Em's diary

So a small gain this morning from my indiscretions on saturday (3/4 lb) but that's ok - onwards and downwards now.

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: 100g pack of smoked salmon & rest of galette
D: Rosemary & mint meatballs with quark and mint dip
S: Sweetened yoghurt

Was going to go to the supermarket at lunchtime and pick up a pack of smoked mackerel or a pouch of tuna for my lunch but realised I'd left my purse at home, so lunch was a little smaller than I'd intended. Just lucky I grabbed that smoked salmon to take with me for a snack!

The gain will be off again quickly, sounds like it was worth it too for a good evening with good food and company.

Keep it up, and get some food in ;)

It was definitely worth it, and I suspect it would have been much worse if I'd had a drink too.

Don't worry, I went shopping after work today so we're all good for tomorrow, have big lunch planned! I know the gain will disappear over the next couple of days but it galls me a bit to have to re-do something I've already done, so will keep a tighter reign on the social schedule in the future!

L: 6 leftover meatballs & 2 honey smoked mackerel fillets
D: 3 egg prawn omelette
S: Rest of galette

Been hungry again today, but I know that's mostly down to my indiscretion on saturday. Hopefully ketosis will kick in again tomorrow - I shall be more careful not to come out again though.

Nutrition comparison:

Honey smoked: Protein 19.1g, carb 1.2g, sugars 1.2g, fat 33.7g, saturates 8.9g
Normal smoked: Protein 19.7g, carb 0.5g, sugars 0.1g, fat 33.1g, saturates 13.7g

Very similar I thought so would be worth a try, and yes - it is heavenly! Probably will stick mostly to the normal or peppered variety and just get the honey one for an occasional treat. I think it's just a honey flavoured glaze, but yum yum!

Nutrition comparison:

Honey smoked: Protein 19.1g, carb 1.2g, sugars 1.2g, fat 33.7g, saturates 8.9g
Normal smoked: Protein 19.7g, carb 0.5g, sugars 0.1g, fat 33.1g, saturates 13.7g

Very similar I thought so would be worth a try, and yes - it is heavenly! Probably will stick mostly to the normal or peppered variety and just get the honey one for an occasional treat. I think it's just a honey flavoured glaze, but yum yum!

Similar, but 12 x the sugar content... did it say "honey" in the ingredients! (still sounds lovely mind!)

Hot Smoked Mackerel Fillets (skin on) with a Honey Flavour Glaze

with a Honey Flavour Glaze

Dietary Information
Contains fish

Ingredients
Mackerel (95%), Salt, Glaze contains: Sugar, Maize Starch, Tomato Powder, Salt, Paprika, Yeast Extract, Honey Powder, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Citric Acid, Malt Extract, Natural Flavourings, Spices (Cinnamon, Ginger), Colours:paprika Extract, Curcumin.

Admittedly, it's not the best but I'm thinking that the fillets aren't that big and proportionally the glaze is only there for a touch of flavouring. Will stick to peppered or normal mostly I think, but this is rather delicious so I won't write it off entirely!

yes definitely not Dukan. Not sure whether it'd bring you out of ketosis (sugar, honey, citric acid, maize starch...).

L: 3 chicken thighs, 2 slices roast beef
S: 2 more slices roast beef, 2 crab sticks
D: Ginger chilli & lime chicken with green beans

That mackerel sounded nice, Emma. Shame it's not allowed:(.

It is a shame, it was lovely, and the carbs were far lower proportionally than in something like muller lights. Anyway, i'm just as happy with the regular & peppered kinds too so it's all good.

So today:
B: half cinnamon galette
L: 3/4 Mince frittata inspired by the first post on the recipe thread - very yummy and filling.
D: Sainsburys shelves were empty so 1 fillet smoked mackerel, 1 fillet peppered smoked mackerel & remaining quarter of frittata.

Looking good Emma. Keep it up Hun x

Hey Em - while you're losing, don't worry... if/when you stagnate, that's when you nitpick (so, cos I'm impatient and want to get this done and dusted soonest, I avoid certain things... but, as you say, there are contradictions).

So glad it's friday - really looking forward to a lie in tomorrow morning!

L: 1 fillet peppered smoked mackerel & 1 ginger chilli & lime chicken breast with green beans (leftovers from the other day), 1 toffee muller light
D: Half mince frittata with green beans and tenderstem broccoli, vanilla baked custard
S: rest of galette

Last edited:
B: 2 fillets peppered smoked mackerel
L: Half mince frittata
D: 3 slices turkey meatloaf
S: Cinnamon galette

I hadn't realised, thanks Jaqys - I am 2/3 of the way there as of this morning!

Been a nice lazy weekend, don't know how I'm going to get revved up again for wok in the morning

L: 2 slices turkey meatloaf, vanilla muller light
D: 5 thin turkey escalopes in a tikka marinade with yoghurt and mint dip

Back