Em's diary

Hello there Emma, and you have been missed!

Can you tell us more? OK you gained some weight (how much?) but did you find it difficult "mentally" once you started eating previously forbidden foods? I'm intrigued of course!

Welcome back! Don't stay on attack long PLEASE!

Great to have you back! We've been putting the equivalent of graffiti in yr diary, as you can see! Just to keep it uppermost!

Hurray, you're back! We've missed you, Em! :)

A few pounds doesn't sound too bad. Sounds as though you're getting back into the Dukan swing of things already.

Like Jo, I'd love to know more about how you coped, foodwise. Our hols are coming ever nearer and I'm going to be stumped for choice whilst eating, so any strategies you can advise on would be fab!

Ah, it's so nice to hear I was missed!

Ok, i hate even admitting it to myself but the total was 10lb back on. Like I said, hopefully this will be considerably lower tomorrow, but still a little disappointing. Having said that, i don't know if i'd do it any differently if i could go back.

After the first day I was out of ketosis, and made a decision that it wouldn't do me any good to be in and out of that all the time, so I had some carbs every day but tried to stick more to rice, pulses and fruit etc (fresh pineapple - amazing!) rather than bread and potatoes. Of course some of those did creep in and if we missed lunch in the buffet (as we frequently did) the choices at the snack bar were burger/hot dog/toasted sandwich/pizza :eek:

also had a rum or two every day but only one evening when i could have been considered a bit tipsy (maybe apart from the first night when the shock of alcohol after such a long abstinence hit me like a steam train!)

i could have made life really hard on myself and tried harder to stick closer to the dukan rules but once i was there and realised that it wasn't going to be as easy as i'd thought i decided to go with the flow and deal with it on my return. i don't believe i succumbed to any 'binge' eating which is probably positive, but am really glad to be back on it now, and haven't been tempted at all by the results of yesterday's bakeathon in lieu of airport bought sweets for the office.

And don't worry Jo - only ever planned for a 3 day attack, vegetables tomorrow!

Last edited:
Good luck getting back into it.

Did you feel confident in yourself on the beach/at the pool?

What about the non eating stuff, what did you see, do? Great weather?
Go on make us all jealous.

Thanks for putting the numbers down! I get so paranoid when I see how much I regain, compared to some, and lots don't weigh in immediately (the wise ones!!), so it's "good" to see how much we do regain if we don't do Conso as we should.

Holidays are a trial (sigh!). But have to be done!

I bet those 10lbs will melt away... (glad you're in PV tomorrow!)... I had a stupid 48H eatathon (4K up), just the 1K to go after six days.

These fluctuations are sent to try us.

Now, as Jaq says, tell us about the HOLIDAY... :D

The holiday was really fab. Weather was great, beach was gorgeous and we met some lovely people too. Nice to be back in my own bed, but am already planning on going back next year. Been so knackered since we got back, but finally got a good sleep last night and am feeling a bit more normal today, so will try and sort the photos out this evening and put a few up on here.

Am also very pleased to report that i'm 5lb down on saturday's weight, which is really good news. Looking forward to some vegies later on though :D

Major computer disaster last night - all was working fine, then it shut off for no reason at all, & now can't get it to switch back on again :(

What a pain!! I have just been arguing about my laptop - only 13 months old and the touchpad has stopped working! When I finally got through to customer services they immediately said they would fix it - result!

Sadly mine's out of warranty now, though only a couple of years old. I do have a techie friend who i'd normally ask but i hate asking as he's such a busy guy. I think i'll have to bother him with this though...

The thing is you kind of expect a laptop to last longer - which was my argument with Samsung! (although by the time I got through to the people who could authorise the repair, it wasn't really an argument any more!)

Well my friend thinks it's a major hardware fault, so i'm going to have to take it into a shop. Found one close to where i work, so hopefully they'll come back to me soon. I can still get on here at work, and at home on my phone, but it's more time consuming that way. Will get back to posting menus soon i promise, but for now things may remain a little quiet from me. Amazing how much you come to rely on technology isn't it? What on earth did people do before?

Ah yes, the days of alta vista pre google. Pre internet? Ummmm. no, i don't think i do remember!!

Right, am home alone this weekend, as the oh has gone to liverpool to see some friends for the weekend, which means i've commandeered his laptop!

Been really good on the food front this week, have a family lunch tomorrow, but can't find a menu online so going to have an omelette for breakfast and then have a snack before we go and take my galette for afterwards (just in case there's not much i can have).

feeling pretty lost without the lappy, but will try and continue with my catching up this evening, x

Happy monday everyone!

Weekend sucessfully navigated - how gorgeous was the weather yesterday? Had a major laundry-thon and got it all dry on the line.

also started some practice runs for the homemade chocolates for my brother's wedding favours. I will have to rely on their feedback since i haven't tasted any of it :D

family lunch was fine too, had grilled chicken with greens and a salad, and stuck to diet pepsi/water.

Am all ready and raring to go this week, chicken quiche baked last night, making yoghurt cake tonight and really enjoyed my 'quick spiced toasts' using the microwave bread recipe yesterday. Found my new weekend treat there!

British Gas coming back tomorrow to install the insulation, so have negotiated the day off, and will hopefully enjoy some more beautiful weather in the afternoon :)

Bad news is laptop still broken, and OH came back earlier than expected on saturday, and took his back from me disappointingly! Am trying to get through to this repair shop today for them to pick it up.

Back