Frances' New House, New Life, New Start Diary...

Dubchick81 said:
Yea. Its something to do with the fact its negative equity so he has to make an agreement with his bank so for all we know the bank will reposess the house or something...

Well if it does fall through it means that there's a different home out there that is right for you but I hope it doesn't come to that.

What did you think of the salmon?
Yea it was really nice.. I got one marinated just to kinda flavour it JUST IN CASE.. But it was really nice.. Will definitely have it again.. it was an Iceland own brand one I got.. So I'll get a fresh salmon fillet now n cook it myself.. At least now I know I'll like it so won't mind paying the money.. It can be quite expensive can't it

Dubchick81 said:
Yea it was really nice.. I got one marinated just to kinda flavour it JUST IN CASE.. But it was really nice.. Will definitely have it again.. it was an Iceland own brand one I got.. So I'll get a fresh salmon fillet now n cook it myself.. At least now I know I'll like it so won't mind paying the money.. It can be quite expensive can't it

Yea it can be so I think you did it the right way around.Thats good that you like it.I really should try 'proper' tuna steaks sometime.

bulldogdaisy said:
Yea it can be so I think you did it the right way around.Thats good that you like it.I really should try 'proper' tuna steaks sometime.

Eek! Just looked them up,quite expensive so might stick with the ones in sauce lol

Eek! Just looked them up,quite expensive so might stick with the ones in sauce lol
I've only ever had tinned tuna.. Would like to try "real" tuna sometime tho.. Will stick with experimenting on salmon for now tho.. :)

Your food diaries are looking good hon - I think I'm due a gain this week after a pretty bad week of eating - I feel REALLY heavy and haven't been to the loo in days which I hate - got pains in my lower tummy :(

I love salmon, yum! But it is quite expensive unfortunately :(
I might have salmon for dinner... mm... The donegal catch BBQ salmons are very delicious and handy cuz they're can be whacked into the oven straight from the freezer ;)

Your food diaries are looking good hon - I think I'm due a gain this week after a pretty bad week of eating - I feel REALLY heavy and haven't been to the loo in days which I hate - got pains in my lower tummy :(

I love salmon, yum! But it is quite expensive unfortunately :(
I might have salmon for dinner... mm... The donegal catch BBQ salmons are very delicious and handy cuz they're can be whacked into the oven straight from the freezer ;)
Yea not been too bad I s'pose.. Still expecting a gain tho.. Don't feel like I've lost.. Tho I was down .4lb today (taking it as half as I'm round up/down..) May be eating out tonight so if I am that'll be my official WI.. If not, i'll weigh in the morning again...

I don't like BBQ flavour anything so doubt I'd like them.. but ta for the tip :)
Those Iceland salmon fillet things are 2 for €1.50 and like Donegal Catch you cook straight from frozen.. So handy enough.. :)

Yea not been too bad I s'pose.. Still expecting a gain tho.. Don't feel like I've lost.. Tho I was down .4lb today (taking it as half as I'm round up/down..) May be eating out tonight so if I am that'll be my official WI.. If not, i'll weigh in the morning again...

I don't like BBQ flavour anything so doubt I'd like them.. but ta for the tip :)
Those Iceland salmon fillet things are 2 for €1.50 and like Donegal Catch you cook straight from frozen.. So handy enough.. :)

A loss is a loss hon!! I definitely haven't lost - gained if anything so I think best I can hope for is STS (fingers crossed). I dunno how to make my body GO to the friggin LOO though and too afraid to take a laxative. But it feels horrid, all heavy and bloated and sore. What dya reckon? Is there anything I can do that'll ease it?

I love BBQ... you're mad hehe! 2 for 1.50 is really cheap. It's like a tenner for a 4 pack bag of donegal catch! Pity there's no iceland around here!

A loss is a loss hon!! I definitely haven't lost - gained if anything so I think best I can hope for is STS (fingers crossed). I dunno how to make my body GO to the friggin LOO though and too afraid to take a laxative. But it feels horrid, all heavy and bloated and sore. What dya reckon? Is there anything I can do that'll ease it?

I love BBQ... you're mad hehe! 2 for 1.50 is really cheap. It's like a tenner for a 4 pack bag of donegal catch! Pity there's no iceland around here!
Would you even take a mild laxative? Like fibogel drinks or something? They're really mild.. Or eat pineapple? (apparently a natural laxative).. Drink prune juice? Eat prunes? DON'T eat any bread products/pasta as I find they tend to bung u up even more

Dubchick81 said:
I've only ever had tinned tuna.. Would like to try "real" tuna sometime tho.. Will stick with experimenting on salmon for now tho.. :)

I've had the Tescos tuna steak in a sauce a few times,it's very nice.Well done on the weight loss.Where might you be off to tonight then Hun?

Have plans to go shopping with my friend.. But think we may be moving out tomoro/saturday so may have to cancel n get packing...
LOOOONNNNGG story but look like it could into a third month of paying rent and just can't be arsed with that.. We've enough money worries without paying rent as well

Erghi did hope that wasn't going to happen,where are you going to go? You still buying the place?sorry for all the questions.

Erghi did hope that wasn't going to happen,where are you going to go? You still buying the place?sorry for all the questions.
You're fine hun.. Not sure yet where I'll go.. Have spoken to my Dad and he's said its no problem to go there.. So if I can't get anywhere else, then it'll be home..
As for buying the house, not sure.. We're still interested but he wants us to keep this from our solicitor "for now".. So I duno..
I certainly won't be signing a contract or a mortgage for €150K without my solicitor knowing the full story.. So we'll see.. But in the meantime we will keep an eye out for whats on offer

Dubchick81 said:
You're fine hun.. Not sure yet where I'll go.. Have spoken to my Dad and he's said its no problem to go there.. So if I can't get anywhere else, then it'll be home..
As for buying the house, not sure.. We're still interested but he wants us to keep this from our solicitor "for now".. So I duno..
I certainly won't be signing a contract or a mortgage for EUR150K without my solicitor knowing the full story.. So we'll see.. But in the meantime we will keep an eye out for whats on offer

Ok at least you are sorted for somewhere to stay.Hmm the bloke sounds a bit dodgy there,yea don't lose out on anything just cos he wants you both to keep quiet.

Yea see it was all a bit weird anyway to begin with.. We agreed a price with him, gave our deposit.. And then it turned out he (Derek O'Neill) was selling to a third party (Lenor Pittam) and she would sell to us at the previously agreed price...
Now it turns out, as its a negative equity property he has to strike a deal with his bank.. Which he had all done and it was all agreed.. But then the head guy in the bank realised that the purchaser (Derek O'Neill) had previously gone guaranteur for the vendor (Lenor Pittam) on a previous mortgage application.. So the deal that was struck has now been declined.. hense the delay...
He's sorting out a new person to "buy" the house from him that he hasn't been linked to and they will now be the person we buy from (shud we choose to go ahead) So Derek O'Neill has to now find a new solicitor to go thru that doesn't know these details.. he has also asked that we say nothing to our solicitor for now (altho i'm not sure he means "for now").. So he's hoping it will only be a matter of weeks til its sorted.. But no doubt more than a month.. So potentially it could go into a third months rent meaning we've spent €2,550 on paying his mortgage and are still no better off.. We're not prepared to do that so we're out!

All sounds a bit wrong to me,just be careful and there is no way you guys should be paying his mortgage and certainly not for a few more months!

I know.. I just said to Jonathan I'm raging we didn't run a mile after we first found out about the middle person.. its certainly been a rollercoaster with this house.. And now I think its got to a point where we're thinking "well we've waited this long..."

Hindsight is a wonderful thing so the saying goes! It's just a pain that it's been so complicated and for so long.So onto something alot less stressy for you.how's Stringer today? Is the sun out yet 'over there' hun?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing so the saying goes! It's just a pain that it's been so complicated and for so long.So onto something alot less stressy for you.how's Stringer today? Is the sun out yet 'over there' hun?
Stringer is grand.. Hyper as ever.. Doing really well on the toilet/house training.. Well, when I'm in the house anyway!! lol

Yea its a fab day here.. Was very tempted to call in sick today :)

Back