Flipflop's diary

The effect my weight has on my kids

Thanks Taz.:)

I want to put this post here because its my diary and I dont want to forget my reasons for losing weight.

I've never really put myself down in front of my kids but we were on holiday in Turkey recently and my DD8 was wearing some new pretty clothes. I made a comment saying I wish I could wear clothes like that and my DS10 turned round and said, but why cant you? I then said because I'm too fat, at which he just broke down crying incontrollably. I felt so bad, but couldnt get out of him for ages whether he didnt like me being fat or whether he was sad for me not being able to buy the clothes I want, or some other reason!

He struggles to talk about his feelings etc so he just laid there cuddling me for ages and I got from him that he was just upset about what I said, he doesnt mind what I look like. Bloody good job too I thought lol.

I think that is what kick started me to go on this diet. That and the fact I'm not happy being this size either and will be 40 next year.

Aw bless him, what a sensitive soul. I never ever talked about my weight before I started SW. I can only remember once talking about it and it was cos my TA at school was saying how she'd like to lose weight and I said that I wold too, and she was really surprised, she said that I gave the impression I was happy with my weight.... like who'd be happy being 5ft 5" and 18 stone! Now I talk about it a fair bit, but its cos I know I wont be this weight forever. My BF still cant see why Im dieting!! - bless him, must be love!

Sorry flipflop, enough of me talking bout me, I do that a lot Ive noticed, sorry, hope being dont think Im egocentric! Anyway, well done on losing another pound, and 8 pound in two weeks is brill xxx

lol, I hadnt noticed Rainbow :D

Well, walked all the way to the freakin docs today for SW vouchers, only to be told I need to make an appointment with some woman in the treatment room. So thats tomorrow morning. Another healthy walk to and from the docs, bet its raining tomorrow though!

Yay, I've just come back with SW vouchers from the nurse at the health centre. She said I just need to make an appointment with her in 12 weeks to get another lot of 12.

That's great! They will only give you the other 12 if you have a significant loss though I think cus someone else on here said that when they went back they wouldn't give them any more vouchers as she hadn't lost enough! There's an incentive for you! I'm sure you will lose loads though

(to Charisma) Found out that a woman in my Mums group got some vchrs from the docs, so made an appointment to see the doc yesterday which was a waste of time as you need to make an appointment with one of the nurses from the treatment room! She just explained to me that it was 12 weeks vouchers, then I could come back for another 12 weeks. Had to fill in a simple sheet that asked why I thought I was overweight, why I wanted to lose weight and how many times had I tried before. She then weighed me and that was it.

Thanks Taz, it all seemed too easy really. She said the docs had been giving them out to all and sundry, which was wrong, so she now deals with it.

I had to see the nurse for them too. All she done was weighed and measured me and told me to come back in 12 weeks. I have done really crap though so I very much doubt I will get any more vouchers

Well done Flip on your 8lb loss over the two weeks, you've done brilliant.. I have just picked up a 5lb bag of spuds, I know it is the old trick, but it is really heavy, I think sometimes we forget how heavy a 'lb' is...that is a brilliant loss in a fortnight, grab a glass of wine (syns 5 lol) and have a 'hotshot' and celebrate!! xxx

Back