General W/C: 25th September 2006

Diet wise.....2 packs yesterday which I really enjoyed, salmon, broccoli & half a jacket...no butter last night....loads water and this morning I'm 2lbs down! since Tuesday YIPPEE!!!! Feeling more like a Wemitt again!

Love to all

Kamilla xx
Good luck for the hospital ((hugs))

Aren't you meant to have 3 packs and a meal? that's what i've been told! :confused:
I had two shakes, a frozen shake for pudding after my chicken and broccoli. :)

Hmmm...

10,8 this morning so pleased with that but I STILL don't like my figure. I took my bikini pic to cheer me up & make me feel better & in fact (like I did when I was fat!) I thought my body looked better than it does. Am now slightly depressed at how much tone I need & fat I still have to lose! Even at only 10 stone something my thighs still rub when it's hot... Feeling a bit dull today!

Public Album

(You know when you started LL the Counsellor often had a piece of fat on the table - that bikini pic of me is the equivalent of Ann's loss! That still gobsmacks me every time I see it!)

From one very large piece of fat!
Love xxx

Good luck for the hospital ((hugs))

Aren't you meant to have 3 packs and a meal? that's what i've been told! :confused:
I had two shakes, a frozen shake for pudding after my chicken and broccoli. :)

Oh sorry love! I'm doing 1200 cal. Have to work back down to ssing after op.
Hope the hosp went ok.
Kam x

Kam - ahhh that makes sense now! :D

Hosp was fine but they are referring me for an MRI and it's worrying me a little. Everytime i get it in my head i know what they'll do they surprise me! :( I am having a mamo too, but he said that the MRI will pick up 'things' that the mamo doesn't. Also he said that it was following a letter from the genetics team. As my mum has already passed away 6 years ago now, the genetics team were trying to dig around her old records to see if there was any area's for concern.
As I say it's worried me somewhat, as she had B/C at a young age, and then had thyroid cancer later on. She also had bowel, lung and brain mets in the end. I know bowel cancer can be genetic.. so now i'm wondering if this is part of my screening with the MRI. Consultant said it'd be done each time i have my mamo.

Sorry.. this is off topic. But i know you'll undersatnd how it's left me feeling.

Well, am off riding in an hour.. so better get my skates on! lol

((Hugs))

PH - there isn't any "off topic" for the WeMitts. Anything that is on your mind, and you want to share with us, is fine. I am pleased you felt able to share your anxieties with your fellow WEMitts, we CARE about you.
It's no good telling you not to worry, because you will, but be heartened by the fact that we are all thinking of you and wishing you well. Maken sure you keep us inofrmed about events, and the effect these events are having on your feelings. Be strong, and try to be positive - but if you feel weak and negative - come on here and share it with us.
Ann xxx

Anja, you are a total babe! Maybe if it makes you feel better do a few toning exercises or swimming etc but you most certainly are not fat!!! You are gorgeous! Everybody gets those "feeling fat" days but in your case you certanly are NOT fat!!!! I would love to have a figure like yours! xx Hope you feel a bit cheerier soon xx

Purple hugs, I echo everything Ann has written, wishing you all the best for your mri and hope you aren't too stressed out xx

Kam, your post really does sound perky, I am really happy to see your spirits lighten after all you've been through xx

Barb, happy wedding anniversary to you and mr Barb for tomorrow in case I don't manage to get online to say it tomorrow xx hope you have a lovely day.

*Waves madly to all the other wemitts*, hope you all have a fab weekend!!!

Hi PH
Wishing you all the best babe,as Ann has said you can share it with us we will be here for you.I know it is easy for me to say but try not to worrie to much.
{{{HUGS}}}

Hi Purple Hugs,
Sorry you had to have a MRI scan. But saying that it shows the hospital are doing there job. I had one as well very noisy! but it showed everything was ok the odd bit of artheris (sp) setting in my knees and lower back but I knew that already all my organs were ok. Please don't ever think your off subject! blimey I'm Mrs OT! We all think loads of you and what you do. :)
Kamilla xxx

Last edited:
Mrs T....I am happy for a change seems a long time since I could say that! and mean it.

Well the end of what seems to have been a manic day and I'm knackered! Did everything I wanted to do except the most important!....swimming. Bumped into mates and ended up having them round for lunch. Everyone brought something and we had bit of a feast...oh dear!! too many carbs but not feeling at all guilty just FAT and FULL!

So back on track in the morning another few weeks to get back down to ssing YIPPEE! Can't wait really hoping I can do it this time!

Right off to slob on the sofa! :rolleyes:

Kamilla xx

Hi Purple Hugs,
Sorry you had to have a MRI scan. But saying that it shows the hospital are doing there job. I had one as well very nosiy! but it showed everything was ok the odd bit of artheris (sp) setting in my knees and lower back but I knew that already all my organs were ok. Please don't ever think your off subject! blimey I'm Mrs OT! We all think loads of you and what you do. :)
Kamilla xxx
Thanks Kam, Haven't had it yet.. waiting for the appointment.
I was hoping you'd say it was normal! :D it really worried me at first.

Hi peeps
Wemitt RD checking in :D

Anja - You are so 'the pixie girl' ... I've said it once and I'm saying it again - you are so cute it's almost criminal! :) You have a fab figure ... very feminine and curvy and not a bit of cellulite or a stretch mark anywhere! <envy, envy!!>

Kam - Hope you're feeling well after your hectic day. Your posts are like little shiny beacons at the moment - it's a joy to see :)

PH - Big hugs coming your way: it's never nice having tests etc done ... all that uncertainty is unsettling. But at least the medical bods are on the case and ready to take immedicate action if need be - you're in my thoughts right now.

Barb - Happy Anniversary to you and Mr Barb: have a fab, fab day and don't stress over the diet thing - it's a very special occasion and deserving of a treat. You're switched on and motivated enough to have a planned treat and get right back on track. :)

Libbie - Just thought I'd say hello and thank you for being such a fantastic, supportive wemitt: what an asset you are to our merry band!

*Waving madly back at Mrs T!*
Hope all is well Mrs T and you're settling in to your new home. How relieved you must be to have seen the last of the Beverley Hillbillies!

Well wemitts, I had my gym induction today and it went pretty well. The equipment at the Uni is very state-of-the-art and lovely to use. No clanking or creaking (not from the equipment anyway - my joints are a different matter!)

The trainer was a very handsome young man and all the other people in there working-out were also beautiful, toned and very, very young! Not one of them threw me a funny look so I soon relaxed and got on with my work-out. I suppose no-one has reason to mock anyone else at a gym - after all, everyone is there for the same reason: to get fit and improve their health.

So now I just have to make a conscious effort to get my butt in there at least twice a week and tone up some very neglected muscles! I think I'll have to make my slogan 'NO EXCUSES' as I'm sure my chatterbox will try and offer some!

Catch you all later!

XX

Well done Debbie - you'll get so you actually look forward to going you know. Not so much because you enjoy working out, but you want the feeling you get AFTER you've worked out, had a shower etc. - it's wonderful.
Do you know, I'm actually going to MISS going to the gym whilst I am away - can't believe I'm saying that!!!!!
I've had a visit from a PR person from Cambridge today, they are going to do a "story" about me Don't know if it will be published anywhere, but if my story can help someone else, I don't mind. She was very interested in the WeMitts as a group as well.
Ann xxx

Hi Ann
I know what you mean about the gym being addictive: I used to go four times a week for two years when I was up North: I loved it!

I found the work-out today a lot easier than in the past. Maybe partly because the equipment is so fab and partly because I'm considerably lighter!

Five minutes on a cross trainer and I'd barely broken into a sweat and I was able to go further / faster on ALL the machines I'd used in the past. I didn't go mad though and only did enough to make me breath a little heavier and not 'pant'.

The resistance machines were top-notch ... I love doing the weights and toning exercises!
I'm actually looking forward to my next work-out and have booked a one-to-one session with a trainer to devise a more effective individual programme (only cost me £7.50 student rate!).
I might even have a go at running on a treadmill (I've bought some Tena lady in preparation! LOL)

How interesting about the CD person coming to see you! Keep us posted on that one!!

Went off to bed hot choc...cambridge pack! in hand only to find the boys are still up! watching a film in bed so thought I'd pop back and say hi. So tired though really want my bed but don't like to go to bed when I know they are still up and Andy is working very late tonight....he's working on the Xmas Asda commercial! scary its coming round fast! Promise you won't all laugh but......I've made and addressed all my cards already!! And done some shopping!

Ann...just reading your menus for the last few days...looking good! and tasty. Can't wait to see you in November. Have a good time with your grandaughter tomorrow.

Debbie...well done on getting down that gym! I am going to get to the pool on Sunday as really missed todays swim. Off out walking with my friend Sandra now every Tuesday evening....of course depending on our hubby's being home to have the kids! Poor dog has been walked so much this week he's started hiding when I call walkies!!! You are sweet saying my posts are like little shiny beacons! You know I hide things from here! But hand on heart apart from a few things that will take some sorting out (you know) I feel really well. Have however backed out of Cub camp next weekend as I don't feel up to climbing & abseiling yet! But deeply disappointed as I love a camp! So instead I've been booked on a training course! so not the Cub free weekend I thought after all.

Anja...I agree with Debbie! you are now know as PIXIE Wemitt! Happy shopping tomorrow!

Mrs T...its so lovely seeing you back amongst the Wemitts again.

Barb....HAPPY ANNIVERSAY again! ENJOY!

Oh forgot to say! Not sure if you rememeber but I got offered a job a few weeks back. Unable to accept due to not being 100% anyway got a lovely letter today saying they stillwant me...when I feeling 100%. Very chuffed.

Everyone else may I wish you a Wemitt nite nite!

Kamilla xx

Of course they still want you Kam ..... they know a good thing when they see it!!

Nice little confidence booster though eh?

lol at the wemitt nicknames! ;)
Kam, I'm glad the job people are wise enough to know a good thing when they see it!

Russiandoll - thanks for the words. :) much appreciated.

I'm feeling a lot better. I looked up MRI's for breast screening on the net, and it's a new way they are checking for early early signs... so nothing sinister. :D I can't tell you how relieved i am! lol

Baby actually went 4 hours between her feed tonight so i'm off to bed now, hoping she makes it till around 5 lol would be nice! :D I went to bed at 9.30 - sorry i missed your call kam ((hugs)).

We have our special needs girl tomorrow too, so a busy day again.

Had a wicked riding lesson earlier, lots of trot.. but a different horse, so i bottled canter.. lol didn't mind though we worked on a super fast trot.. as that is what takes my breath way when we are preparing for canter. :p Got about a 50 min private lesson for the price of 30.. as i was the 'end of the day' one and my riding instructor is lovely! lol

I've been good at sticking to AAM this time.. actually doing it right and my ketosis level is high so that's good! Should make a loss this week.... fingers x'd it's a good one! :p

Night all.. or good morning! lol

Back