100GMS RICE
100GMS ONIONS
400GM TIN KIDNEY BEANS or MIXED BEANS - DRAINED
1 CLOVE GARLIC - CRUSHED
1 TBSP TOMATO CHUTNEY
2 TSP TOMATO PASTE
1 TSP HARISA PASTE - SALT AND PEPPER

Cook the rice together with the onions.
Mash the beans with garlic, harissa paste, chutney, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
Add the rice and the onions and mix well.
Form into 4 burgers and put into the fridge for an hour or more.
You can grill them or put them in the oven to crisp and brown.

I didn't have any harissa paste so I put some cumin, coriander and chilli powder in them.
Cooked the rice and onions in the microwave - 1 cup rice soaked for 30 mins then drained and put into a micro bowl with 2 cups water and the onion and cooked for 13 mins (or whatever the packet says).
I put them in the oven for about 15 mins when it was on for something else.

I synned the chutney - 2 per tablespoon

BEAN BURGERS

100GMS RICE
100GMS ONIONS
400GM TIN KIDNEY BEANS or MIXED BEANS - DRAINED
1 CLOVE GARLIC - CRUSHED
1 TBSP TOMATO CHUTNEY
2 TSP TOMATO PASTE
1 TSP HARISA PASTE - SALT AND PEPPER

Cook the rice together with the onions.
Mash the beans with garlic, harissa paste, chutney, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
Add the rice and the onions and mix well.
Form into 4 burgers and put into the fridge for an hour or more.
You can grill them or put them in the oven to crisp and brown.

I didn't have any harissa paste so I put some cumin, coriander and chilli powder in them.
Cooked the rice and onions in the microwave - 1 cup rice soaked for 30 mins then drained and put into a micro bowl with 2 cups water and the onion and cooked for 13 mins (or whatever the packet says).
I put them in the oven for about 15 mins when it was on for something else.

I synned the chutney - 2 per tablespoon

I have to steal this! I've made Bean burgers in the past but they seem to fall apart extremely easy, will try these .

Steal away lisa2 - going to make some different ones this week if I remember.

Forgot to say - the freeze and micro very well.

fatgottago - I put a tablespoon of Engevita savoury yeast in them - 1/2 syn tbsp

Last edited:
Do you always soak your own beans?

Kidney beans are the only ones I don't soak - I do all the others and pressure cook them.

I have made these burgers with white beans but they are not as tasty as kidney or darker beans.

Your lunch does look lush. I did :giggle:at the thimble full of booze....that's like eating a thumbnail size piece of chocolate. What's the point?! :D Weren't you tempted to do a grab and run and hide out in the toilets?!! ;)

I buy dried everything bar chickpeas and kidney beans. I used to buy dry kidney/chickpeas but found that the tinned ones always turned out softer. I do like the more expensive chickpeas though as they always seem to be softer than the cheaper ones (in my opinion) but any kidney beans will do :D

Your lunch does look lush. I did :giggle:at the thimble full of booze....that's like eating a thumbnail size piece of chocolate. What's the point?! :D Weren't you tempted to do a grab and run and hide out in the toilets?!! ;)

It was free :D

I took it from the lady without thinking then when I saw the choccies I thought woooooooh - they were really large ones, was suprised they were giving them away. Any other time I would have gone round a few times.

Went out yesterday and came back to the smell of baking bread and found these on the table :clap::clap::clap:

10WHOLEMEALROLLS.jpg

60 gm wholemeal rolls so as I had a HEX A and HEX B left so had to use them up - Hubby made them for me.

CHEESEROLL.jpg

Honest there is only 30gms of cheese in there - it did taste good.

Last edited:
SATURDAY 2ND JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge, fruit and yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Soup - last nights left over Bean and Veg chilli and a little rice - blended very well. They thought I had made the soup earlier.

Sugar free jelly, fruit and yoghurt - 1 SYN

Apple

DINNER
Lentil cottage pie with brussels, cauliflower and broccoli. - HEX A for cheese on top and 1 SYN for Engevita yeast.

Supper - 1 home made roll and cheese (photo above) 1 HEX A 1 HEX B

TOTAL --2 HEX A ... 2 HEX B ... SYNS Highlights 4 ... Juice 1....Yeast 1 ... Pud 1 ... Total 7 SYNS

BEANANDVEGSOUP.jpg

STRAWBERRY.jpg

Blimey - that's a big picture - not got a smaller one

LENTILCOTTAGEPIE.jpg

Lentil pie straight out of the oven.

LENTILCOTTAGEPIEANDVEG2.jpg

Added the gravy later - make it from oxo with not a lot of water, seasoning and always save some potato to thicken it with then it is free !!

Last edited:
Wow, those rolls look amazing!! What a hubby you've got there girl! Did he weigh them all specially so that they were 60g or was that just lucky?!

Hey :)

Thanks for stopping by my Diary, this is deffo the Best place to be to keep a Track of things as before you know it all the hard work goes to pot in just as few days off plan :eek:

And your Diary is Great!! Wow i'm Salavating at your Food Pics..Here to Follow :p

Wow, those rolls look amazing!! What a hubby you've got there girl! Did he weigh them all specially so that they were 60g or was that just lucky?!

He made the pizza bases and I told him only to make them in either 60gm or 120gms as that was the HEX b weight. He does the baking in our house - I don't eat it so can't be bothered making it - today because it was raining and he was bored he made cupcakes and a small cake for him and his Mum :patback:
I think he knows these SW rules better than I do as I am always talking about it and reading stuff out to him (probably shuts his ears):D

Wow your food is always presented really nicely, I just dollop mine on the plate! The Pho soup looks just up my street, can you share the recipie?

The rolls look nice, lovely hubbs :) I like the sound of the chilli being blended to make a soup too, looks lush, as does the lentil pie. Yummo!

Back