Fed up with buying clothes because they cover me up!

Still 13 stone 6 pounds. When I look at what I ate yesterday it looks such a small amount. Will review the rice cakes but they are the Rude Health ones and I think are 5.2g.

Starting to wonder about trying Slimming World, mmmm. Going to give it until the end of the month and see what happens.

Have a great day.

Looking back at your menus I'd definitely say your

A) Not eating enough

B) Eating the wrong things if your still trying to lose a bit!

The rice cakes, porridge and cake things although low carb are not good at all for your glycogen levels, and quite stodgy.....there is also hardly any green leafy veg in your diet which is one of the keys along with plenty of water.

I know for a fact I'd gain/sts if I ate what you have, try going right back to basics!

Up your fat, meat, fish and greens and drink plenty of water. Steer clear of flour substitutes, rice in whatever form etc. I've been on induction for over 6 months now and I won't introduce anything until I hit goal......

J x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Totally agree with triage. Nice as rice cakes and crackers and porridge etc are, even if they're not too high in carbs individually they do add up and they just contain the wrong ingredients to work well with this diet.

For example if you ate only 20g carbs a day but all that 20g carbs was chocolate or white flour you'd most likely stall. That's because those things would raise your insulin level, which disrupts fat burning, and it would also burn those carbs off in preference to burning fat.

There are low carb diets where you can eat grains and things in moderation but they tend to have different rules to Atkins and might restrict fats or ask you to eat low fat versions etc.

The absolute worst thing you can do (and I am speaking from personal experience) is combine Atkins high fat with the things that would be considered healthy on other diets, like crispbreads and grains etc. They're something you only add back in when your starting to maintain.

You also need to make sure you are getting plenty of fat (once you've cut the other bits out) and are eating enough calories. The Atkins book recommends 1500 a day roughly. Eating small amounts is actually undesirable on this diet.

Good luck! Hopefully another read of the book will sort any problems out for you. It's so frustrating to put work in and not lose.

Thanks for the tips ladies. What I did was to re-introduce stuff that helped me lose weight at the beginning as I had stalled but this morning there is another pound gone. So moving in the right direction. Going to pop to Tesco later.

This is yesterday

B - coffee with Alpro
L - egg and chicken salad with mayo
S - jelly and creme fraiche
D - 2 fried eggs and selection of veg
There is probably more will try and remember and add to it.

Upped the water a bit yesterday and am going to up it again today. Think I will make the soya pancakes in Dr A's book today.

well done! :)
Glad to see it's coming off again

Ok, better start this morning

B - 3 egg omelette with cream and cheese but couldnt eat it all
already drunk nearly a litre of water already
L - for the first time in my life I forgot to eat lunch!!!!!!
D - sole fillet in dill sauce, with spinach, garlic mushrooms and spoon of mixed veg. SF jelly, handful raspberries and tspoon creme fraiche.
S - small pack of pork scratchings to up my fat intake
really worked hard on the water today

Last edited:
You will, you've been total atkins Cant see why not x

Keep it up and you'll be loosing loads!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

OMG! Lost another 2 lb this morning!!! Yippee!! I went just over 3 litres on the water yesterday and had pork scratchings to up the fat. Who knows if that did it (oh and a laxative bathroom break this morning!!). Now off to change my stats.

Congrats on your loss! Long may it continue...and be experienced by all ;)

*~*TL*~* *~dreaming of long term success~* mum of 4; wife; herbalist; Height: 166cm; Started: 16 Feb 2012; S/C/G: 116kg/109.5kg/65kg

Thank you TL.

B - About 10 raspberries and tea spoon creme fraiche
L - 2 egg omelette made with cream and small amount tomato and cheese inside
S - a Marmite cheese,3 rashers of bacon
D - chicken and avocado salad with mayo and some fatty bits out the bottom of the roasting tin! Yum yum
Just over 3 litres of water
Good paced walk for 1.30 hours

Last edited:
Well done TJM:)

Sounds like the wooshie fairy visited! Thats why atkins defines a stall as 4 weeks of no loss weight or inches!

Just needed to report the following;

My numb heel has completely gone away
my bras are no longer tight and in fact I am hooking them on the middle fastener now
I can now take off all of my rings
I can get into a lot of my old clothes - except one leather jacket and some Monsoon maxi dresses which I am determined to get into soon

DH is doing Atkins with me and we are both working hard at it. I am taking 4 vitamins a day and I look at all the junk food in the house and have no inclination to eat any of it. I am so focused on my end goal which is being able to wear a skirt that shows my knees!

Have a great day everyone.

B - 2 fried eggs
S - 30g bag pork scratchings
L - sf jelly, 15 raspberries and tea spoon creme fraiche
D - now we went out so not totally on plan but not too bad. Had a litre bottle of fizzy mineral water, a cheesy haddock thing to start, a burger with no bun and with salad and about 20 skinny fries followed by a cappuccino.
3litres water

Last edited:
Back