Getting my mojo back!

I am doing :)

And thanks for reading!!!

Hello lovely

Sorry to hear about your dilemma!! Hope you figured it out!!! I'm the same OH keeps saying what are we having for dinner ...... I'm like well I'm having my pack que him to say "o ok" then que me feeling bad and wanting to just give in!!! Grrr lol he's very supportive but I do understand they just want to have dinner together etc but never mind they will have to wait :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think in my husband's case it's partly exasperation that when I "did" LL a couple of years ago, it wasn't a one off, done and dusted, never need to diet again, scenario. I knew I would have challenges and things to learn in maintenance, and that would include finding ways to keep my weight stable, as well as finding ways that work to take off extra pounds if poor choices brought them back again. I guess it must be frustrating for him to see me on packs **again**. The thing is, once I'm in the "zone" it's the happiest, most straightforward and efficient way of losing weight that I know of (and I've tried a few). I was a lemon to go for it in the run up to Christmas (bread or pasta with meals, biscuits and chocolates and mince pies, that kind of thing) but I did it, it is what it is, and now I'm sorting it out.

I've maintained successfully before, and I will do again, I have no doubt of that. I know what works for me. I just want to get back to goal/"normal" as soon as possible. And I think that's what he wants, too. He was worried that if I introduced "extras" into the plan that I hadn't tried before it might stall my weight loss and make this take even longer. He doesn't think it's worth the risk - and he has a point! Maybe the time to experiment with slim pasta/zero noodles is when I'm maintaining and not before!

Thanks so much for your thoughtful replies. Much appreciated.

Weigh-in day tomorrow. I'm finding it difficult to gauge this week whether I've lost much, as I have TOTM looming and therefore am pretty much spherical at the moment :rolleyes:. But I hope it will be a few pounds anyway!

Hi, I remember you from the lighter life forum when I did it 15 months ago . I lost just over 4 stone on LL in 4 months for my daughters wedding . At the wedding I wore a beautiful size 12 dress never been size 12 in my life . I am disgusted to say I have put on 2 stone since then and I am now on slim and save (day 3) when I was on LL forum I always looked up to you because you had done it and I have no doubts you will do it again !!! My husband doesn't always like me on packs. It can interfere with our social life at times but I think he understands that it will always be part of my life at times too. I will look forward to reading your diary I remember you always spoke sense and offered good advise. Nice to see mrs burgundy back too !!! X

I think if we're honest that the majority of our husbands/boyf/other halves don't like us being on this kind of diet but ultimately the decision is ours. We know it's the quickest way to get the resluts we want and the hard part is maintaining it. My hubby suggested I had a week off when I caved in on Friday and I said that I'd start again on Monday. When I didnt' have the willpower yesterday to resist their dinner and birthday cake he was disappointed, even though he was the one to suggest a break......why??? :confused: I think that's part of our strength, to not give in when we're tempted and to ignore the comments from the contrary people around us! They seem to change their mind when it suits them :rolleyes:

Good luck Spangly x

5lb for me this week, making 1 stone in 2 weeks! Yay!

Back in the 11s. Phew! Now to get back in the 10s...

Last edited:
5lb for me this week, making 1 stone in 2 weeks! Yay!

Back in the 11s. Phew! Now to get back in the 10s...

Fantastic well done! That's a great week two loss :) must feel great to get into that next stone bracket

Lozzer, thanks for your kind words. Really lovely to read. I'm glad my old diary was a good read! :)

Feeling more 'centred' and like me again. I wonder if it takes me a while to get fully into ketosis? I read something the other day about keto-adaptation taking a couple of weeks in some people. Anyway, whatever the reason, I'm glad to be feeling better.

I am going to NY soon for work - really happy about this! - but am unlikely to have got to goal by then I'm thinking of going back to paleo/low carb while I'm there but I'm worried about losing focus again and backsliding... Need to have a serious think about it.

Love love LOVE snow. It's snowed ALL DAY. Yay!! Not sure if school will be open tomorrow... Have stayed almost 100% on plan ... A couple of teaspoons of peanut butter (my nemesis) but otherwise stuck to it.

Hi Spangly

Thats me just back from my hols. Glad to see that you are well into the swing of things now. I am a big fat blob. Starting on exante packs tomorrow...also back to work tomorrow, which makes life easier. Need to plan in my exercise now. Are you still swimming?

Debbi xx

Yes, once a week, and Zumba once a week. Am quite proud of myself! :)

Been reading a couple of Gillian Riley books at the weekend: Eating Less, and Willpower. I TOTALLY RECOMMEND BOTH OF THEM IF YOU HAVE EVER STRUGGLED WITH YOUR WEIGHT. I cannot praise them highly enough. She KNOWS. She really understands. She gets inside your head... and turns things around. A-MA-ZING.

Her basic idea is, if instead of running away from or trying to avoid the addictive urges that come over us with certain foods, those moments are the exact moments where, if you consciously stop and experience the urge AND THEN CHOOSE A DIFFERENT OUTCOME, you build new pathways in your brain and reduce the power of the craving.

As someone who has tried the "avoid all refined carbs" method with some success followed by A COMPLETE AND TOTAL BLOWOUT I know she's on to something here. I can eat the carbs whenever I like, as long as I accept the consequences. It's my choice. It's always my choice. Resisting the urge and thinking "I can't", "I mustn't" just makes the craving stronger. Feeling momentarily uncomfortable and CHOOSING NOT TO SATISFY THE CRAVING BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO makes the cravings start to lose their power...

It sounds really simple and I'm not doing it justice at all but it's given me so much hope that there is a different way... a way that isn't just about the weight or carbs or fat (have known for a while now it's not about fat). FABULOUS!

I'm going away for work in a couple of week's time and am dithering about packs. I want to get back to goal again and I know that coming off packs would be hugely risky. I could end up yo-yo-ing all year if I'm not careful. But on the other hand: it's New York! Cheesecake! Pizza! Ice cream!

(pastrami? Dill pickles? Quick! Other low carb options?!!!)

So what do I want? What is the choice here? What will I 'miss out' on if I do stay on packs? In another two weeks I could be so much closer to goal. Isn't that more important to me?

I think I can... They're sealed, so I think customs would be ok with them. Maybe if I take the slim and save instructions as well? It's tempting... It would make things a lot more straightforward!

Just back from Zumba. Man, it's goooood! I love it! Wish they did more than one a week. I need to find a second one to go to. Brilliant!

I've been feeling low and rubbish all day but (a) I stuck to the plan and (b) I actually realised (and believed) that going to Zumba would make me feel happier. Yay!

It isn't really about the weight, is it?! I mean it is, but it also isn't... It's about feeling GOOD about yourself.

Next thing is quite scary (for me, anyway). I need to stand up to my boss. He's a lovely guy, but absolutely impossible to work for. He changes his mind all the time, and comes out with arbitrary ideas that I then have to follow and prove won't work... All of which is absolutely exhausting and demoralising. I've failed my objectives this year: in my 21-year career this has NEVER happened. I'm scared! But I know I have to speak up. The past year has been so stressful for me.

I think it will be a massive turning point for me. I have a real problem with directly questioning authority. I've done it in a couple of ways this year, which is new for me, and got one decision reversed (after a lot of people wasted a lot of time!) and another project cancelled (ditto). But oh I'm scared. Never done this before. But I have to!

Hey Spangly, I have sent you a private message just to say hello. But wanted to congratulate you on getting back on track in such a spectacular fashion! you are doing so well. I hope your trip to the states is manageable. I think that you need to make a plan and stick with it. If you think you can get away with avoiding eating at all ( and just sticking with packs) that is what you should do. However if not, stick to low carb. the americans are all pretty much aware of low carb so i expect there will be plenty of options.

sad to hear that work is getting you down. it is never easy is it. And stress leads to thoughts of food. However dealing with a problem at an early stage is absolutely the right thing to do. you will feel relief that you tackled it and will know that your workload might be more realistic. that should make it easier to stick to the diet.

Anyway. i will keep following your diary and hopefully we will spur each other on!

Hiya, Nzmegs! It's lovely to hear from you. I will reply to your pm later. I know you're right about planning re New York. I'm struggling at the moment though with rebellious thoughts around 'missing out' if I don't have xyz while I'm there. I want to get to the point where I'm choosing, happily, to stay on packs... But my mind is putting up a fight!!

Anyway. In the meantime I'm sticking to it. Just really want to get back to goal again - and, more importantly, stay there!

I think I may have demonised carbs a bit, in my efforts to find a way to maintain, and in the process somehow made them more attractive. I am using this time on packs to address that thinking, a la Gillian Riley. It's all about choice really. I succeeded at maintaining when it was my choice. Once I started feeling I was denying myself (and listening to the people saying 'go on, just have one!') it all went a bit haywire. Still it's a learning experience.

I survived my appraisal! Go me! :) It was a really constructive discussion and I think this will be a GOOD year.

Back