GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

Lentil Pie - serves 2

50gms lentils .... 2 cloves garlic
400gm tin chopped tomatoes ..... 200gms sliced mushrooms
1 small sliced onion .... 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
100 mls vegetable stock or use a stock cube ... splash balsamic vinegar
2 tsp mixed herbs .... 1 tsp oregano ...... 1 tsp cumin ... 1tsp coriander ... salt and pepper *
500gms cooked, mashed potatoes .... 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese

METHOD

Put all the ingredients upto * into a pan and bring to the boil then simmer gently for about 25mins or until the lentils are soft. Add more liquid if the mix becomes too dry. You do have to keep your eye on them - don't have the heat too high and when they start to get soft keep giving them a stir.
Put the lentils mix into a dish and level the top – allow to cool then top the lentils with cooked mashed potato and sprinkle with 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese. Bake for 20 mins at 190C or until top is golden.

Have also used ready cooked lentils when in a hurry.
Add beans or any veg to fill it out a little.
I use a mix of sweet and white potatoes for the topping and have also used mashed cauliflower mixed with a HEX A of philly cheese.

Last edited:
SUNDAY 3RD JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge, fruit and yoghurt . HEX B

LUNCH
Veggie burger in a roll, Actifry chips and salad - HEX B 1 SYN each for oil and pickle . 2
Pud . 1

DINNER - it was Roast Beef and Yorkshire day so was able to have one of my comfort foods.
Jacket potato - garlic mushrooms - cheese and baked beans. HEX A for cheese - 1 SYN for potato

TOTAL 1 HEX A . 1 HEX B . SYNS - Highlights 6 - juice 1 - oil - 1 - potato 1 - pickle 1 - pud 1 - Total 11

VEGGIEBURGER.jpg

This was the burger that was in SW magazine last month - will put recipe on later

VEGGIEBURGER-CHIPS-SALAD.jpg

SUNDAYPUD.jpg

JACKETPOTATO-BEANS-GARLICMUSHROOMS-CHEESE.jpg

Thanks, :) what lentils did you use, I have brown lentils and I have the usual red lentils that I use in soups

My book says pink lentils and when you look at internet recipes they say brown or pink - don't think it matters - I have used both.

VEGGIE BURGERS

200gms potatoes - boiled and mashed
400gm tin chickpeas or 250 gms if you cook your own
4 peppadew peppers - had to look these up - they come in a jar and cost £2.99 from Waitrose so stir-fried a few frozen ones.
1 carrot - grated
4 spring onions
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp curry powder - don't use this so used cumin, coriander, garam masala and a bit of chilli powder
1 egg. - beaten

Put everything except the potatoes and egg in a blender and chop. Put it into a bowl and add the potatoes and mix then add the beaten egg and mix again
Make into 4 burgers, put on a plate and put in the fridge for a few hours to "set".
When ready to bake put oven to 200 / Gas 6
Spray a baking tray and put the burgers on it and cook for about 20 mins until they are golden.

My Vegan son was here so did not add the egg so only left them in the fridge for about an hour and they were fine. Don't think I would freeze these but they kept ok in the fridge for a couple of days. I made 5 out of mine - they were a bit big at 4.

MONDAY 4TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge, fruit and yoghurt HEX B

LUNCH
Veggie burger out of freezer, plenty of salad and mushrooms - pickle 1 SYN
Change of pud today ;) Rice pudding made with soya milk and sweetner, fruit and yoghurt - HEX A for milk

DINNER
Aubergine "meatballs" - home made tomato sauce and spaghetti. HEX A for cheese HEX B for bread

TOTAL 2 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - pickle 1 - Highlights - 6 - Juice 1 - Engevita yeast 1 - TOTAL 9

VEGGIEBURGER-MUSHROOMS-SALAD.jpg

RICEPUDDING-STRAWBERRIESANDYOGHURT.jpg

AUBERGINEMEATBALLS.jpg

The "meatballs" had just come out of the oven and knew they would have sauce on later so took this.

AUBERGINEBOLOGNESE.jpg

These were really very tasty - aubergine, parmesan, garlic breadcrumbs, onion, egg and fresh herbs - found it on the internet and "tweeked" it a bit.
The whole recipe made 18 and I had 7 for tea - 7 left for tomorrow and 4 disappeared somewhere - 1 had gone before I took the photo !!!

Will post the recipe later.

Just had to say - 11.30 pm and just got back from WESTLIFE concert - they were amazing - the other amazing thing was some of those people there could have been my granny when I was so worried I would feel silly being there.

TUESDAY 5TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge, yoghurt and fruit - 1 HEX B

LUNCH
Broccoli and potato soup and toasted cheese roll - 1HEX A - 1 HEX B
Rice pud, fruit and yoghurt.

DINNER
Lentil and veg loaf, asparagus and ratatouille.

TOTAL 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 2 - juice 1 - Engevita 1 TOTAL 4 oh and I forgot too many to count vodka syns at Westlife concert

BROCCOLIANDPOTATOSOUPWITHTOASTEDCHEESEROLL-1.jpg

Ate the other half of the roll before I photographed it ;)

RICEPUDWITHSTRAWBERRIESANDPOMEGRANITE.jpg

LENTILANDVEGBAKE.jpg

LENTILANDVEGBAKEWITHASPARAGUSANDRATATOUILLE.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it is Asparagus and Peppers something tomorrow - just been in Tesco to get some cardboard boxes and Asparagus was reduced from £1.50 to 20p so bought all 8 trays and Peppers were 19p for 3 instead of £1.15 so got 10 bags of those (these will go in Sons freezer). Spuds were only 9p for a large bag but a couple just loaded the lot into a trolley so missed those :mad:

so may I ask about your dehydrator? could it be used for to make say the raw flax crackers and stuff or is it only good for fruit? :)

fatgotago - I don't know what flax crackers are - let me know and I will try and tell you. I use it for fruit, herbs and tomatoes - the girls at the gym are always asking for the fruit (don't sell it we just swap things with each other) and I used to have difficulty getting fresh coriander in Spain so either dried or froze it.

sleepymum - they were brilliant and as I got the seat at the last moment thought it would be at the back but it was right at the side of the stage, front row , upstairs and would choose that seat again. Had a great night thanks.

Last edited:
ok thanks I think I will just get this dehydrator anyway it seems to have all the things I need it for, flax crackers are a batter made with flax seeds and oter herbs n stuff n the dehydrator dries the batter out so that its a raw cracker :) , Vegan 4 life really got me going on this raw thing lol, not 100% but a big part of what I have been eating is raw, and yum, the raw porridge I made is the best porridge I have ever had cause its not cooked its so tasty

Did you mix the porridge with water? That is what my son has had for his breakfast for years - I though he was just being lazy but they actually taste ok. I always make ours with water but they are cooked.

Just chopped and frozen all the peppers and made the asparagus soup with my Tesco bargains so now for lunch.

no its oats (gluten free for me) and soya milk and 7 chopped dry dates, soak in bowl overnight and enjoy in the morning, would be horrible with water I suspect lol :)

These are last nights bargains.

PEPPERS-TESCOBARGAIN.jpg

Made 3 large trays for the freezer plus tomorrows soup for about £1

ASPARAGUS-20pTESCOBARGAIN.jpg

All these lovely spears for 20p

Last edited:
Your the queen of bargains!!
Lol

Oh glad you had a great time at the concert!!

Back