Getting to know you thread

BuxomBarrister

So I've been on here for a good few weeks now and thought it would be nice if we knew a little bit more about each other! (Please be vague if you don't want to give out any identifying info!!).

So I am 25, married with one son. I am a barrister in London but currently on maternity leave(ish). I put on 5 stone whilst pregnant, hence being on Exante!!

How about you?

I'm from Glasgow, I'm 35, married with 4 kids (a girl and 3 boys). I'm a midwife, hence the name.

I was never overweight until I got married, stopped smoking and got pregnant within a year aged 22. Three subsequent pregnancies later, the weight crept on more.

The lightest I have been since them was 12 ago and I got to 10 stone through WW. Have tried WW and SW was very uninspired with these - with WW it was 2lb off, 1lb on, 1lb off, 1/5lb on and so on. With SW I actually put weight on! Calorie counting worked for me, but didn't stick it after a holiday. I have been looking into TFR diets but didn't feel I could afford then until Exante.

For the last few years my weight seems to have hovered around 13.7 stone and I finally tipped the scales at 15 stone at Christmas.

Trying to buy a decent dress for my Christmas nights out was a heartbreaking affair, and I was appalled by every changing room mirror. It was the lowest ebb.

However, New Year and I got a new job to look forward to, so decided "New Year, New Job, New Me".

I am loving exante, and would never have believed I could lose weight so quickly while feeling great.
I feel like I have missed out on my twenties and early thirties by looking fat and frumpy.

Never again.

Hi, I'm 32 and I've put on 5 stone in the past 6 years, a stone of which had been put on during pregnancy. I too am currently off on maternity leave with my 17 week old baby girl. I am married to a fab man who is so supportive of me doing this diet. x

Last edited:
I am 39 and have 7 children, one I didnt birth. The youngest 3 are on one the side of very large age gap. I have 2 Grandchildren, which are older than 2 of my children. This is my first TMR diet.

Divster - that is amazing!! Your grandchildren are older than your children. Wow.

I'm 36 mum of two boys aged 5 years and 4 months. I've always been big my biggest was size 28 in 2006 did cambridge and lost ten stones, put two back on, then had luke and put four on so I know this is the easiest and best way to do it.

I'm a housewife so do EVERYTHING ha ha xx

I'm a 29 year old first time mum, still on maternity leave. I have 7 weeks left to get back in shape having gained around 5 stone during my pregnancy. My job requires me to be physically fit so I bascally have had a 9 month slob out, I've loved been at home with my baby boy and enjoyed every coffee and cake morning had but it's time to put away the cake pants!

Hannah, 24, from sunny Northern Ireland. Single, work in a call centre for the NHS.

I like to dye my hair extremely unnatural colours, as well as self piercing and tattoos. Also a complete pc and xbox360 nerd :)

Battled with my weight from a very young age.. Throughout my teens I went up a stone for every year! Joined ww when I was 20, maintained at around 20stone for a good while (between good periods and bad).

Joined up with this forum as I was randomly googling points for items, and this website had more results than anything else, so I thought to heck with it i'll join up. Had a hoke round the forum and decided to start Exante :)

Exante is my first serious TFR diet. Did try Slimfast for a while but gave up because the shakes were complete and utter boke, I was not in ketosis, or even aware of what it was, so I was constantly hungry!! Hungry Hannah is grumpy Hannah :p

my nickname was given to me on a nintendo forum of all things - i'm a big fan of pokemon, and its my pokemon name :p (hannah + rattata)

I'm 36 from near Southampton, I have a 17 month old daughter, who is one of the reasons why I'm doing this diet... determined not to pass on over-eating to yet another generation. I'm back at work part-time now. I've been seriously overweight since I was about 12, and have decided enough is enough, so my aim is to get to a normal bmi this year :)

Good thread bb! I'm 30, have only done cd and lost 3.5 stones, with a stone to go I stopped, ate badly and back to where I started, found exante, now still trying to start!
Married with kids, son 3, twin girls 2! Busy, used to teach, now a housewife or homemaker, planning to return to work soon and don't want to be fat and unhappy in my 30's..
That's me!

I'm Clair (incase u didn't notice hehe) I'm 28 in 2 weeks and I live in Doncaster but I'm from Fife, Scotland originally. I've got twin boys, ok they're dogs, jack russells called Scouse and Skally Wag but they're my babies :)
I'm a social care support worker for adults with autism and challenging behaviour.

I've always been greedy so always been over weight but over the last 7 years I got to my heaviest of 19 stone 7 pounds!!!!! I've tried every diet going but never last longer than a week or so!
I had ladies troubles and had to go for a colposcopy thing and the nurse said "we're struggling abit coz u are a very large lady" and that's when I thought something drastic needs doing hence starting a TFR diet.
I'm not blaming the nurse coz I've always felt miserable about my weight but that sure did give me the kick up the arse I needed lol

Anyways, my goal is to get to 12 stone, even then I'll be overweight but that's my aim so we'll see how it goes :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm lisa aged 43 and live in Portsmouth. I'm married with no children unfortunately. I'm a housewife. I weigh 18st 6. Since last september I have put on three stone. I was always slim until I met my husband. And then the weight slowly crept on when we used to go out drinking every night and going out for meals and eating takeaways. This is my first TFR. Have done weightwatchers loads of times then kept falling off the wagon. Just like I did last night when we went out for a family meal. Story of my life. I'm starting afresh tomorrow. Had bread today I just couldn't help myself. Well that's it about me. I'm useless at dieting hence the weight I am now.

I'm Suzanne, I have 3 children, all girls aged 7, 4 & almost 2. When I'm not mumming I work parttime with mums & newborns as a breastfeeding support worker which I absolutely love doing, I also do a few voluntary bits.

I first started getting fat in my late teens when I put on 4 stone in a year! Before then I was slim. I stuck to about that weight until pregnant with dd1, afterwards I did go down to the lightest I'd been in years but was still about 13 stone. I then started going upwards again, put lots on with dd2, didn't lose it afterwards. Lowest I got was about 15 1/2 stone when she was a toddler. I then ballooned again after a very emotional point in my life and with pregnancy with dd3. I think I was about 20 stone just after giving birth. I dieting last year for a bit, started at 18-something, I got down to about 17 1/2 but managed to gain it all back and more again. Hence my starting point of 19 stone 5lb this time which I felt dreadful at. I've done loads of diets over the years, I seem to lose motivation quite quickly, but not this time. I eat a very good basic diet, it's the crap on top of that which makes me fat.

Clair sounds very similar to my old job, I loved it, got to do all the fun things though did get a few bruises, lol. Ironically it kept me really fit as I did a lot of trampolining, walking and swimming as part of it.

Hi I am Michelle (or Shel) and today is day one of exante!
Hubby and I are both doing it together. I was a chunky but happy size 14 most of my early teens until I met hubby Al. Too much happy slobbing evenings and takeaways and we put the weight on together. I am 24 and he is 31. We both lost weight for our wedding in 2007 and put it back on and more since then. Both done WW and SW in the past. WW had moderate slow progress but SW wasn't for me. We joined LL a year ago and did it for 3 days. I couldn't handle the no drinking anything but water!!
We have been trying to get pregnant for 2 years but I have PCOS so don't ovulate. After loads of tests they tell me they will give me a drug....once my BMI is 35

So we have emptied our entire house of ALL food and our fridge only has water in it!! We are gonna do it this time, no other choice if we want a baby!!

Day 1 gone ok so far.....look forward to chatting to you all lots more

Xxxxx

Emma, 27 Essex struggled with my weight ever since i can remember I've already lost 4st doing weight watchers even had a go at lighter life, started at 14,10 went down to 10st,7 wen i got married Sept 2010, went on my honey moon put 10lb back on been struggling ever since to get it off then broke my arm horse riding in January put more weight on hence doing exante so in my first week lost 7lb am feeling really positive about succeeding on exante and with the support of every one here, me and my hubby are trying for our first bubba so the healthier i am the better xx

Smallerme said:
I'm Suzanne, I have 3 children, all girls aged 7, 4 & almost 2. When I'm not mumming I work parttime with mums & newborns as a breastfeeding support worker which I absolutely love doing, I also do a few voluntary bits.

I first started getting fat in my late teens when I put on 4 stone in a year! Before then I was slim. I stuck to about that weight until pregnant with dd1, afterwards I did go down to the lightest I'd been in years but was still about 13 stone. I then started going upwards again, put lots on with dd2, didn't lose it afterwards. Lowest I got was about 15 1/2 stone when she was a toddler. I then ballooned again after a very emotional point in my life and with pregnancy with dd3. I think I was about 20 stone just after giving birth. I dieting last year for a bit, started at 18-something, I got down to about 17 1/2 but managed to gain it all back and more again. Hence my starting point of 19 stone 5lb this time which I felt dreadful at. I've done loads of diets over the years, I seem to lose motivation quite quickly, but not this time. I eat a very good basic diet, it's the crap on top of that which makes me fat.

Clair sounds very similar to my old job, I loved it, got to do all the fun things though did get a few bruises, lol. Ironically it kept me really fit as I did a lot of trampolining, walking and swimming as part of it.

I kinda blame my job for my weight gain, all the nice meals out we have and day trips to the sea side lol and oh yeh I've had just afew bruises ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great thread :)

I'm Jayne. 38, married (11 years, but together 19 years) with 2 boys aged 10 and 7. I have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which meant we had trouble conceiving and spent 5 years having fertility treatment before my first pregnancy. A symptom of PCOS is being overweight and difficulty in losing weight. Definitely the case for me! Been overweight most of my adult life, but despite this and no matter where my weight is, I have always taken regular exercise :) I did Lighter Life and Cambridge in 2005 and lost 6 stones. Maintained for a good while, and then in 2007 I suffered quite badly with some illness and injury and piled on the weight, and hit my highest weight (for the second time) of 19st 13lb in Oct 2009. I joined Slimming World and had very limited success, and in Sept 2010 I started Lipotrim TFR weighing 19st 3lb. I'm currently 16st 8lb and am on day one of Exante's Simple Solutions programme :) Hoping to get my butt back into gear and get some more of this weight off!

xx

PS - I'm currently a stay at home mum, after having been made redundant in Nov last year from the job I'd been in (part time) for 12 years!

I kinda blame my job for my weight gain, all the nice meals out we have and day trips to the sea side lol and oh yeh I've had just afew bruises ;)

Oh indeed, I used to eat 3/4 times a week with work when parttime, when I was fulltime before kids it was even more than that. Out at the pub/restaurants with service users, days out or in with takeaways. I was fit but definitely still fat, lol.

Hi guys, I'm Nicola, I'm 30 with 2 children (son 11 & daughter 5). I was always slim until my last pregnancy when I put 7st on! I did Lipotrim in 2008 & lost 4st in 12wks, since then I have gradually piled the 4st back on plus another 1.5st just for good measure!! I've tried WW & SW both with very little success, unfortunately I'm very impatient & if I dont see results I give up. Hence I'm back on TFR! Last time minimins was my godsend & got me through the journey so I'm gonna be on here quite a lot to get me through this LAST time! I started Exante today, I'm enjoying the bigger choice of flavours than Lipotrim (and the bars!) so far so good, but I know the next couple of days will be a bit tougher!
Good luck to you all!! x

Back