Glasgow Meet - 23/24 May - Last call to join us, and where we'll be

Just a quick check in... just home from work.

Was fantastic to see you guys, I had a fab weekend.

Will update more tomorrow AND add photos

*HUGS*

I've not long got home too and am just popping in briefly to say hi to everyone I spent the most brill weekend with in Glasgow - as well as those who were terribly missed (Debz, Bev and Kev :().

I've got a few piccies on my camera which I'll upload as soon as I can tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, here's one that was taken on Friday evening and is particularly special to me :)

Attachments

• Me and Sandy.jpg
    Me and Sandy.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 75
Finally found some time to update you on the fantastic weekend I had at the Glasgow meet.

I must admit I felt a little nervous walking into Jurys on my own on Friday afternoon but I needn't have worried as I was made to feel very welcome by Sharon and Sandy. A short time later we were joined by Irene and Cat and we all got on great talking about everything and anything.

The whole weekend was fantastic and I particularly enjoyed myself on Friday night chatting to Christine and Mhari who joined us for a drink after work. We all had a right laugh in the Millenium and before we knew it, it was about 1am and time for Amanda Jayne and I to head back to our hotel.

Due to family commitments on Sunday I was unable to go to dinner on Sat evening as I had to head home. I hope everyone else enjoyed their night on the town.

I was dissapointed not to meet up with Debs and Bev and Phil but maybe next time.

Having a break from the house and the boys did me the world of good and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Thanks again Sandy for organising the venues.

Jac

Sandy,

You've done really well on the weight front!

Glad you all had a great weekend :)

was gutted to have missed it....:( my bank holiday weekend was definitely not what I'd planned....kids ??!!! :rolleyes:

anyways...look forward to the photos.. and to meeting up with you all at some stage in the future....

love

Debz xxx

Jac, it was brilliant to meet you too. You have such an infectious personality (I mean that in a nice way, not in a 'keep away or you'll catch something way' *lol*) and the most startling turquoise eyes I've seen! :)

Here are my pics from the weekend. I've only got a few and I'm really sorry I didn't get any of Christine, AJ or Mhairi - but it was great to meet you guys too!

The first two were taken in the Jury's Inn lobby (the first one on Saturday afternoon and the second just before leaving on Sunday) and the next one is Sandy and I enjoying the sunshine in Ashton Lane on Sunday afternoon. I've also attached a couple of pics of the incredible views from my bedroom window. I was in the corner room on the top floor (definitely the best room in the hotel) and the views were stunning! :D

Thanks, again, Sandy for organising such a fab weekend and I can't wait to visit Glasgow again - especially if you can work your magic with the weather again like you did this time :cool:

Attachments

• Jac, Irene, Cat, Sandy, Me.jpg
    Jac, Irene, Cat, Sandy, Me.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Cat, Sandy, Me, Irene.jpg
    Cat, Sandy, Me, Irene.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Sandy and me, Ashton Lane.jpg
    Sandy and me, Ashton Lane.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 72
  • View front.jpg
    View front.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 53
  • View side.jpg
    View side.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 49
ooh i dont look too bad in those pics.. fat.. but not too bad.. lol
you all look awesome.. thanks for the pics sharon.. :D

x x

ooh i dont look too bad in those pics.. fat.. but not too bad.. lol
you all look awesome.. thanks for the pics sharon.. :D

x x

I think you all look lovely....so there !

thanks for sharing Sharon :)

Debz xx

What an absolutely fantastic weekend that was. It was lovely to see Irene & AJ again and to spend some time with Cat, who I only said a brief hello to at Newcastle. I was gutted not to meet Debs & Bev & Kev but hopefully next time. It was lovely too to meet jacsprat, Scarlet & Frejja (who Im hoping to meet up with again very soon :) )

But the most exciting (and nerve wracking lol) thing for me was finally meeting Sharon. Sharon & I have known of each other through a mutual friend for 7 or 8 years now and it was Sharon who got me onto Minimins, but this weekend was the first time we'd met. Its hard to believe that now cos within 5 mins of meeting I felt like Id known her for ever :)

I had the BEST weekend, and even though we were a small, select group, it didnt hamper the enjoyment of the week :)

Full report to follow - in my diary ofcourse ;)

But Ive uploaded some photos

Attachments

• Sharon & I.jpg
    Sharon & I.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Me & Cat.jpg
    Me & Cat.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Me & Sharon, Ashton Lane.jpg
    Me & Sharon, Ashton Lane.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Ashton Lane.jpg
    Ashton Lane.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Ashton Lane 2.jpg
    Ashton Lane 2.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 48
Oh and I have to say my rather stunning outfit which Im wearing in Sharons, Sunday photos isnt available in the shops. I know the trendsetters among you will be gutted to know you cant copy that particular look but the 'Strathclyde Police' label is very select you know ;)

(Just wanted to point out that Aline skirts and polo shirts arent my clothes of choice lol)

It looks all so lovely!

Sandy, I'm glad your order for the weather was fulfilled!

Ashton Lane looks lovely. Do they have a festival there every year at all? It just looks really familar. I went for a meal somewhere similar looking a good few years ago after my friends had their little boy's christening. It could have been anywhere because I was driven there!

What an absolutely fantastic weekend that was. It was lovely to see Irene & AJ again and to spend some time with Cat, who I only said a brief hello to at Newcastle. I was gutted not to meet Debs & Bev & Kev but hopefully next time. It was lovely too to meet jacsprat, Scarlet & Frejja (who Im hoping to meet up with again very soon :) )

But the most exciting (and nerve wracking lol) thing for me was finally meeting Sharon. Sharon & I have known of each other through a mutual friend for 7 or 8 years now and it was Sharon who got me onto Minimins, but this weekend was the first time we'd met. Its hard to believe that now cos within 5 mins of meeting I felt like Id known her for ever :)

I had the BEST weekend, and even though we were a small, select group, it didnt hamper the enjoyment of the week :)

Full report to follow - in my diary ofcourse ;)

But Ive uploaded some photos

Photos are great Sandy - weather looks fabulous :)

love the look of Ashton Lane....get a date in the diary for the next Glasgow meet... not been before and would definitely be interested in making the trip.....

Debz xx

At long last I have managed to transfer my photo of the lovely Irene onto my computer. As you can see, she is protecting me from being menaced by a bull:D.

I am going to try to get down to York in September. It's a fascinating city so there'll be loads to do down there.

Back