conso approaches where the calorie hike is necessarily important. I'd try to lift it a tad DD... Breakfast looks a little ilght?

I have to admit it was a bit of a pain putting everything in so I won't be doing it every day, but yes - interesting to see. I get your point re breakfast but I don't usually have it till about 10am and it keeps me going till lunch, so I'm happy with it for now. Half day for me today, fingers crossed my boiler man can get the blasted thing working again this afternoon!

Bad news on the boiler - expensive part now ordered, hopefully will be able to fit it next week so another week of brrrrrrrr for us! Was nice to come home early from work though and cook a warm lunch for a change on a weekday.

L: 2 egg omelette with smoked mackerel
D: Fillet steak & salmon fillet
S: Sweetened yoghurt, rest of galette

Spent the day today hibernating in the front room with the fire on - almost looking forward to going to work on monday where I know it will be warm!

B: Pretty much missed this
L: Half cinnamon galette
D: Ginger chilli & lime chicken (1 breast) with green beans and broccoli
S: 2 Toffee muffins

Hope your heating gets sorted asap, bad timing (isn't it always?).

thanks very much everyone, we're coping ok with it -thank god for the gas fire, and the fact that I can shower in work!

B: 2 toffee muffins
L: 1 dry fried chicken breast, 2 slices smoked salmon
D: approx 300g vietamese shaking beef
S: 2 toffee muffins

ugh poor you Emma... (I've volunteered for overtime at weekends, before having my house, when it's been too hot here - just to be in the aircon!!). Hope they don't keep you waiting too long for the part!

x

L: Bowl of leftover vietnamese shaking beef
D: Bowl of roasted red pepper beef
S: Toffee muffins are currently in the oven but don't know if they'll cool sufficiently for a snack tonight, so probably another half galette

getting used to the cold now, evenings are ok as we've the fire, and we're fine in bed with the extra duvet on - it's getting up in the morning to get ready for work that's the really hard bit! Thanks everyone for your sympathies, they're nice to hear :)

I use an electric plug in at the house for that awful moment when my clothes have to come off for a morning shower!! (But maybe you don't have hot water for that, which is "easier" as you can flannel wash "bits" without having to strip off! I did this for a few weekends during bathroom revamp! Don't feel clean though!!)

Ever tried a hot/warm muffin? I like mine 10 mins or so out of the oven cos the outside is crispy... whereas at work when I eat them normally for breakfast, out of a tin foil package, they're softer... and more bread like

I'm not even considering getting wet at home at the moment (and no, no hot water I'm afraid) but the showers in the office are good so I'm taking full advantage of those.

Haven't tried the muffins warm, was worried about getting them out of the silicone moulds so just left them to cool but I'll maybe try next time.

B: 2 toffee muffins
L: Small bowl of leftover vietnamese shaking beef, 2 slices smoked salmon
D: Half mince frittata
S: vanilla muller light, 2 toffee muffins

Today is a momentous occasion for me, I am now officially in size 12 trousers and 14 top! Still just over a stone to go, but feel (and look) much better for bring in clothes that fit properly :)

Hey well done Em, what a fantastic milestone. It is nice fitting into normal sized clothes. Myself I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe at the moment, with old things that haven't fitted for years - so you'll spot me a mile off - the one in the out of fashion clothes! I am a pound off the lightest I have been in 15 years, so that is my milestone for the day.

Thanks very much, and well done to you too! Amazing what a difference it makes, although I think it's going to take a while for my brain to catch up, in my head I'm still massive!

Back