Exante Support Group - join us if you are on Exante VLCD

Hi everyone!
finally decided to join your happy band. Have been on exante TS for 6 weeks and am loving it - not easy but doable. 30.5 lbs gone without too many headaches or hunger pangs. Have strangely gone off the bars, though. Really don't think I can stomach one more of either flavour!!

Wow Marieb that is really good going, congratulations!
I enjoy the bars as it is something to actually get my teeth into, not sure how I will be in 6 weeks time - I suppose we are all different in our reactions to it. My headaches have not been too bad, not had to take any painkillers and not suffered many hunger pangs myself yet but then am only in week one. How is your social life coping with it?
I like to go out and watch live music at weekend and know that I am going to miss my bottle of wine but am determined to stick to the water.
B xx

Hi Marieb, Welcome to the club.
A massive well done on your 30 lb loss, that is fantastic!
Shame you don't like the bars...they are my fave. I dislike the soups lately.
Keep posting...i love to keep up with everyone's progress.

When is your weigh in Quak?

Hi all,welcome to Quak, Marieb and lovely to see you back Bex. I went off the soups about a month and a half ago. Still love the bars and shakes. My sister still enjoys the soups so I guess we're all different. Good luck on your weigh in days

Hi DM - weigh in is Tuesday morning on the scales at work........am looking forward to it knowing I have stuck to it totally so far :)

hi all - just about to go round to a friends for a birthday celebration. feeling a bit twitchy about the food. have only been out for a meal once since i started vlcd at beginning of June - that went well, so hope today goes well too! will stay off carbs and eat a tiny amount so i don't draw attention to the fact that i'm not eating. am getting bored with explaining and justifying my actions! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. x

Exciting stuff eh Quak, am sure you will have a brill loss.

Marieb, i hate those situations. Just had a similar experience myself at a family christening. I just picked at some fruit and drank lots of coffee.

Panic over - all went well! had a diet coke, one chicken leg and a bit of salad and a couple of strawberries. I've never eaten anything so slowly in all my life, but nobody seemed to notice!

Well done Marieb, it is a difficult situation and you managed really well by the sound of it. I am sure it will show on the scales for your next weigh-in.
B xx

Hi im new to the board im on day 2 of my exante journey feeling ok had headaches yesterday but ok so far today not felt hungry yet either.

Welcome to our group Kel!!

Everyone here is so helpful its a great group if you need any help or advice and keep us posted on how you are getting on x

Hello Kel, the headaches do go, honest, mine took about 4 days but am fine now. Welcome to the group (still feel strange saying that only being very new myself) hope your week goes well.
B xx

Hi :wavey:

I have just clicked the 'pay now' button for my first two weeks of Exante and have now come on here to publicly declare my commitment to losing weight!

I lost around 30lb on CD a couple of years ago, but have piled it all back on, and then some! I've popped back to my CD counsellor a few times this year and restocked on products, but did not stick to the diet. I think this was due to a combination of not getting myself weighed, and not posting on here - it's very easy to ignore the cheats when you don't confess to anyone!

Yesterday I halfheartedly decided I would have a low carb day - and stuck to it really well. Today I'm going to use up some of my CD products that are hanging around in the cupboard and WILL get back into the zone this week.

I've got over three stone to lose, although not I've set a final goal as yet, but I am sooooo looking forward to my clothes not feeling so tight! That has to be goal number 1!

I've not found the answers to all my questions about Exante on their site, but I'm hoping that there will be more information when my packs arrive. If not, I'll be back on here with questions!

That's probably enough of my :blahblah: for now, but I might pop on later to let you know how I have got on today - failure is no longer an option!

Welcome purplekel and amber. Hope you both do really well on Exante. Onwards and downwards.....

Welcome Purplekel and Amber. Keep focused and those pounds will soon melt off.
Good luck to both of you

Hello Amber
I have just hit the pay button for my second fortnightly supply - it does work, good luck.
B xx

Thanks for the welcomes

I got through yesterday just about OK on my left over Cambridge packets, although I am really hungry this morning, so today could be a bit more of a struggle. Because I am on the road all day for my job, it is difficult to drink too much water to fill up with as toilet stops become an issue!

I think I am going to have to muster some strong willpower to get through today!

Thanks for the welcomes i found yesterday a real struggle but had read day 3 was tough but i got through it today has been good no headaches or anything else, just away to order my next 2 weeks supplies hopefully having spent the money will keep me focused.

Hello to everyone I'm new to this forum( not minimins) but have been lurking around in VLCD forums ;)
I've been doing low carb diet and watching my calorie intake since june, which Ive done pretty good. Before doing the low carb I was going to do a VLCD with Exante and Eurodiet but I wasn't convinced by the doctors here who seemed that they were interested in only selling me the products and not telling me what the diet was all about. This was with the Eurodiet. But after reading the forums and the advice and support Ive decided that since I have a 2 week supply of shakes and soups that were given to me free that I would take them out and start using them today and see how the first week will go. I have around 30 pounds or 2 stones to lose so I hope I'll have some first week results as I've seen on this post.

One question for those out there on VLCD, is is wise to exercise while on a VLCD some have said yes some have said no? I will say I'm doing the total solution so only shakes or soups for the first week..I was thinking of doing 40 min of aerobics everyday. Will that be too much?

Thanks and I look forward to posting my weight loss here every week.

Back