Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Aw guys, yer all falling apart. :-(
I always found gargling salt and water helps. If u can stop gagging cos it's disgusting, then the salt is an antiseptic and sorts the infection. I used to get awful swollen glands cos of stress-literally every Xmas and June time-exam time in school and college!! Now I gargle salt and water if I even feel a minute scratch. Unfortunately frances it sounds like u mite need something stronger at thing stage but maybe nxt time if it happens again.

Laura it mite still work for u but sleep should also help.

And Sarah I'd stock up on vit c and fluids before u get any worse aswel-some awful doses goin around. We had it doin the rounds at work last month. :-(

Hope ye all feel better soon. xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ya it's really disgusted. It's basically an unmedicated version of gargling disprin so if u don't mind taking medications I try that! But I know some people prefer to not jump to meds straight away...
Hugs.... xxx

BoS83 said:
Aw guys, yer all falling apart. :-(
I always found gargling salt and water helps. If u can stop gagging cos it's disgusting, then the salt is an antiseptic and sorts the infection. I used to get awful swollen glands cos of stress-literally every Xmas and June time-exam time in school and college!! Now I gargle salt and water if I even feel a minute scratch. Unfortunately frances it sounds like u mite need something stronger at thing stage but maybe nxt time if it happens again.

Laura it mite still work for u but sleep should also help.

And Sarah I'd stock up on vit c and fluids before u get any worse aswel-some awful doses goin around. We had it doin the rounds at work last month. :-(

Hope ye all feel better soon. xx

Manhuka honey and lemon

Yeah Bróna I'm gargling salty water but its gross ugh!! Hoping that and sleep will let me go to my bootcamp tonight.
Laura, just back from the doctor.. He said "make sure not to eat ice cream or drink cold drinks as it will irritate the throat"
Guess who feels like an idiot after going thru half a tub (and 16pp's) of ice cream!!!!
Got an anti-biotic and sent on my way.. And for the pleasure paid him €50 :mad:
Manhuka honey and lemon
Usually find this really good but its done diddly squat this time round :(

My 7 yr old has had tonsillitis since last week and the doctor told him to eat plenty of ice cream????
I think these doctors need to make up their minds !

Dubs I've been eating ice-cream too so you are not on your own !!!
That was a lot of money :(
Feel better soon xx
I know its disgraceful isn't it?! But he's one of the cheaper doctors. I went to the walk in doctor that's in the business park where I work as to see my own doctor I'd be waiting til God knows what time... Usually its €55 to see the doc and then whatever the prescription costs.. To which there is no limit.. Tho if you are on a repeat prescription which costs over €110 (I think) monthly there is a scheme whereby you only pay €110pm n no more.. handy innit? NOT!!

Glad am not alone in the ice cream eating.. I thought it was a good thing as it was cooling me throat and while eating it, making me feel less sore.. But then when I'd stop I kept coughing.. Didn't put the 2 together at all tho.. We live n learn eh?!

A few Christmases ago I had the worst sore throat I'd ever had. I was drinking goldschlager it's some sort of clear liquor with gold leaf in it. I'm not really a liquor person but it was all I got a few moments relief from. I phoned the doctors for an appointment and they told me to go straight away but I couldn't coz I'd drunk too much, I wasn't drunk but had too much to drive, this was in the daytime out of pure desperation on an empty stomach too so they instantly did me a prescription over the phone and got it delivered to my house. I'm not one to suffer with my throat but that time it was horrendous.

Dubs I've been eating ice-cream too so you are not on your own !!!
That was a lot of money :(
Feel better soon xx
I know its disgraceful isn't it?! But he's one of the cheaper doctors. I went to the walk in doctor that's in the business park where I work as to see my own doctor I'd be waiting til God knows what time... Usually its €55 to see the doc and then whatever the prescription costs.. To which there is no limit.. Tho if you are on a repeat prescription which costs over €110 (I think) monthly there is a scheme whereby you only pay €110pm n no more.. handy innit? NOT!!

Glad am not alone in the ice cream eating.. I thought it was a good thing as it was cooling me throat and while eating it, making me feel less sore.. But then when I'd stop I kept coughing.. Didn't put the 2 together at all tho.. We live n learn eh?!

A few Christmases ago I had the worst sore throat I'd ever had. I was drinking goldschlager it's some sort of clear liquor with gold leaf in it. I'm not really a liquor person but it was all I got a few moments relief from. I phoned the doctors for an appointment and they told me to go straight away but I couldn't coz I'd drunk too much, I wasn't drunk but had too much to drive, this was in the daytime out of pure desperation on an empty stomach too so they instantly did me a prescription over the phone and got it delivered to my house. I'm not one to suffer with my throat but that time it was horrendous.
Ha ha ha ha... LOVE IT.. At least it'd make you sleep...

My 7 yr old has had tonsillitis since last week and the doctor told him to eat plenty of ice cream????
I think these doctors need to make up their minds !
Oh really Tracy? That's odd isn't it?! Maybe as he's a kid to make sure he's eating something?? Altho if it irritates it then that's not good...

It's €132-ish per month you don't pay over. I know this because my medication was very expensive for a while.

Its €45 to see the doctor in my town hon - I've heard Dublin is unreal at putting the prices above average!

I'd say you need that anti-biotic though... x

It's €132-ish per month you don't pay over. I know this because my medication was very expensive for a while.

Its €45 to see the doctor in my town hon - I've heard Dublin is unreal at putting the prices above average!

I'd say you need that anti-biotic though... x
I think the average charge is €55.. Tho I know some places that charge €65.. The doctor across the way (from work) charges €40 weekday and €45 weekends n bank holidays.. I get most of it back from VHI so its not too bad.. But still, its ridiculous the amount you have to pay to get medicine.. No wonder people wait n wait n wait.. I hate paying it

Dubchick81 said:
I think the average charge is EUR55.. Tho I know some places that charge EUR65.. The doctor across the way (from work) charges EUR40 weekday and EUR45 weekends n bank holidays.. I get most of it back from VHI so its not too bad.. But still, its ridiculous the amount you have to pay to get medicine.. No wonder people wait n wait n wait.. I hate paying it

Yeah I don't have vhi unfortunately. And I wouldn't get it now because I have a mental illness and I don't think they'd insure me. I think I can claim some of it back in tax but I dunno how lol

Yeah I don't have vhi unfortunately. And I wouldn't get it now because I have a mental illness and I don't think they'd insure me. I think I can claim some of it back in tax but I dunno how lol
Yea was just reading about that in the surgery actually.. You need a Med1 form.. You can backdate as far back as 4 years.. But you need to have all your receipts etc I think

Yea was just reading about that in the surgery actually.. You need a Med1 form.. You can backdate as far back as 4 years.. But you need to have all your receipts etc I think

I have kept most of my receipts from my doctors visits this year luckily enough... I'll just have to figure out how to claim it back (don't think I can claim it until this tax year is up).

PS.. Let me just point out I only have VHI as my job pays it.. I couldn't be affording things like it at the price they charge...

Ah yes I forgot you told me that before. We don't have that where I work unfortunately - wish we did! It's very expensive - don't think I could afford it even if they would insure me lol...

Dubchick81 said:
Laura, just back from the doctor.. He said "make sure not to eat ice cream or drink cold drinks as it will irritate the throat"
Guess who feels like an idiot after going thru half a tub (and 16pp's) of ice cream!!!!
Got an anti-biotic and sent on my way.. And for the pleasure paid him EUR50 :mad:

Usually find this really good but its done diddly squat this time round :(

:( get a higher strength one I have 15 it does the trick, I've heard good things about colloidal silver

:( get a higher strength one I have 15 it does the trick, I've heard good things about colloidal silver
Yea the one I have is 15 hun.. Not doing nothing.. And i've forgotten it so am just having some normal honey with drops of lemon in hot water.. Soothing while drinking but not doing much else...

Back