General: Week starting Mon 21st August 2006

Hi Kami, you poor little thing, what a bloody horrible day. I am so sorry for you. You are very brave to put up with all this medical stuff, I would be whining my head off! Hope you feel a little better this evening and can relax and watch some telly and chill. Thinking of you, love

Thanks Jude & Barb,
Jude....numb boob is a total mare! and I have that itching thing too and electric shock feeling weird! My consultant says it were the nerve was severed in the operation and it never goes away! great. Been having really bad chest pains since I got home so much so I called NHS direct who wanted to call me an ambulance! :eek: Declined and popped to see GP. Who said it was a muscle strain from being tense from having needles stuck in me! So going to take Barbs advice and chill in front of the telly.
Kamilla xx

Morning Kam
How are you today? Sorry I didn't post on your horrible experience when you went to the hospital but I had some bad news about my dad and sort of went into my shell a bit.

I can't even imagine how awful this whole experience must be for you ... and yet you still come bouncing back like 'Rocky' on E! I admire your strength and sheer grit.

I tried the new Oriental Chilli soup last night. Ummm - it was 'ok': very coriander-y (and I'm not a great fan of coriander) but pleasant enough.
Kept 'repeating' on me later though. I didn't dislike it but I think I'll be sticking to my veggie broth.

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi Kam, how are you today? Hope you feel tons better. Debbie, I hope you are ok too, don't want to pry but really hope your Dad is alright.
Love

Hi Barb
My dad isn't very well at all I'm afraid. He's had prostate cancer for several years: it was quite advanced when it was diagnosed - he must have had the symptoms for ages but you know what men are like when it comes to seeing a doc about 'embarrassing' things. Now I'm afraid he's paying the price.

By the time it was diagnosed, it had already moved into his bones as a secondary. They've held it in check with hormone implants for 4 years which is great but recently he's been deteriorating as the cancer has moved into his pelvis and spine.

He can't walk very well now and it's painful for him to sit, stand or lie down. The strong painkillers he's taking aren't touching it so the doctor is visiting him today to talk about morphine and radiotherapy. My dad has also applied for a disabled sticker for his car and the doctor has used a 'special circumstances' form: these are commonly used in cases where life expectancy is 6 months or less so the person can 'queue jump' get some use out of the sticker. This is what I found out yesterday.

My mum is in total denial. I mean, she knows he's ill but she acts as if he'll be around forever. They got married after knowing each other for only nine days and have been together for almost 46 years - they are true 'soul mates'. At only 66 years old, my dad isn't exactly geriatric and only retired a year ago: I'm gutted that his reirement hasn't turned out to be the carefree time it should be.

So now I feel like I'm just 'holding my breath', waiting to see how things develop. But watching my dad, who only a couple of years ago was leaping into his swimming pool shouting 'Banzai!!' and racing around the garden on a kids bike to the delight of his grandchildren, becoming a frail old man in constant pain is very hard to take.

Sorry to have rambled on: it's been nice to get this off my chest.

Debbie, Just read about your Dad. And really don't know what to say apart from I'm here if you need to talk. You've got my number please call if you need to shout!

Love from Kamilla xx

Oh Debbie, my heart goes out to you. It is most unfair that your Dad should be suffering like this at such a young age and I imagine the pressure is going to be on you to support and care for your Mum. My parents are older than yours and have been married for 62 years. My Dad has the same condition as your Dad, (funny I can't bear to see the actual worrds in front of me - silly isn't it?) only just diagnosed, I too am holding my breath awaiting the doctors verdicts. It's not bloody fair is it. I send my love, my best wishes and my hopes that by some miracle things aren't quite as bad for you as they seem at the moment.

Debbie
I know how you are feeling as I'm going through it at the moment with my mam. And i am struggling with the stress of it all. I am an only one and my dad died 18 years ago so feel my whole life is revolving around her and she lives 50 mile away. But i take it a day at a time like I do the diet.
Big ((((hugs))))
Irene xx

Hey Debbie , Irene and Barb ,
I am sorry that your parents are so ill i hope that a miracle is around the corner for each of you .
You are all such caring people i think if anyone deserves a miracle you do xxx

Hey Kam,
sorry that there is another GA on its way i hope its the last one for you x

Thinking of you all xxx

Love to all the wemitts xxx

I've only just had a chance to read through all of the recent posts and I am so sorry that you are having a difficult time.

Debbie, Irene, Barb - I really hope that you receive some better news soon about your parents ((hugs)).

Kamilla - You poor thing. I hope your resting up well and looking after yourself. I don't know how you do it! ((hugs))

Jazzy xx

Hiya Jazzy,

Not the best time for some of the Wemitts but were all sticking together. Which shows what a strong bunch we all are.

Resting up! me nah.....too much to sort out before my op on 4th Sept. Will be rushing around like a woman possessed for the next week....cleaning , getting the kids stuff ready for school, trying to find something to wear for mates wedding in three weeks :eek: bummer as was hoping to be a 16 by then but just in an 18 comfortably but that does open my options as wear to buy other than Evans! Off out with my Mum today for a marathon try on! need shoes too as all mine are now too big!! 7 now instead of 8 1/2!

Kandy...thanks Hun. If only it was the last GA! I'm booked in for Jan 07 for a knee op! But fingers crossed it will be cancelled if I keep losing weight as the pain is getting better as I lose.

Better go and pick my Mum up!

Love to all Wemitt's

Kamilla xx

Kamilla - You do make me laugh. You never know you may reach size 16 in three weeks. Just remember to keep any receits for items that you buy, you never know you could be out doing a mad dash the day before the wedding trying to change them to a smaller size :D !!! At least try and get a little rest before your op.

I think this diet is doing strange things to my mind, I got in the shower this morning and while washing my hair I felt like there was something not right. It took me at least 20 seconds to realise that I still had my pyjama bottoms on, they were soaked through. I had a good chuckle about that one. The good news is had weigh in this morning and have lost 2lb. Which is small compared to my previous losses but it's a loss and I know that it is probably water retention, various things could have caused that this week. Hopefully next week I will get out of having a triple figured number to lose in the sense of pounds and will move into double figures..... Hooray.

Hope everything is going ok for all Wemitts.

Jazzy xx

Hi all

Sorry to hear that some of you are going through tough times at the moment. Debbie, Irene and Barb, thinking of you and sending you big warm hugs, take care of yourselves as well as your loved ones. Kam thinking of you as well, fingers crossed you won't need any more operations.

Barbaraj is going clothes shopping on her day off tomorrow:eek:. I don't really want to buy loads of clothes as I view this as a transition and so its a waste of money. But I am now getting to the stage where I have to buy some new tops at least so I am going out for a bit of a splurge. I am going to try them on and buy the size smaller as I have plenty for the next month but after that its a bit scarce. Its funny as I feel really nervous about it, I used to love going shopping and used to get a real buzz coming home with my hoard but all my shopping trips over the last couple of years have ended up with me feeling totally depressed, feeling like a freak, ugly and a useless waste of space, bawling my eyes out and then stuffing my face for the whole weekend:eek:. At the moment I am thinking "not this time, I refuse to give in", I know I am not quite an 18 yet (tinsy bit tight on my big boobies) so it will probably be the big shops for me still unless I take a risk and buy them without trying them on but next trip I will be going into every shop like a kid in a candy store - but will I still feel the same tomorrow after the spree... not feeling confident.

Jazzy, sorry missed your post, LMOL at the pyamas, did cheer me up no end, what are you like??. Well done on the 2 pounds loss.

Good luck with any impending weigh ins - fingers crossed for all but especially for those of us who did not have a good result last week.

Passed my exams!!

Hi wemitts
Just thought I'd share with you that I picked up my GCSE results today and I PASSED!!

Results:
English - A*
Maths - C

Now, those of you who remember back to earlier this year will know how I stressed over the Maths - in fact I ditched it in March but sat the exam anyway. So I'm particularly chuffed to have passed it ... now I never have to do it again!

I was pleased to get the A* as I'm doing an English degree so it wouldn't look too good if I didn't do well in a GCSE!

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with myself: six subjects in one year ... four at A level and passed them all. Phew!

I've got my weigh-in at 5.30 and it would just be the cherry on the low GI cake if I lost something bordering 'decent' after the disppointment of staying the same last Thurs. So here's fingers, toes and everything in between crossed!!

Hugs to all

Debbie, so proud of you - you really are making huge differences in your life and you are succeeding at an incredible rate. A* for a star and well done on that maths; of my 4 kids only one managed to get a C and frankly that was a miracle! Here's to a great loss tonight (toasting you in imaginary champagne!)

Love and hugs, Barb xx

Hi everyone
Just got back from my weigh-in and am DELIGHTED to report a 5lb loss! Phew, phew and phew again!!

So it's 5st 8lb on CD (8st 7lb total) and I'm now down to 13st 5lb. Next goal - the 12s!!

What a day!! I'm a happy bunny tonight :D

Back