Exercise pledge and support

lol am going to try them tomorrow should be fun !!!!!!

Starting today 3 hours gym a week and at least 1 hour of badminton.XX

Gotta be home bound unfortunately but with loadsa kids Gym or classes are out which is a shame cos I actually enjoy them
Anyway.....
30 sit ups before bed (to increase daily) & 20 Mins steps (thank god for stairs eh lol) per day to be increased too
Good luck everyone!!
Niki
xx

Great thread idea!

Starting 15 mins every morning on the cross trainer from tomorrow, and increasing the walking by 50% :eek:

Gotta get these thighs toned up!

Hi guys great thread I pleadg to do the 8mins workouts each just done the 1st lot quite effective, I am also waiting delivery of my new bike which I intend to cycle to and from work approx 2.5 miles not much I know but better than sitting on the bus.

Well done guys together we can do this and flaunt all our skinny bods in the summer

xx sharron

Walk 1.5 miles home from work 4-5 days a week, gym 4-5 nights a week.
And this week Im also gonna do some of the youtube things yasmine is suggesting

not going to the gym yet...BUT

home workouts ^_^

3sets of 15reps of each

all dumbell workouts (for arms)
situps
pressups
crunches
side crunches
then some bench work ^_^

gonna start running aswell (might buy a running machine)

I have signed up to do a 5K run on 01.03.09, so am running 3x p/w. I also pledge to do the youtube exercises

Exercise.......

Great idea!

I'm 2 weeks into LIPO and got weighed this morning and have lost 13lbs! I'm thrilled ONLY (?!) another 41lbs to go.....I've been getting to the gym about 3 times and week and doing a mix of cardio for 60-90 minutes using up between 500-700 calories per session. I thought that I'd feel really tired but quite the opposite. I'm going skiing in 2 weeks and feel quite positive about it which I didn't at the beginning of January. And.....I put a smaller size pair of trousers on this morning! YIPPEE!!!!!!!:)

Blimey did those 8 minutes workouts how do you lift your legs and bum up off the floor in those abs ones jeeeeeeeeez lol

Okay well that showed me how unfit I am!! Did the arm one and leg one - arm one was easy but the leg one left me gasping! Plus I nearly fell on the cat lol
LOOOL!! aww poor kitty lmao.

They are a killer though aren't they? but hey, if it hurts, it works :D

OOh yasmine thanks for that link will use them on the days I don't run...I wanna be in such great shape for my 45th Birthday and all this will help. Rainbow you recovered yet lol?????
No probz, just do them about 3 times a week at least then gradually increase, I'm gonna do them everyday except sundays.

Don't know if anyone is interested in this
Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The Couch to 5k in 9 weeks running program[/FONT]

C25K, is a fantastic program that's been designed to get just about anyone from the couch to running 5 kilometers or 30 minutes in just 9 weeks.
With the help of the Couch to 5k program, In less than seven months, I went from a 47 year old, 104kg, 30 cigarettes a day sort of guy to an 82kg, 0 cigarettes, running 45 to 50 kilometers a week sort of guy. Ten months after finishing C25K I completed my first marathon.
And I'm not the only one, C25K has been responsible for getting thousands of couch potatoes up and running.
Its secret is that it's a gentle introduction to getting the body moving, starting off alternating between walking and running small distances, and slowly building up until after 8 weeks, you're ready to run 5 kilometers or 30 minutes non stop.
The reason for putting this site together is to try to create the definitive Couch to 5k resource on the web. For the novice, there's a lot of information available...it's just a matter of trying to find it all. That's where c25k.com will hopefully help. I've tried to collate links to just about all of the information you'll need for the Couch to 5k program, plus some other sites that I've found fantastic to assist my running after graduating from C25K.

Blimey did those 8 minutes workouts how do you lift your legs and bum up off the floor in those abs ones jeeeeeeeeez lol
LOOOOL! well, my legs are quite strong since I used to do Karate for 7 years. Keep doing them and remember to go at your own pace at first, then gradually increase the reps.

I did them today and it wasn't as tough as when I first did it, I guess my body is beginning to get used to it.

Since my work-out frenzy on Sunday night... I can't move. Not kidding. :(

Since my work-out frenzy on Sunday night... I can't move. Not kidding. :(
Aww don't worry, the pain will go, you should carry on but don't push yourself. The more you do the exercise the less painful and easier it gets.

I'm off to the gym in 10 mins with hubby. Look forward to it now and will be doing 3 sessions a week to begin with and upping all my times as soon as I can.

Last night I got my little sister (well, she's nearly 17) to agree to come swimming with me in Feb :) Here's hoping she sticks to it!

Yasmine - Yeah, I know it'll get easier it's just rather tempting to use it as an excuse not to do any more lol. Still, I'll be doing the 8 min vids and perhaps only 10 mins of x-trainer tonight xx

Back