Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

As far as I can make out it looks like they have three programmes that you can follow...Similar flavoured shakes as in Lipotrim/LL/CD/W8, they have bars as well.

Simple solution = 1200 calories

Working solution = 1000 calories

Total solution = 600 - 800 calories vlcd.

Simple solution you can buy on line and the other two you do through a consultant.

Check out their site

How it Works | how it works

I am sure someone who is doing it will be able to help.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you Mini, it does sound alot like cd, i wonder what it taste like. x

Thanks Mods! Nice to have our own space now.

Yeah I had chocolate this morning whuch was lovely. I added quite a bit of ice into it and that made it lovely and refreshing.

I am not feeling hungry at all so thats great stuff. I have got some ketostix to check when I have hit ketosis but so far so good.

How are you all?

That's good that you enjoyed your first shake. How have the other products been today?

OK so feeling a bit like I am coming down with a cold, bit clammy but OK, easily solved with some water and mind on something else!!!!!!

That's the withdrawl from carbs and sugar. You might feel rough for a few days, but it will pass and then you will feel great. How are you feeling now?

Thank you Mini, it does sound alot like cd, i wonder what it taste like. x

I would like to know what it taste like myself!!!

Especially the bars what they are like.

Hi guys, I have been using the Exante products for 8 weeks now and I love the products. Some people find the shakes a bit bland as they are not as sweet as CD or LL, but I really like them....well all except vanilla.

The soups are great and the bars are really nice. Made with soya crispies. The calorie value is higher per pack than CD or LL, but you can split packs and stick to the 3 per day. I did 4 weeks on total and 4 weeks on working and have lost much the same on both programmes. I am a couple of days short of my 8 week weigh in and so far have lost 2st 11lb.

You can do the total solution if you contact them by phone. They will give you support via head office or via a consultant. Very helpful company!

HTH

Hi sarah p, sounds like your doing well, its a shame the company doesnt do samples, try before you buy, does it work out cheaper than cd?

Hi sarah p, sounds like your doing well, its a shame the company doesnt do samples, try before you buy, does it work out cheaper than cd?

Hi, not sure how much CD is, but they have an offer on at the moment of 21 packs for around £38 i think. There are details on their website. If you do your own pick and mix, it's £49 plus postage.

If you call them, they might send you a free sample? I didn't ask when I started.

Hi Sarah

Today has gone suprizingly well. I have not really suffered from any headaches and I dont feel hungry. I have to say I did a ketones check earlier and it does say that there are traces it was on the 2nd pink colour so maybe the cutting out carbs slowly over the last week or so has actually helped.

I am feeling very positive as I stand right now. I had a strawberry shake and that was nice, again I added ice cubes which really does make it refreshing, I tend to leave it for 2 mins just to get it all mixed! Still have more shake to go this eve, will try the banana I think.

Sarah

That's sounding good then Sarah. Have you tried any of the soups or bars? I have just had half a choc orange bar.

Do you blend the shake with a hand blender?

The soups scare me!!! I have been on Lipotrim before and well they made me feel sick so sticking with the shakes for now.

I use a hand blender yes, just a tesco's value £4 something blender but does the job well!

I have read that the lipotrim soup is nasty. Exante soups are nice! I think veg and mushroom are the best. Thai is ok, but got a bit sick of that one. Not that keen on the tomato, but ok if you add in some worcester sauce.

Are you doing it with a consultant or via the phone with them? Out of interest, how did you find them? I found them whilst surfing the other companies. They came up on a google search on VLCD.

VLCD

I am not on Exante?? But, am on a VLCD just started on Thursday (two days ago). It is a local program through a bariatric doctor (MD) where I am monitored with lab tests, EKG, etc. It's all meal replacement for the first 12-16 weeks, then I will gradually reintroduce solids, as long a I am on track. Is this the right support forum for me or do any of you know if there is another VLCD support group?

Thanks in advance!
Robin :)

Hi Robin, welcome to the forum.

You are very welcome to join in on the chat on these boards. There are very few of us doing Exante, so the more the merrier :D. Feel free to join the weekly weigh in thread also.

Whats at bariatric doctor?? I haven't heard of that one. What are the products like and are you enjoying it?

Last edited:
Hi, not sure how much CD is, but they have an offer on at the moment of 21 packs for around £38 i think. There are details on their website. If you do your own pick and mix, it's £49 plus postage.

If you call them, they might send you a free sample? I didn't ask when I started.

Thanks Sarah, i thinks thats around the same as im paying now but im on 4 packs aday, shall keep a look on how your doing though.x

So how's everyone doing today? How was your first weekend Ceri and Sarah? Hope it wasn't too bad. The first weekend can be tough.

A good friend of my sisters is about to start on the diet also, so I will get her to join our growing group.

Hi all

My weekend was ok
I did eat some solid food though
i had a works night out on saturday night.
I new it was going to long as we were meeting friends at 6pm and i knew i would be out till the early hour's
I had a shake for breakfast saturday, Soup for lunch and then i made a kind of omlette, no milk, with just some spring onion... the suprise of that thaough was that i could only eat just over half of it and it was small... plus i drank sparkling water all night..

so i was quite chuffed....
Had an appointment today for an iron injection and had to take some tablets, spoke with the nurse about the diet ect... she seemed fine with it which was good, but she did recommend some actual lunch as i'd got some medication to take, so i just had some chicken....again very full after half of what id put on my plate so threw it away...

I got weighed today though
I went low carb from last monday... but on exante from weds... and i've lost 5lbs already... but will weigh properly on weds, very very pleased..

So glad we have this proper forum now,,,,xx:D

Hi everyone,

Well done Ceri about the weekend, I'm sure you will lose 7lbs by Wednesday.

My first day today, I didn't eat anything until they had arrived at 12.30, then I made a strawberry milkshake in the office with water from the cooler and an empty evian bottle....wasn't a good idea as it was very watery, I will blend it tomorrow before I get to the office and drink it throughout the morning.

I just had a nut bar, really nice, i'm drinking loads of water and just thinking of Cheryl Cole and how lovely and thin she is.

I'm sure after a few days my mindset would've changed and I won't be thinking..oh I'll have a cup of tea and a choc biscuit or I fancy a jacket potato with loads of cheese and coleslaw...

I just want to stand on those scales and to have lost something, anything will spur me on

x

Sounds like you are both going great then. Well done Ceri for only eating what you wanted. That's half the battle for us isn't it.

Miriam, I find you defo need to blend the products. It makes them nice and creamy. One of the exante people told me that I should keep it dry until I was ready to use it. I think it's because the nutrients break down. So you might want blend when you get to the office. I work from home, otherwise i would have bought a cheap second blender to use in the office.

Ceri, huge well done on the 5lbs gone already. You will have lost more by Wednesday. And you should lose quite a bit on your second week also. It makes it all worthwhile doesn't it!

I know I keep saying it, but I am so pleased that I am not alone on this now!

Sarah, well done on your 7 pounds, that is amazing, and shows that you still have great losses even on the working solution.
I haven't really missed the whole eating thing, which shows how much i didnt actually need all that food...
just that quick weigh in has really picked me up though.
Plus sides that im now on my 6th day, i have loads of energy, my skin (to which miriam will confirm) has never been that fabulous, now has a whole new glow... and i swear the bottom of the stomach seems flatter after much scrutiny... i had a lot of time on my hands at the weekend and just found myself staring at myself alot... x

Oh I am glad I am not the only one inspecting myself in the mirror for ages at a time. :D I am impressed with the loss on working. Have lost 16lbs in 4 weeks.

You guys on total will do brilliantly, although I think that overall I had a bit more to lose than you guys.

You must be in the big K now! You will be bursting with energy and your skin does improve. Mine has also. I find I wake up much earlier now and am raring to go, where as before I would wake up sleepy and have to force myself out of bed.

Day 6 has come around so quickly for you! You will be leaping out of bed on Wednesday to get on the scales.

i know, i am wide awake before my alarm, and i feel ready to do abit of excersize.. I did the tummy toning section of the davina dvd this morning... and i think i may go for a short jog/briskk walk tomorrow, I quite enjoy running but was a bit wary of pushing it when i first started but now my energy is up i will make the most of it

How do you find eating a meal.
I really struggles having that omlette on saturday, I'm still full now from eating that chicken, but i must have only had a breast size portion and that was at 12.30..
Decided i couldn't face a soup so i'm picking at a fruit toffee bar instead....
And yes, alot of staring, i seem to be examining my every feature everytime i pass 1....

Back