Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

The first meal I had after 4 weeks was really odd. I made a chicken breast with a few veggies and was totally stuffed. I am still only doing protein and veg and am totally full every evening. You do get used to eating a little more again, but it's nothing like the portions I ate before. I am not sure how it will be when i first go back to 3 meals a day! I think I might stay on Exante for a bit longer than I originally planned as I really enjoy the shakes and soups for brekkie and lunch. I love banana or strawberry shake for brekkie.

Yes, i know what you mean,
The twice i've eaten i've tried to stay off carbs..
My love of them really makes me want to never touch them again!!!!
The kind of detox off them for those couple of days was so bad...
I think even when i go back to eating i will be wary, i can see already my diet will change..
The foods i've really fancied eating are fresh veg and soups (even though im eating them), Stir fries and lovely colourful things... i've not wanted bread, cakes or things that i'd have been eating alot of before....

I fancied the same foods and so did my friend who did LL. I think it makes you think about what you really want and you realise that you miss all the good foods that you previously took for granted. I am going to be carb cautious once I get to target. I can't do this again, so it's a lifestyle change for me.

Hi,

First day nearly over with and I have mixed feelings about myself today.

I had a shake this morning, nut/toffee bar, soup for tea and then a choc/orange bar, I want to stick to three products a day but figured on my first day I could take it a bit easier...my problem is I am slightly disappointed with myself as I had to make my boyfriend tea and when I served it up for him, it looked so nice I had a mouthful!! lol it is actually quite funny that I feel so guilty about it.

I feel pleased with myself for getting the first day over with, i've drank loads of water but im missing cups of tea. But I feel a litte disappointed with myself for having 4 products and a bite of his dinner.

I have told him now that he has to sort his own food out as its not fair on me on the start of my diet to be staring at his lovely food. It is going to take a few days to change my mindset but I'll get there and I've decided to blend everything, the mushroom soup was delish!

Well done for getting through the first day. Don't worry about a mouthful of food. It won't hurt this early on.

I used to split my shake packs into two to make 4 meals. Ceri is doing this also, so that might help you.

Mushroom soup is good!

It get's easier day by day Mirium. You will be fine! Would be easier if your OH does his own tea though. Will take the temptation away from you.

I have say a huge congratulations on your weight loss this week Sarah, you must be so pleased with yourself, 7lbs in your eighth week is brill, well done x

Thanks Mirium. I hope that you are are as successful as me on Exante!

well, have a new spring in my step today

Had a strawberry shake this morning... which i like..

I've avoided all my mushroom soup pack, i didn't think i'd like them... After miriam liked her's so much yesterday i decided to blend one for lunch, and it is soooo nice, i think it may even be my favourite.

also, went for a jog this morning, just about 35 mins worth but feel much better for it as i am sat down all afternoon..

How are we all?

Go Ceri! You must be firmly in ketosis now.

Mushroom soup is yummy. It's my second favourite soup behind veg, which I have just had.

Have you tried the banana shake yet. Now that is my total favourite out of all the products.

We seem to have lost the other Sarah....where are you Sarah?????

mmm i love the shakes i have to say....
I find it harder to get rid of the powdery taste in vanilla...
But i really like banana...really fresh and you would never think it was a "diet shake"...
I think i'm so excited as i get to weigh and post my 1st loss tomorrow.
Seems ages since i started but hopefully next week will be quicker.

Yes I am not that keen on vanilla. I love vanilla ice cream, which is odd that I don't like it.

Someone suggested having the vanilla one hot with a teaspoon of coffee in it. I don't like coffee, but worth a go. Apparently it's like a latte.

My first week seemed to go slow also. I think it's because you are dying to do your weigh in. On Mondays (my WI day) I can't wait to get up and weigh myself.

I can't wait to see how much you have lost also.

Hopefully my friend will also come on here this week (she ordered products on Saturday) so we will have another member for our group.

Well i'm pretty good today, had a gorge vanilla shake this morning, put it in my smoothie maker with ice and it was lovely.

I have only drank 0.5l of water so need to stay on top of that. I have a headache. I am going to have soup when I get home and half a bar.

I just feel really happy that I am actually doing something that I think is going to work.

I woke up this morning and didn't feel hungry, previously when I've been on terrible diets before I have woken up starving.

I am going to work out this evening for an hour, I just really feel this is the start of the new me.

The mushroom soup blended is delish, im blending everything!

Hi Mirium

Glad you are still enjoying it. It's odd how this diet grabs you and you just know it will work. I never thought that in 8 weeks I would lose this much. You will too! For me, it makes it all worthwhile. And it's a bonus that the products are nice also!

If you are going to exercise, make sure you have had enough water Mirium. Your headache will be due to not enough water and/or being on the first few days of the diet.

Yep I blend everything. Not added ice though so might have to give that a whirl.

I add chilli flakes to the thai soup, to spice it up a bit more and worcester sauce to the tomato one. But that's just for personal taste.

What day is your WI day?

I suffered with headaches miriam... think of it as a body reaction. I just drank more water and it seemed to clear it off... i suffered for about 4 days though.
Glad you were'nt hungry this morning... i find im very rarely hungry now, think that is down to the water though...

going to try that cofee things though, not a huge cofee lover but it gives you a change which is great xx

Hello

i am here, sorry it gets a bit busy for me during the days but I am here I promise!

Soulds like you are all doing great, have had the urge to eat but have held off and doing really well. I am just tucking into my 2nd shake of the day, Chocolate, mmmmm.

I have yet to try the banana one but will let you know the moment I do.

So a question for you ladies, How much do you think I could realistically loose in 14 weeks? I have a wedding then and will see a lot of people I have not seen since Xmas and would love for them to see a difference. Any ideas about dropping close sizes too? I am currently 16s and a size 20/22. I would love to get into a 16 by then but not sure if this is do-able or not!

I have asked over in the CD forum part too as there are people on there who have done over the 14 weeks so should be able to give me a rough estimate based on what they achieved.

Anyways hope you are all doing OK, will be back later.......

Sarah

Hi Sarah, glad it's going well for you also. Seems we are all on fire with it.

Do you plan to do total for the 14 weeks? If so then taking LL as an example, they say you can lose a minimum of 3 stones in 14 weeks but it's generally 3 - 4 stone. My friend did 14 weeks and lost 4st.

I am aiming for 4 stone off in 12 weeks, and am hopefully on target for that.

So, you should be able to lose loads and your friends will notice FOR SURE!

Dress sizes is a bit of an issue for me right now. I started out much the same size as you 20, verging on a 22:rolleyes:. After 3 stones gone 18s are now loose on my bottom half and most of my tops are a 16. I have some size 16 jeans that I hope to be in after my next stone is off. I seem to be carrying my weight around my middle and lower half. My friend on LL shrunk quicker than me through the sizes.

How tall are you Sarah?

I think you should be in a 16 very comfortably by then, but everyone is different. See how you are after your first 1 - 2 stones go and then you should be able to judge.

Sarah

I am a little shortie I am 5ft 2!

I wrote this on my first day and thought maybe it might help someone else!

Day 1

So how am I feeling?
I have been great up until lunch time but now the headaches are kicking in and my tummy is thinking that my throat has been cut! I am drinking the water but its not really helping much.

Tonight I am going to get hubby to take some awful sorry I mean flattering photo’s of me in my birthday suit and fully clothed in order to see any difference. I suppose that’s a great thing with digital camera’s I can take loads of pics and then compare on a regular basis without even leaving the comfort of my own home.

In the next week or so I am going to go back to Aqua Aerobics but I don’t think its wise this first week.

Up for a Challenge
OK so as today is the first day I thought maybe I should set myself some challenges!
Challenge 1 – Lose 7lbs in 7 days
Challenge 2 – Lose 10lbs in 14 days
Challenge 3 – Lose 18lbs in 21 days
Challenge 4 – Lose 2st by Easter
Challenge 5 – Be 100% for 40 days

That should keep me going for a while!

My Goals
We need goals so that we can achieve them and stick to it! These are subject to change but here we go at day 1.
Goal 1 – To get under 16st
Goal 2 – To get under 15st 7lbs
Goal 3 -To get under 15st
Goal 4 - To get into size 20 comfortably
Goal 5 – To get under 14st 7lbs
Goal 6 –To get under 14st
Goal 7 – To get into size 18 comfortably

So why am I doing this?
This is a radical diet and I need to write down reasons I am doing this in order to stay focused!
1 – I want to walk into a room and not think people are looking/talking about me because of my weight.
2 -I want to feel proud of who I am!
3 – I want to look in the mirror and not be repulsed by my reflection.
4 – I want to “show” all of those “you cant do it” people that I bloody well can
5 – I want to prove I have the motivation and dedication to get to goal
6 – I want to go on holiday and not worry about my chunky thighs
7 – I want to wear clothes because I like them, not because they fit
8 – I want to be able to shop “Everywhere”
9 – I want to walk down the street and know the wolf whistle “could” be for me
10 – I want to be sexy to my husband
11 – I want to be able to show people pictures and not feel embarrassed
12 – I want to be comfortable – I do not want to chafe for yet another summer
13 – I want to be able to buy Knee High boots from any shoe shop
14 – I want to be able to by nice underwear sets!
15 – I want to get a bra that fits properly!
16 – I want my legs/bikini line waxed without being embarrassed and taking ages!
17 – I want people to comment about something other than my “pretty eyes”
18 – I do not want my weight to be an issue for any health problems
19 – I want to WOW people with my changes.
20 – I want to feel “normal”
21 – I want to feel worthy
22 – I don’t want to be the cuddly one anymore
23 – I want to make friends because of who I am – not pity friendships.
24 – I don’t want people thinking “What is he doing with HER?”
25 – I don’t want to have to justify my weight
26 – I don’t want to be the fat friend
27 – I don’t want my weight to block me from making friends
28 – I want my husband/mum/dad to be proud of me
29 – I to tell all those horrible people to go shove it!
30 – I want a baby

Hope this helps someone!

Sarah

They are all great goal's sarah.

As miriam can testify i was always very small, and very slender...

something changed for me in my first serious relationship.

My boyfriend was very paranoid about me running off with someone else..
I started to eat with him when we moved in together, he was a landscaper so was very active.
During our relationship i went from 5ft 8 and a size 10... to a size 18....
I can remember when my size 18s were getting tight and i would squeeze myself into them rather than think of buying a 20.
Funnily the heavier i was, the better our relationship was, if i was fatter he didn't think men would find me attractive.

After 4 years i ended it.
I moved back to mid wales, and my weight quite quickly went back to a 14

i've bobbed around a 14 /16 ever since...

I've never really had a huge problem with the way i look, the usual, yes i'm bigger but tall, and carry it well...

but really deep down i was self concious about summer's and holidays and i longed for a more slender, but still curvacious figure

I like excersize, but not enough

and i've tried diet's, but i never ever stick to them, i feel too hungry, tempation is all around, and when it boils down to it, I AM UNABLE TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES FOR MYSELF

yes, this diet is hard,
It certainly hasn't been easy and i am only having my first weigh in tomorrow.
But i feel great,
I've stuck to it, i've had to eat proper food twice, and when i have i made sure they were no carb meals...

I've started to excersize, and just now i had my first "god ceri have you lost weight" to which i could confidently reply, yes, but i'm not sure how much yet.

I have found this forum a constant support. when i feel the need to snack, i log on, look at people's losses and get that bit of inspiration

Something has just clicked with me on exante, and i know i will keep going until i have lost the right amount of weight for me, and i feel i will be able to finally make the right choices for a healthy lifestyle :)

Hi Cerii,

Its strange what being with people can do to you. I am in a kind of similar situation, we are both big people but once we moved in together I just seemed to get bigger and bigger. Hubby has not really changed too much, and although I dont think its anything to do with him having a hold on me I do believe that it is through contentment. I know no matter what he will love me, if I was the size of a house or if I was petite I know its me he loves. However when he mentions loosing weight I panic, thinking more girls will find him attractive and he has the best personality and he will find there are better people out there than me. I would never stop him from loosing weight if he wanted too and I dont cook so cant "overfeed" him but it does worry me! Maybe I have confidence issues and this is what it was like for your ex. Its strange though.

Anyway I have seen your weight loss for this week - AMAZING. I hope I can do that too. have been naughty too and had a piece of chicken last night. But as this is allowed on the next step I dont feel I am cheating and have stuck with it again today. I cant weight for my first weigh in.

Oh Before I dissapear I am just in the middle of a banana shake and it is lovely!!!! Mmmmmmm

Have a great day girlies!

Sarah

Sarah - your confidence will sour as you lose this weight.

I love the banana shakes, one of my fave's.

Just stopped off at the supermarket to get food for colleuges did'nt even think about getting myself anything, turned down the offer of some chocolate and some crisps and i just had a lovely bowl of mushroom soup with some pepper, was delicious.

Really happy with my loss... Can't wait for next week now so i can be 12 stone something!!!!! the results make it all worth it x:553:

Back