General: Week starting Mon 21st August 2006

I'm chuffed to nuts for you Debbie on both the results and the weigh in :D

Hi Debbie

A HUGE congratulations on your exam results and fab weigt loss this week. You deserve it.

Jazzy xx

Hi All

Thanks for the lovely welcome. I'm sorry to hear some of you are having such a hard time.

Debbie - what fantastic news both on your weight loss and your exams. You must be so relieved the exams are over - for a while at least!

Chobe

Congratulations Debbie. You have had a great day. I'm so glad you didn't give up on the maths and an excellent grade for the English and 5 lb wonderful. Well done.
Irene xx

Morning Wemitts....
Well mega marathon clothes trying on session with Mum yesterday looking for a wedding outfit and no surprise that I ended up with black trousers and a top! Tried on loads girlie pretty things but looked awful! They look fab in a size 10 - 14 but awful in any sizes above. Did try on a suit in Monsoon but the jacket was ripped! and beyond repair..... how typical :mad:.
Diet wise still going with SSing and hoping I can crack 1/2 stone in the next few weeks before my op then time off again while recovering.

Hope you all have a great weekend....I'm off to pick up Toby from Scout camp in the morning not looking forward to a weeks worth of very muddy washing! and having a 2 hour drive homw with smelly Scout that hasn't washed for a week! YUK! But really missed him loads so can bear a few hours of smell just to have him back!
Ann must be due back soon? or was she away for 2 weeks? Anyway....if you back Ann welcome home.
Kamilla xx

Morning wemitts

Hi Kam - Black trousers and a top ... that good old staple! That's exactly what I wore on the wemitt night out - you can't knock the combination really; it's always a good versatile choice. However, not so long from now, you'll be hitting the town in every colour of the rainbow!

I had to chuckle about the 'smelly scout' comment. Reminded me of a time when my eldest was in the Navy cadets at HMS Dolphin. They had a 2 week trip: one week adventure training to the Lake district and a week in Blackpool. In true Navy organisational style, they went to the Lake district first so all the wet, muddy clothes were sealed up in black bin bags and tagged with the cadet's names. Then they sat festering in the cadet coach for a week whilst they were in Blackpool. You can imagine what it was like unsealing those bags when we parents got them home ... pheweeee!!!!

It's a nice sunny day today and the weather forecast for the weekend isn't too brilliant so I ought to take kids out for some fresh air. There's a farm museum not too far away: that might be an option if it's not too pricey (6 days before pay-day: we're skint!)

Have a great day everyone!

Hi Debbie, 5lbs wow, you are a star. When you have a good day, you have a really good day! I am so chuffed for you, you really needed to see a big loss this week, it's just brilliant, look out the 12's, here comes Debbie!
Love

Thanks Barb!!
How are things going with you? Are you still doing your Duncan Goodhew regime?? ;)

I managed to get a swimsuit yesterday in New Look. I'm not particularly happy with how it looks but I think I won't be happy with how ANY swimsuit looks on me so it'll just have to do!
So as it stands now, I've got a size 24 swimsuit in blue (my fave - has a wrap-over skirt thing at the front but it's a size 24: too big!), a size 20 in black with a baggy bum, a size 20 (bought yesterday) with a bit of a baggy bum but need the size for my belly, a size 18 - too short in the body, a size 16 - bit too small as yet and a size 14 - nice but way too small :eek:
That's SIX swimsuits ... PLUS I have 3 more I'm bidding for on Ebay!! I'll end up with more swimsuits than JB sports ... and I haven't even been in the pool this year yet! Do you think I'm getting swimsuit obssessed?? :D

How's the diet going? I bought a great book yesterday for when I get to maintenance (although it's an interesting read now). It's called "Dr Shapiro's Picture Perfect Weight Loss"

It has loads of info and the great bit is that it has photos of lots of different types of food and the equivelent you can have for the same cals. I know we all have a good idea of 'what's better than what' but it really helps to see the photos. Plus there's LOADS of stuff on things such as diet myths, identifying calories and diet psychology.

I bought it in the bookshop 'The Works' for £3.99. It looks good already as it isn't 'extreme' and doesn't preach - it just offers choices.

Catch you later!

Hi debbie :)

They have some great swimsuits in Asda Fareham at the mo. Tummy control built in and farely short on the body so it might be perfect for you. Black with white piping.

You could always nip up there and try one on.

BTW, I think I am about ready to have another go at the slendertone again as my toning regime seems to have gone out the window :rolleyes:

My mum is meeting up with your CDC on Saturday morning but she has also been making noises about doing Paul M too. :)

Righto Tal: I'll get the device back to you ASAP :) I never got round to using it as I had that pulled muscle for ages (still doesn't feel 'quite right') and also, I feel my belly is just too doughy right now. Think I need to lose a lot more of the flab because I don't think ANYTHING would be capable of reaching the muscle underneath as things are now! :eek:

That's exactly what I felt but things have changed for me so it won't be long before they change for you too :D

OK, Debbie, you have a serious swimming suit problem, so the last thing I am going to tell you about is this fantastic site called ' swimsuitsforall' where you can get every kind of suit in every size and style imaginable. Woops, I told you didn't I. Ok, you can check it out but you must promise to go swimming very soon!
I am doing OK, 36 lengths yesterday, so yes, call me Duncan! I am really enjoying it and although I feel knackered I know it is so worth it. Saw my GP this week as I have been feeling more than tired, actually exhausted, had a blood test done and apparently I have big probs with my Thyroid, which could of course be effecting my weight loss. Anyway, I will see her next Friday and get the lowdown on what to do next.
Eldest DD's birthday tomorrow so a weekend of celebrating ahead. I will be careful but shall have a little drink or two(or3!!).
Hope you have a lovely weekend, well done again, you are doing so well!

Love Barb

Hiya,

Debbie - Excellent results & weigh in! WELL DONE!!!!!!!!

Barb - God you've got so much energy! Wish I could be bothered to do some exercise - I LOVE swimming but like the pool to be empty & my local has shut the outside pool before 9am, I used to go before work. 7am with steam rising off the pool & being one of only about 5 people in there was fantastic! (Just checked that site out - Never seen a skirtini before!;)) Hope your thyroid is ok - I had hormonal probs when I turned 20 & they thought it might be thyroid. Put 3 stone on in 3 months!

Kam - I hope you feel better soon & this op finally sorts the probs you've been having. Well done at keeping SSing. You're a star!

Irene - Hope you have a fab weekend at the meet & looking forward to seeing you both in London soon!

My weekend will be target of 2,000 words of dissertation. Have only 3 weekends to do between 2,700 & 3,300 & a 6 min tape in Spanish so bulk this weekend, tape next weekend & remainder/fine tuning the one after. Lost a vital weekend last one feeling ill after the crash. All fine now except occasionally feel very tired. Bought a new Primera on Wed and hoping the insurance money comes through soon as my Dad has now bought me 2 cars since end July! (First one was my Birthday present when my Daewoo failed it's MOT!)

Love to all
xxx

Hi guys, I'm back online at long last (this is just a fleeting visit as I am mad busy still decorating the new house) I see I have loads to catch up on in the site, hope you are all doing ok? You all have absolutely no idea how much I missed you all! I really didn't think I was so dependent on my daily wemitt fix but obviously I am as I have fallen off the wagon big time!
I have been incredibly naughty during the house move and renovations and have eaten practically the weight of a small car in pizzas lol, but luckily as of today after a few days ssing I am back to where i was when I moved house so still 10st lost and 10 more to go!!! :eek:

Will try to catch up on all the news over the weekend (pages and pages of wemitty news to read ) so great big hugs to you all and a big hello to all the new wemitts who I haven't met yet...xx

Hello girls,
Thank goodness for this site! I have started my first day today and would not have done it without reading through some of your posts:) . I was so tempted to pop to shop about 20 minutes ago but, gave myself a good talking to-out loud! Millie (my dog) just gave me the oddest of looks! Lol.
I have to say, that saying things out loud has helped.:confused:

I may have over dosed on coffee but, I have done it-got the first day nearly completed. Yay!

I have put a whopping 20 kilos back on over a year. I am the biggest I have ever been in my life (129kgs) and it is having some serious affects on my health. I have trouble walking due to pains in my legs and ankles-doctor not too interested as I know he is thinking it's my own fault-and , of course, it is.

Can't wait till I can go for long walks again.

*Barb*-36 lengths!!!! Wow!:eek: That is excellent.

Looking forward to shrinking and gaining confidence in the very near future.

Jax

A big Wemitt welcome to Delicious-Jax! :)

Sorry but really quick post as just in from collecting Toby from Scout Camp! Got there at 8am thinking we'd be able to get off straight away! ha ha ha some of the Scouts were still asleep! So finally left Southend at 2pm! then had to help unpack van at HQ so just in.

Bath, pack & bed!

Night all.

Kamilla x

Debbie, Irene, and Barb
I am so sorry to read that your parents are so ill. I truly hope that things get better somehow for them (and you) and I will include you all in my prayers tonight) xx

Debbie congratulations on your exam results! well done on your weight loss too, you seem to be disappearing before our very eyes! xx

Kam, oh you poor thing, another op! :eek: You are a real trooper though, so I just know you'll get through it all fine but still I am sending you a massive cuddle and hoping your health improves v soon xx

Sharon hello gorgeous, and congrats on your new job! can't wait to hear how the cdc training goes when you start it, you will be a fab cdc xx

Irene, the house and area are fantastic thanks,(although there was a lot of work to do in the house esp the kitchen and living room but we are getting there slowly)!
Peter has had to go back to work now though, cos we've run out of cash lol so the work is on temporary hold for a couple of weeks! But just to be away from the cretins in our old street is just wonderful!!!

Anja, Sorry to hear about your accident and your car hun, thats an awful thing to have happened, a big hug is being sent to you as I type (clever me eh!? types and hugs all at the same time)!!! I really hope you are feeling better now babe. xx

Hope all the wemitts are doing ok? Kam, Roch, AKB, Ann, and anyone else who I haven't mentioned I have missed you all so much and hope to get back on here more regularly from now on, until next time then wemitts xx oo xx

Back