Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81 said:
Just had a yummilicious lunch.. I had a wholemeal bagel with a slice of light white cheddar cheese melted under the grill, and "fried" bacon.. it was heavenly :)

I'm jealous,this sounds very yummy indeed!

I'm jealous,this sounds very yummy indeed!
Ooh it was.. Great the variety you can have when you go home at lunch time.. Altho it does take up half my fricken lunch!!
And I started book 2 of the Grey series...

Hope things get sorted to ur advantage on the house issue. Great u can go home at lunch. Beats having the same boring sandwich every day:)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Dubchick81 said:
Ooh it was.. Great the variety you can have when you go home at lunch time.. Altho it does take up half my fricken lunch!!
And I started book 2 of the Grey series...

I've heard the second book is better then the first one.Good to have variety with lunch,shame it takes up more of your time though!

Hope things get sorted to ur advantage on the house issue. Great u can go home at lunch. Beats having the same boring sandwich every day:)

Sent from my GT-S5570 using MiniMins

Me too.. Will keep you all posted..

Hope you're well Sinead? x
I've heard the second book is better then the first one.Good to have variety with lunch,shame it takes up more of your time though!
Yea its great.. Its only 10 mins down the road.. Sometimes 15 depending on traffic so its not too bad.. And puppy needs to be fed so can't be helped :)

Dubchick81 said:
Me too.. Will keep you all posted..

Hope you're well Sinead? x

Yea its great.. Its only 10 mins down the road.. Sometimes 15 depending on traffic so its not too bad.. And puppy needs to be fed so can't be helped :)

Yea least you can get home to the pup so that's good,plus it gets you away from the work place :0)

yeah all good with me, my 2nd weigh in is tonight and know i will be up but got my periods yesterday so at least i know the reason why i will have gained ... hate evening weigh ins, i just know i dont have the willpower at the moment to do it myself at home, such a waste of 10e a week!!! i have 10 months to my own wedding and only 4 months until i'm bridesmaid for my friends so im gonna have to be good until then.

The house situation sounds a nightmare. Hope you get it sorted. Have you tried chasing things up through your solicitors? He really doesn't have much incentive to hurry things up as other people have said but dealing directly with solictors might be more straight forward. Sounds like you treading a delicate line between being assertive and holding your ground on this one or having to move back somewhere you really don't want to go.

Very funny that Stringer had accident at the MIL's! I suspect there are many people in the world that would happily train their dogs to do that... Not that I am implying you had anything to do with it ;)

Anymore news on house? Xx

The house situation sounds a nightmare. Hope you get it sorted. Have you tried chasing things up through your solicitors? He really doesn't have much incentive to hurry things up as other people have said but dealing directly with solictors might be more straight forward. Sounds like you treading a delicate line between being assertive and holding your ground on this one or having to move back somewhere you really don't want to go.

Very funny that Stringer had accident at the MIL's! I suspect there are many people in the world that would happily train their dogs to do that... Not that I am implying you had anything to do with it ;)
Atomic_pink we've been chasing solicitors non stop.. Dunno how many v. msg's we'v left between us both.. They just don't return calls at all.. Bigger nightmare they are!!!

Anymore news on house? Xx

Jonathan's gona ring the "landlord" today and tell him we really don't have another €800 to give him. We were fully expecting all of this to be signed off n completed by now. So we'll give him €400 now, and €450 at the end of next month, when its completed. If he doesn't agree to that he's gona tell him OK fair enough. We're still interested in buying the house but we're not paying rent indefinitely and we'll be out by the weekend. So its his choice.. There are a couple of house around that area too that have since gone up for sale so we're go view them... 1 is the same price, and the other is allot cheaper (€60k cheaper in asking prices), in need of allot of work but nothing too major n nothing structural so nothing too costly.. Only thing is.. it could mean even more months waiting around..
Don't get me wrong.. if this house clears all issues in the matter of weeks then we'll take it..We still love it.. Its just been a massive pain in our ar5es!

Wednesday, July 25th

W: 2Ltr

B: Porridge - 3pp

L: Wholemeal bagel, bacon, light cheese, ex light mayo - 8pp

D: Pesto chicken on ciabatta (15) Skinnicino (2) - 17pp

S: 2x McVities Mini Chocolate Croissants - 4pp

Total: 32/29

Dubchick81 said:
Atomic_pink we've been chasing solicitors non stop.. Dunno how many v. msg's we'v left between us both.. They just don't return calls at all.. Bigger nightmare they are!!!

Jonathan's gona ring the "landlord" today and tell him we really don't have another EUR800 to give him. We were fully expecting all of this to be signed off n completed by now. So we'll give him EUR400 now, and EUR450 at the end of next month, when its completed. If he doesn't agree to that he's gona tell him OK fair enough. We're still interested in buying the house but we're not paying rent indefinitely and we'll be out by the weekend. So its his choice.. There are a couple of house around that area too that have since gone up for sale so we're go view them... 1 is the same price, and the other is allot cheaper (EUR60k cheaper in asking prices), in need of allot of work but nothing too major n nothing structural so nothing too costly.. Only thing is.. it could mean even more months waiting around..
Don't get me wrong.. if this house clears all issues in the matter of weeks then we'll take it..We still love it.. Its just been a massive pain in our ar5es!

Fingers crossed that the landlord(!) is reasonable later :0)

Exactly! And I can get packing so we're out sooner rather than later too... :( Not ideal but if it makes them get their finger out! And I mean, he's still negotiating with his bank! So this could all very easily fall thru

That don't sound so good,well like you say it will hopefully make them pull their finger out and get it all finalised!
Yea. Its something to do with the fact its negative equity so he has to make an agreement with his bank so for all we know the bank will reposess the house or something...

Dubchick81 said:
W: 1.75lt

B: Porridge - 4pp

L: WHolemeal bagel, with ham - 6pp

D: Baked potato (4) Salmon in lemon n pepper marinade (9) Veg - 13pp

S: Chocolate shortcake biscuit thing (3) - 3pp

Total: 26/29

What did you think of the salmon?

Back