Fat Girls and Alcohol

its funny u say that cakeless! i am trying to be alcohol free for a month an this is my first weekend and its killing me!! Ive raided my entire fridge!

hehehe

luv katie

hmm may have a point with that - i dont drink at all - mainly because im slightly worried what would happen if i fell over how would they get the forklift down our street to pick me back up??

:p

I am finding one of the benefits of being off the alcohol is the money in my purse - it stays there! My last two nights out, last Saturday cost me nothing for my drinks - pints of soda water were Free!!! and last night pints of soda water were 50p ! Saving the money to buy new clothes :)

anyone else use their syns almost exclusively on alcohol? Feel bad writing that but it's true! I have one large wine nearly every evening with my dinner and then a night out with the girls on the weekend. It really is my downfall but I'm hoping I might get away with it

ooops! sorry i thought I was on slimming world forum. Apologies if none of that made any sense (about syns n all)

I go to uni, and I'm 99% sure that the reason I put on weight was the excessive drinking and then hangover munchies. But now I'm on CD SS I can't... Don't know how it's going to work out as I'm a little bit of a social butterfly & I'm not sure how to go out without having a few hundred vodkas.

Any suggestions from those who do drink regularly what to do when to go out?

Hi Hannah, I'm in a much similar situation to yourself and not sure how to move forward. I eat out on occasion but my biggest downfall is going down to the pub or drinking at home. I know if I cut out alcohol completely for a while I would have such a boost to my wait loss but I dont think I can!! It makes me sound like i'm totally dependent on it which isnt true but I do enjoy it a hell of a lot!! :party0016:
I dont think I could stand being in a pub where my friends are drinking and I am not. Oh not that sounds so bad!!

I have been a big drinker of lager and cider in the past and am partial to a few red wines but I need to find something with less calories in! :party0036:
I dont need to cut it out completely as I am on slimming world so could use some syns (but sometimes there isnt enough syns in a day!!)

with me my wine on a saturday is synned no problem, it is the food i eat with the alcohol is my downfall, sometimes i have to have no syns all the following week to countbalance the saturday night.

To be honest I find that drinking just lowers my resistnance to food altogether and to lose weight the only thing to do is stop drinking, give it a go as I have found it fine even when going out dancing and this is someone who used to drink a bottle of wine a night plus a couple of whiskies most nights of the week. Think I had just got into a habit and I am living proof that habits can be broken. Unless you try it you will never know, plus the money you save is incredible. I was out last night, on soda water as usual, and there was no charge for it so I put money in the charity box instead - quite a good feeling really! And I danced loads!

gotta admit I put alot of weight on through drinking when younger as well.

I was out 4-5 nights a week mostly on Cider/alcopops & vodka/full fat mixers...its not the food that kills me (well not all of it lol) its mainly the booze!!

Wine is my downfall. And (naughty, very naughty) I sometime skip snacks in the day so I still have enough calories left for wine!
someone tell me off please .....

I used to drink alchopops and rose wine, but then I read that things like VK's and WKD's are the same amount of calories as Mars Bars. I also go to uni so when I see people holding those kind of drinks I just imagine Mars Bars in their hands.

I now don't drink often, Ive managed to gain enough confidence to not need to go out drinking loads to go into town to go clubbing. If i do drink i tend to have a slimline G and T. I did have a glass of Weight Watchers Rose' the other week, but the next day felt rubbish and didnt even know why I drank it.

I used to drink alchopops and rose wine, but then I read that things like VK's and WKD's are the same amount of calories as Mars Bars. I also go to uni so when I see people holding those kind of drinks I just imagine Mars Bars in their hands.

I now don't drink often, Ive managed to gain enough confidence to not need to go out drinking loads to go into town to go clubbing. If i do drink i tend to have a slimline G and T. I did have a glass of Weight Watchers Rose' the other week, but the next day felt rubbish and didnt even know why I drank it.

Ahem...I'm way, way past clubbing...but saying that, still like to dance and go to the odd Ceildh.
I really like the visual of seeing a Mars Bar instead of a cocktail brings home the calorie content.:)

I drink a lot of fizzy water and think about the money I'm saving on booze that I can use for something else.

i drink almost every friday evening. either rum and diet coke or vodka and diet coke. i am on slim fast/low carbing and i only have the one shake instead of the two and just have one small meal around an hour before i start to drink so i dont go over my calorie or carb limit for the day! i do love my friday drink binges. yes its bad but i enjoy it and when i am that happy i dont think about the food i am missing out on and have only gone on a food binge when i have to do catering for my friday nights but i now tend to make food that i dont like so i wont pick at it :D

I usually have a slimline G&T before my evening meal but make sure it's light on the gin & heavy on the tonic.

Why not just drink a mixer with ice or lemon or both Sparkles? Lighter on the calories & on the purse. ;) Vodka gives me indigestion. :(

Have to say im a drinker big time lol

Back