GREEN DAYS ONLY - systemas diary

WEDNESDAY 6TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt and fruit - HEX B

LUNCH
Lunchtime hospital appointment so took a packed lunch. Left over "meatloaf" and salad and an apple

DINNER
Spinach and smoked tofu curry - Mushroom and mixed bean curry - Rice .... SYNS 1 for Engevita yeast

Vegan Son eating dinner with us this week and as I cook for 2 meat eaters as well I will be vegan for dinner this week and when I ask what he wants he always says - Curry - so looks like that is what I will be eating !!

HEX B - 1 SYNS - Highlights 2 - Engevita 1 - Juice 1 - Total 4

PACKEDLUNCH.jpg

I ate my packed lunch then went to see the Consultant who asked if I minded if he finished his lunch whilst waiting for my X-rays and he
took the biggest packet of crisps from his desk and at the whole lot - I nearlly mugged him !!!

MUSHROOMANDBEANCURRY-SPINACHANDSMOKEDTOFU-RICE.jpg

Glad to hear that Westlife were fab and that the vodka was flowing liberally ;)
I love the idea of your aubergine balls - they looked fantastic. I'm not surprised they were being nicked almost before you'd got them out of the oven. You're so inventive with your food, I wish I had the time and inclination to do the same rather than dish up yet another bean chilli for myself!

Beegee - when I get back to the gym next week lunches will be soup, beans on toast or left overs.
It's only because I have loads of time on my hands staying at MIL's for a while that I change it all the time - when I eventually get back home it will change as we spend loads of time outdoors and eat bean chilli and salads then. :sigh: Can't wait as I am really fed up with all this rain but looks like it is going to be a while - that is why I am joining the gym.

THURSDAY 7TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge, yoghurt and fruit - HEX B

LUNCH
Cheapo Asparagus soup which was brilliant - Jamie Oliver recipe with the oil left out - small round of bread with egg - small HEX B
Pud

1 Ryvita with cheese - HEX B (ryvita added to small lunch time bread) HEX A for cheese

DINNER
Chickpea Vindaloo - Veg Curry and Rice - SYNS from soya yoghurt - oil and Engevita yeast - 4 - can't have dairy yoghurt so have to pay for soya.

TOTAL
1 HEX A ..... 2 HEX B ... SYNS .. Highlights 4 - juice 1 - pud 1 - dinner 4 - total 10

ASPARAGUSSOUPWITHPOACHEDEGG.jpg

this was really worth making and easy but would have cost £7.50+ for the asparagus if I had payed full price for it - 100gms x 5 @ £1.50 plus the extras and it served 3. Cost me about 50p per portion - sending OH up to Tesco in half an hour see if they have got any more. Only 5 mins away and I don't drive a LH drive car (my excuse).

APRICOTANDSTRAWBERRYPUD.jpg

CHICKPEAVINDALOO-AUBERGINEANDCOURGETTECURRY-RICE.jpg

Camera batteries packed in after this so this is the first and only pic.

Last edited:
Oh the soup looks delicious...
Must give it a try!!

FRIDAY 8TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit and yoghurt . HEX B

LUNCH
Pepper soup with smoked paprika - Cheese on toast - HEX A - HEX B
Pud 1 SYN

DINNER
Ginger Asparagus - Blackeyed peas with dhal - Rice

Apple

TOTAL 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Highlights 6 - Engevita 1 - Juice 1 - Oil 1 - Pud 1 - Total 10 SYNS

PEPPERSOUPANDCHEESETOAST.jpg

FRIDPUD.jpg

BLACKEYEDPEASANDDHALGINGERASPARAGUSANDRICE.jpg

At long last we had a day without much rain and was able, for the first time in days, get my 10,000 steps in. Really happy about the going back to the Gym tomorrow.
This week-end is the first time since Feb 20th that I have not had something on my wrist - first a cast then a large splint and a small splint after breaking my wrist and having it plated and pinned. Consultant said it was ok as long as I don't start doing press ups (as if!!) so have to go to town today and buy something to wear.

Hi hun, hope you don't mind me following your diary. The food is lush and I can't wait to try some of your recipes as a new veggie I need ideas!

Hi hun, hope you don't mind me following your diary. The food is lush and I can't wait to try some of your recipes as a new veggie I need ideas!

Your welcome - just ask if you want the recipes for anything.

SATURDAY 9TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge, fruit and yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Ratatouille - salad - bean sprouts - dressing. 1 SYN

2 Ryvita and cheese - HEX A - HEX B

DINNER
Spinach and Potato Curry - Egg Curry - Rice

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Dressing 1 - Highlights 4 - Juice 1 - Total 6 SYNS

RATATOUILLE-SALADANDBEANSPROUTS.jpg

EGGCURRY-POTATOESANDSPINACHCURRY-RICE.jpg

I didn't like the other Vegan curry so put eggs in mine.

Did you get anything nice? :)

Just went into Primark and got some leggings and a top - got loads of nice gym wear at home so only need these for a while. Did go to Decathlon and got some Kalenji light weight trainer type shoes. I really hate wearing shoes and only wear them outdoors and then only Crocs tone flip flops - I can walk for miles in them.
Called at the gym I am going to - went there for a month last year - and the first class tomorrow is Zumba - what on earth do you wear for that - do I need my Spanish Feria dress :D

the first class tomorrow is Zumba - what on earth do you wear for that - do I need my Spanish Feria dress :D

Do it! Would be worth it for the incredulous looks alone. Enjoy it, I've always thought it sounded quite fun (while being far too lazy to actually do it ...)

Just got back from Zumba and I really enjoyed it and no need for the Feria dress this time. The girl teaching it made it fun and at the end added some Twist and Line dancing which was a laugh. Give it a go Beegee - not as bad as I thought it was going to be. (my smilies don't work)
Stayed for an 45 min Aqua class so enough until Wednesday.

SUNDAY 10TH

BREAKFAST
Porridge - fruit and yoghurt - HEX B

LUNCH
Salad - bean sprouts - garlic mushrooms - poached egg
Pud - 1 SYN

DINNER
Butternut squash Risotto with Parmesan cheese - 2 HEX A
Sweet potato and veg croquettes and bok choy.

TOTAL - 2 HEX A - 1 HEX B SYNS - Highlights 6 - Pud 1 - Dressing 1 - Engevita 1 - SYNS 9

MUSHROOMSANDSALADWITHPOACHEDEGG.jpg

PUD-SUNDAY.jpg

BUTTERNUTSQUASHRISSOTO-PAKCHOY-SPICYBUBBLEANDSQUEEK.jpg

Made the croquettes from sweet potato and chopped up left over veg from the meat eaters, added Harissa paste and coated them in made-up couscous and put them in the oven with other things. Didn't bother with the egg coating as the couscous stuck to the potatoes without it.

Slept until 7.30 am which is very unusal for me - must have been all the exercise yesterday. Then realised it was when I got out of bed - wow my back aches and the top of my arms are like lead. :cry:

MONDAY 11TH JUNE

BREAKFAST
Porridge - yoghurt and fruit - HEX B

Apple and Banana after gym

LUNCH
Butternut Squash Risotto and Croquettes - left overs. HEX A for cheese

DINNER
Aubergine and Lentil Bake with veg

Alpen bar - HEX B

TOTAL - 1 HEX A - 2 HEX B - SYNS - Oil and Engevita 3 - Highlights 6 - Juice 1 - Total Syns 10

RISSOTOLEFTOVERS.jpg

AUBERGINEANDLENTILPIE.jpg

Potato topped Aubergine and Lentil Bake

AUBERGINEANDLENTILSWITHPOTATOTOPPING.jpg

Back