Em's diary

Doing ok thanks Bren, have the webpage up in the background but I'm pretty busy at work today so cracking on with it.

Off to the gym after work for me today, am in the car so it's nice and easy getting home. Also did floor exercises yesterday evening, starting to get into more of a routine with it all I think.

Great to here. It infectious once u start exercising.

Night Hun x

Good day today,

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Massive stack of smoked salmon with pepper and a squeeze of lemon & quarter galette
D: Turkey meatloaf & rest of galette

Didn't manage the gym after work as legs were killing me after zumba, but have started using stairs at work. Was put off by the idea as I work on the 10th floor of my building, but everytime I went downstairs today I walked, and going up I'd walk to floor 3 and then get the lift. Plus mega cleaning session when I got home meant I didn't sit down till 7.45 so I reckon I've made up for it :)

Nice sounding menu today and wow at walking up three flights - if I did that I'd be a bag of wind at the top!

Brilliant work with the stairs. Great thinking that 'my legs arent up for the gym, what can I do in my day instead?' !!

You have balanced the work and housecleaning well Hun xx

Thanks, the stairs were a bit of a killer, 2 is fine but 3 caught my breath a bit at the top, so I'll carry on and when it's a bit easier I'll make it 4 instead. Would have left the housework tbh but we've guests arriving tomorrow for the weekend, so it had to be done really. Am shattered now, so off to bed. Night all!

Night Hun and again great work! Zzz

We've never discussed this before but, in the French book, he says (somewhere but I forget which phase) to forget lifts and escalators... and take the stairs. I've done this for ages (except in tower blocks!!). Am I the only one doing this or doesn't he say it in the English book? My office is on the 3rd floor and I never take the lift!

At the house, I make a point of going upstairs each time I need to (rather than putting a pile of things "to go up next time" as I do when on carbs!!)

No, he does say that in the book but I've not paid attention to it until now. Firstly, the focus was on the food to start off with, with the exercise to feature later which is the way it's happened. Secondly I work on the 10th floor, which is a bit overfacing if you're looking at the stairs. Anyway, I'm on track now with my 3rd floor plan and I'll be considering more carefully where else I can take the stairs.

Hmmm...that stairs things is a bit more difficult if you work 10 flights up, for sure! :-O Great idea, though, to go at least part way up and then take the lift the rest of the way. And you can always try and push yourself a little further every so often, when you feel up to it.

I don't like lifts much and would rather use the stairs so that's not much help, then again I rarely (thankfully) have had to go up more than a couple of floors. I do go up and down my own stairs more often though - previously I would pile stuff up at the bottom (like Jo) or send the kids (not like Jo:eek:).

Today:
B: Half galette
L: Leftover meatloaf, vanilla muller light (actually only had about 1/4 of this as it was a bit lumpy. still in date but I didn't quite trust it)
D: Ginger, Chilli & Lime Chicken
S: Rest of galette

Managed the stairs everytime today in work as well, think I might be able to keep up with it!

Good menu and great work on the stairs again!

Been a manic weekend as we've had visitors but yesterday was:

B: Half cinnamon galette
L: Pre cooked roast chicken, 1 1/2 fillets honey smoked mackerel, 2 triangles x light laughing cow, 2 pickled gherkins & a few small pickled onions
D: Dinner cooked by one of our visitors was spring rolls with sweet chilli dipping sauce & pork penang curry with a small spoon of rice. Non Dukan I know but Pun is from Thailand and had spent so long cooking I would have felt rude, and it looked very delicious. Decided I'd try and balance it by not having a drink so I haven't weighed today and will hope I've worked it off in the gym later on.
S: Rest of galette.

Last edited:
Oh dear, but I can understand why you ate it. I would have done exactly the same, especially after Pun had taken lots of trouble to make it. Besides, how often do you get authentic food cooked for you by a Thai person? Fab opportunity to taste a delicious meal!

Just be extra good and drink plenty of water for a while to make up for it.

I had the same prob on the weekend. Friends came over for a BBq and made some salads and bought expensive cheeses. So I had 2 small piece of both with no crackers or bread. Oh and a little of her bean salad,.....nothing as scrumptious as Thai though.

But if we guzzle lots of water and keep up the exercise hopefully the scales fairy will be kind to us on WI !

Xx

It was a delicious meal, and in retrospect it could have been worse - it was only really the spring rolls and a small spoonful of rice that was bad. This is my 3rd lapse overall (xmas dinner & nye being the other 2) so I don't think I've done badly altogether. I managed to say no thanks to the fried rice that she served up for breakfast this morning!

Another massive gym session this afternoon, which included swimming and 10 mins in the sauna which was lush, i've done ok on the water today too. Today's been a strict pp and tomorrow will be too I think.

today's menu:
B: 3 egg omelette with a fillet of smoked mackerel
L: Half cinnamon galette
D: Couple of crab sticks, sirloin steak and prawns in quark sauce & rest of galette
S: Sweetened greek yoghurt

hey hun thats not bad , it will even out xx

Back