Goal size

LucyNewMum

Silver Member
Hi all
Been thinking about clothes size and height

Being a size 18 atm, and being 5'9 my aim is to get into a size 14, and I suppose seeing how I feel at that size. I know a lot of people consider a 14 fat, but I'm hoping being tall will make a 14 seem quite slim lol (maybe just wishful thinking).

So just wondering what your thoughts are, and perhaps what your ultimate goal size would be for height :)

Cheers x

Hi love,

I am same height and size as you. I used to be a size 10 which was fabulous but think my favourite weight was being a size 12/14 so I say go for it! And don't listen to anyone who calls 14 fat; cos it's actually less than the British average. Good luck xxxx

Your lovely and tall, think that size sounds perfect hun :)

Wish I could buy a few inches of height LOL ha!

My aim is a 12/14. I think a 14 is a good aim, go for it!

My aim is a 6 but I'm small frame and I've shrunk in height!!

I was 5ft6 when I started university I'm barely 5'5 now!! My feet were a 7 now they are a 4/5

At just over 14st I wore a 12 bottom tight, so my ultimate goal is a 6. Carried weight well due to muscle mass always was compact

Having been big all my life I decided to aim for 12 stone & see how I feel when I get there, I think for my height (5'6") it is still over 25 BMI but I dont want to look ill & gaunt, when I get there I'll decide whether to stay there or go for 11 stone.

I did buy a couple of size 14 jeans when I was doing CD a few years ago and they always looked tiny to me so like I said I'll decide when I'm there which I'm comfortable with :)

I'm the same height as you, I carry most of my weight round my middle and am an 18 too although most people think I'm a 14. I think if you aim for 14 because of your height you'll look more like a 10/12 anyway. I doesn't really matter what size clothes yo're in just as long as you look good in them!

x

I'm 5.9 and big framed. I look my best at around 12 stone, I'm a 14 at that weight. I'm a size 12 at about 11-11.7 but its a bit thin on me. Certainly last time I lost weight I got down to a 14 and 12.9 I looked fine but lots of people said not to lose more. I'll see. I like what I look like at 12 stone so that's my goal. May go down a few lbs lower than that to account for refilling my glycogen stores. Love this diet was a tight size 20 only 2 months ago now getting into 14-16s :)

I am just coming out of a size 20, but still not yet in a 'real' 18, but I am only short so would like to be about a size 12 around 10 stone

Wow lots of replies thanks, I find clothes sizes, weight and height really interesting, cause it just varies so much.
Suppose like everyone else just gotta get there and see.
Angie bum I'm the same as you, at 12 stone (or just over) I was a 14, at the time I still felt fat and wanted to lose more, but now I'm much bigger I can't wait to get back there :)

I think when I reached a 16 I felt 'normal' (which is really odd because I'd never felt 'abnormal' before... At a 14 I felt fantastic! Don't let anyone tell you that a 14 is fat! I decided to go a little lower but it was for medical reasons rather than asthetic ones. You chose the goal which suits you best. Have fun!

I think so much depends on your shape and height, when I did CD I ended up a size 8 on top and 10 on the bottoms, but I'm only short 5.3 and pear shaped. I'll be very happy if I can wear size 12 jeans as I now think that's probably more do-able to maintain than it was last time round at a size 10.

I'm only 5foot 2 and my goal is to get into a size 14 what weight i am does not bother me at all i was always happy at that size. It was when i needed a size 20 coz my size 18's were getting too tight things needed to change

I am 5ft7 and I used to wear a size 16/18 and I never thought I had the frame to go below a size 12/14 so that was my goal
I wear a size 6/8 now, even having gained more than 15lbs I'm still the same size
I had no notion of my body

Im 5' 2" and a size 3-4 shoe, very small hands too, so should be pretty small. Currently at 9st 12lbs I am a 12 bottoms and a 12/14 top. My aim is 9st and a 10 bottoms and a 12 top.

I'm similar size to you hels should be a petite but I'm 5ft5! Another stone and a half for me :)

I'm similar size to you hels should be a petite but I'm 5ft5! Another stone and a half for me :)

Good work hun!! Id love to be a smaller top, but even at my lowest weight (9st 6lbs) I was a big 12. I have big boobs too, they have shrunk a bit (yay!!) Im a 34g now. LOL!

I'm an 8 bottom but a 28L ! hopefully not for much longer mind :) well done your doing ace hels

I'm of to asda this evening to buy some new size 12 trousers for work as my other pair of 14's can be taken off without undoing them!

My top half however is still in a 16 but I'm hoping that will reduce once I've shed my last two stone :)

I'm 5ft8 and my goal was to be a size 12 all over but I might change this to a 10 bottom and 12 top, I think that's always going to be larger!

14 is a brilliant goal, especially at ur height. But like you said, see how you feel when you get there. Im aiming for a 10/12, not sure if Ill ever get there thought around my middle with my saggy belly from my 2 babies! But we can but try hey ;-) x

Back