Exercise Thread for Beginners...⛹🏻

I was lazy yesterday and drove everywhere.:classic_frown:

Today will be the same. I need to do a shop and I would walk but don't really know what so how much I am going to buy.:classic_roll_eyes:

Well so far I've done over 2 hours hours gardening it was hard work so hope it counts!

I tidied up 2 borders and planted over 50 late flowering daffodils - for some reason (I can't remember why :classic_roll_eyes: I planted them in compost in trays last autumn) would have much easier to plant the bulbs in the ground! Also planted about 50 Aldi bargain primulas then watered them in with a watering can - so lots of walking :classic_wink: and swept the paths.

Will do an exercise work out when I've got my breath back :classic_big_grin:

Thanks again to Dawn for setting up this thread - it's almost a month since I joined in and have done more exercise (albeit at a low level!) than I've done for ages!

Last edited:
I was lazy yesterday and drove everywhere.:classic_frown:

Today will be the same. I need to do a shop and I would walk but don't really know what so how much I am going to buy.:classic_roll_eyes:

Well we don't have to exercise every day do we? As a rule I think you're pretty active :whacky068:

Weather was so good I had to go out for a walk. :)

First one was to Sainsburys. The second was to b&q.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-25-10-35-35[1].png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-10-35-35[1].png
    915.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2018-03-25-13-03-22[1].png
    Screenshot_2018-03-25-13-03-22[1].png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Very impressive Mary - makes me feel like a lightweight :classic_confused:

Wlalked for 45 minutes today and did some gardening.

Oops wrong thread :classic_big_grin: I'll be back later!

Hi everyone. I started a little gentle excercise the last few days so will definitely join this thread. What I’ve been doing:
-Hula hooping- I used to hoop for hours before the kids were born but let it slide (along with everything else ;)) so when the kids are playing in the garden I pick it up. Only 5 mins or so at a time now but should be able to build up quite nicely, especially in summer!
- Carrying my toddler- I have always been a baby wearer and babe didn’t even use the pushchair til 8 months! He’s now 18 months so I back carry him when we’re out and about- walking carrying a 2st weight definitely going to improve my losses!
-Taking the stairs- one simple change that I hope to build into lifestyle long term.

I really want to get a cross trainer or excercise bike at home so I can excercise while watching TV in the evenings. Just gotta find a cheap second hand one!

As you'll have seen Dawn started off this thread - I'm sure she'll post soon but in the meantime I'll say welcome and good luck!

Yes you're certainly burning some cals and strengthening your muscles with all those activities - good luck!!

I'll do a strength session tonight.

I managed a 'strength' session today - feel like a walk at least a million steps too but won't count those ;)

Well done - I'm sure you burnt off loads of calories with all that activity!

I got my 30 mins exercise in today (just!)

I’ve been out walking every day just not put tracker on.

Went for a lovely walk this morning while the weather was nice. Drizzling here now.

Well done Mary - hope you're having a good time.

I walked over to Sainsburys and back. Then someone asked if I wanted to go out for a walk with them. She lives nearly 2 miles away and I was meeting her over there. I was just about to say yes but the sky opened up. :(

Well done both - nuisance about the rain - none here yet but the sky's looking rather grey!

I'm going to put an exercise dvd on when I've finished on here.

I am bored as with OH here I can't have music on too loud and I can't do a lot as he is in the lounge using the table. I need to make some birthday cards.:(

Oh dear :( perhaps you could buy some cheap headphones & share or take turns with the table??

Back