Em's diary

Good gracious me... a Minimin Dukaner who lost weight over Christmas! Whatever next!

Well done you!!

thanks very much, is good to be back - wish i'd made more of an effort to log on over the break, but the time seemed to run away with me the few days we were actually here!

Wow I'm impressed with your commitment! What an inspiration to a newbie like me!

Hi ya Emmma and well done hun on the fab effort over Xmas. Looking forward to reading more of your diary.

Bren
X

Thanks very much. I feel like I'm really in the right mindset on this diet. I know that once I get to my goal, I'm looking at a fixed period of consolidation, which will have more variety than I'm used to now, and then I can move forwards as the new thinner me. I want to get to goal as soon as I can so I can move on to the next stage which means staying on the straight and narrow on cruise. Admittedly I'm finding this easier than any other diet I've been on which is a bonus!

Your words are very motivating. I'd love you to join us on the menu thread when you get a chance. (It's all very well for us to be hyper and excited now on the first few days of attack, but keeping things "interesting" long term requires a little more food preparation I know... and you're very inventive I know with your menus!!). If you don't mind...

<clinging to the shirt tails of a future successful dukanner!!>

Of course I will, I had figured that posting on here and also on the menu thread might be a little repeptitive but I'm happy to post the menus twice if it helps :)

Didn't know whether to bother with today's menu, as I've just posted it on the menu thread, but for my own sake I'll do it twice, so I can refer back if I ever want to.

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: 3 slices of home boiled ham and rest of galette
D: Steak with a garlic & quark sauce (cooked in steak pan for all the lovely flavours)
S: Sweetened greek yogurt

Managed 20 mins very brisk walking in the gym at lunchtime today as well, going back tomorrow after work and then to my mum's gym with her on sunday. Should get the weight shifting a bit hopefully, i've only 3/4lb to my next milestone - I wanna get there!

How are your family relating to your transformation? Do you get a lot of support at home? Next milestone, 3/4lbs less... hmm... 10st7?

I do get a lot of support. My Mum and Auntie have just lost a load of weight on dukan, it was them that put me on to it, so i'm getting a lot from them. The OH is happy to adapt some meals to make them dukan friendly or cook for himself if I'm doing something he doesn't fancy, and I'm not craving anything naughty, or not often at least so I have to admit I'm finding it fairly easy.

Next milestone is 12st, then there'll be one and a half to go. still 1/4 off as of this morning, but 'transit issues' persist, so I'm expecting more loss over the weekend.

Gosh yes sorry I was looking at the wrong statistic ref your being nearly at 10 stone 7lbs... it's great when OH's are helpful. Mine usually is but he gets fed up of my constant dieting... and LOVES it when I lose the plot like last week in England! I give him whatever I'm having and he can always add stuff!

Good day today:

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: 3 slices of home boiled lean ham
S: really hungry when got home from gym and shopping so 3 crab sticks to stave off hunger till dinner was ready.
D: home made meat balls with quark and mint dip
S: Rest of galette

Also managed a trip to the gym after work, so pleased with that in all. Nice lazy day tomorrow - been hard going back to work this week after nearly 2 weeks off for xmas!

Last edited:
Emma your doing great, keep it up!

Bren
X

PV day today:

B: Sausage butty (savoury galette with 3 quorn sausages) with dukan mayo
S: sweetened greek yogurt
D: Sirloin steak with green beans and broccoli and a steak pan sauce (garlic and weight watchers creme fraiche)

Yum your food sounds lush! I think I'll be reading regularly to get some menu ideas! I love reading how you are so in the zone, it makes it all sounds so do-able!

It is doable! I swear I've never found a diet this easy. No weighing measuring or counting. No cupboards full of one particular food type (or cans of food replacement). No feeling sick with hunger.

Just nice varied food whenever you're hungry, and enough of it to fill you up. Plus the addition of oatbran which is some kind of miracle food really.

It's better to think that you're on a wonderful diet that allows you so much and works, than bemoan the things that are not permitted on the diet. Once the weight starts coming off with a vengeance it's easy to remember that it will keep coming off if you stick to it.

Hi Emma you're doing great. Looks like you had no lunch today? Surely not?
Yes I agree I found it very very easy to stick with the diet in Attack/Cruise - NO COUNTING or WEIGHING. And the ability to have something to eat if need be. I love fish too so that was a bonus, making me re-visit the variety available in that food group.

You are both so right, I've been sat here feeling all sorry for myself and deprived because I wanted chocolate but what I should have done (and am going to go and do) is have a tablespoon of cottage cheese and smoked salmon because really I think I'm hungry. For so many years I have put that feeling down to wanting chocolate after a meal but maybe it is just a case of I didn't have enough for dinner or I'm ready for a snack. Thanks both for your encouragement you are right it is doable, I just need to fight the monster that lives in my head - after all it is that that got me to 5.5stone over weight in the first place.

Ha ha Anja, is a weekend, so was later up today. B stands for Brunch rather than breakfast, and to be fair it was quite a big meal - a whole galette when I'd normally have a half for breakfast and 3 quorn sausages - was stuffed afterwards but it kept me going all through till dinner.

I used to crave something sweet after dinner all the time, but it rarely bothers me now, and if it does the leftover galette or some sweetened yogurt will usually do the trick

Back