Fat Girls and Alcohol

Oh Im a nightmare... if I go out I dont eat before I drink, most fridays I go out straight from work and get hammered, dont eat, I also cant eat when Ive been drinking.

So Im very different to how she said :)

Well I think alcohol definately did it for me - cider is very full of carbs and calories so I guess it should be no surprise. Now I have no alcohol most of the time - and on special occasions - like my birthday have white wine. Still not good - but better than cider. I hate g and t (though apparently sloe gin is not so vile), and hate anything with coke - so wine it is, but until goal weight only on VERY special occasions.

I'm an eater rather than a drinker. When I was 14 I was at a friends "sleepover" and everyone got drunk - everyone except me that is. Dealing with two guys trying (rather aggressively) to get into everyones pants, one girl having a severe asma (sp?) attack and two throwing up all over the place while fighting over the bathroom and one laying naked in the bath covered in sick has throughly put me off ever getting drunk. They were a little older than me but I had to be the adult and frankly it gave me a new view on alcohol. Pretty scary stuff when you're 14 and until that point rather sheltered!
These days I'll drink socially but only to the point of being tipsy, then I switch to lemonaide!

Funnily enough after an almost teetotal adult life I only started to drink in earnest when I began to low carb. I read that one could have vodka or gin (no carbs) and on nights when I just could not drop off to sleep I literally turned to the bottle!

Bad idea.

I was however morbidly obese for a lot of my teetotal years. I always drank low-cal, never sugary drinks nor even fruit juice ('too fattening'). I am now BMI 25. Have been for most of the last two years. So whilst I now have to deliberately avoid boozing too much my weight is consistently lower than it's been in years.

I think it depends on the type of drink, and how much/often. I used to hate the taste and smell of all booze and spirits in particular. I still hate all spirits apart from vodka. Do I wish I was still teetotal? Kinda, yeah. Am I happy to have lost ten stones? Absolutely.

Just occasionally, usually due to **** happening, I hit the bottle, I have a kitchen arriving on tuesday, not what I wanted for various reasons. Half a bottle of Irish Knights and proper irish whiskey mixed in and I am pished - first time in a loooooooooooooooooong while and I don't like it, have typed this letter by letter and corrected many times to get it right. ****.

I'm an eater rather than a drinker. When I was 14 I was at a friends "sleepover" and everyone got drunk - everyone except me that is. Dealing with two guys trying (rather aggressively) to get into everyones pants, one girl having a severe asma (sp?) attack and two throwing up all over the place while fighting over the bathroom and one laying naked in the bath covered in sick has throughly put me off ever getting drunk. They were a little older than me but I had to be the adult and frankly it gave me a new view on alcohol. Pretty scary stuff when you're 14 and until that point rather sheltered!
These days I'll drink socially but only to the point of being tipsy, then I switch to lemonaide!

Crikey, what an experience! I hope your 'friends' had the grace to thank you - once they'd regained their sanity.

Unfortunatley having an alcoholic in the family has put me off alcohol big time. I still have the occasional tipple - but it seems to be Christmas and birthdays - don't touch it the rest of the time.

I think alcohol might be the root of all my problems - when im hungover (quite frequently) I can eat all day and NEVER be full

I'd defintely take a drink over a meal anyday!! That would soooooo not be a good idea tho.

Back